Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

wrinkles!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

This is awful, but what the hell, I had a good giggle about it the other night...

I met up with 3 of my friends on friday night for a meal and a good gossip, we dont see each other that often anymore as they all have young children...

We were all sat having a meal and all I could do was look around their eyes at the wrinkles and deep lines they all had Shock ....I mean it was serious stuff....I was really shocked at the deep lines of one my friends and they are all 4 years younger than me...

I got home, ran to the mirror to check my lines and thank god they arent as bad!!!..But more to the point thank god I started to look after my skin!!! Maybe its because my children are my cats...but even so they still get me up at 5am every morning!!! Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Maybe its because my children are my cats...but even so they still get me up at 5am every morning!!! Rolling Eyes

Why do cats insist on doing that? Laughing
They seem to have a large repertoire of tricks designed to get you out of bed at some ungodly hour.

I was mistaken for 24 the other day (I'm 30) by one of my 22 year old colleagues. Not much, but it made me feel a bit better about the fine lines starting to appear around my eyes. Smile
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Great when that happens isnt it!!!!

I know I dont look all of my 38 years yet, I just hope that they keep making stronger anti-wrinkle creams!!!

Not only do they wake me in the middle of the night, they also take 3 hours to decide which room and what part of the bed they will sleep on! Garfield the movie is to true to life!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I'm ashamed to say that I do something similar. I tend to notice other people's skin if it's sun damaged (you know - that almost leathery look?). Then I sit there thinking "well, this person needs a vit C serum". My other half once gave me an earfull because I was apparently staring at some lady's skin as she was having a conversation with one of my friends.... Terrible I know Embarassed
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, thats what I felt like, but I just couldnt stop looking!!!

I thought at one stage, should I say, how about trying some decleor or something, but knowing me and my mouth, it'd all come out wrong and I'd be sooo embarrassed!..

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I confess to be guilty of doing the same thing. Saturday nite we went to an xmas party and there were a few people there I had graduated with and hadn't seen for ages. Honestly I was floored at how wrinkled and leathery a couple of them were. There was one that even my husband commented about on the drive home.

The sad part of it is I am so hard on myself it usually takes an experience like that to realize just how good I do look for 38.

Thank god for this forum and all the great tips and product reviews.

Sherri
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
I can still see the look on my daughters face about 8 years ago, as she was looking at me, specifically my face. We talked about this later and she actually was thinking I was looking older. Sad

Would you believe that was 8 years ago and she and most of my friends swear I look younger today than I did 8 years ago! Very Happy

Thank goodness to a skincare routine that helps you look younger and younger!

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not at the age where my friends have wrinkles, but I'm constantly noticing their clogged, dehydrated skin...

I noticed today that my mom is really ageing...If I had $ to buy her a xmas gift I'd give her some good decent skincare
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
When I see someone who has little blackheads all over their nose, I just want to scream, "Drink Water!" Blackheads are partly caused by not drinking enough water and allowing the system to flush itself out.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I do this EVERY morning on the subway ...well, there are no windows to look out when you are underground.. oh, speaking of which, why dont advertisers catch on to this and put "moving pictures" along the subway walls to entertain us.. when the train is not so full of Tokyo commuters that you can see the windows that is.. oh, I digressed a bit....

Anyway, I always look at skin and especially made-up skin and wonder just what it looks like without the gloop.

and here is an OMG.. my male coworker has milia the size of DIMES.. oh my gosh, it is awful to look at .. he has them around the top and bottom of both eyes and I always wondered what was wrong with him. Yesterday I met my friend who used to work with this guy at another company and she mentioned them and I asked what they were and she said "I dont know what tey are in ENglish, but basically they are fat" and I was like OH MY GOSH.. humungous milia! I will never ever ever complain about mine again! But what I just DONT get, is how can someone walk around with such disfigurement on their face when it is fairly easily removed at a clinic?

Oh and about the cats.. I had one that used to chew my fingers to wake me up and I had to sleep with my hands in a fist - it became routine to move to that position at dawn. ... and then the pair of them would run down the long, long polished wood floor at 5am and at the bedroom door would take a flying leap onto the bed. If I was not quick enough to hear the claws on the floor and roll over I would get a full-grown cement-laden cat on my full bladder. Now THAT is a new definition of pain!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
Why do cats insist on doing that? Laughing They seem to have a large repertoire of tricks designed to get you out of bed at some ungodly hour.
Tell me about it!!

Toe wrote:
I was mistaken for 24 the other day (I'm 30) by one of my 22 year old colleagues. Not much, but it made me feel a bit better about the fine lines starting to appear around my eyes. Smile
I know how good that feels -- I got carded the other day when I tried to buy cigarettes (in the U.S., retailers are "required" to ask for ID from anyone under age 27 trying to buy smokes, though the legal age to purchase them is 18 ). I'm 36, so even though my jaw dropped when the clerk asked from my * spam *, it sure as hell made my day!! Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Okay - so I'm going to be the one who has an entirely different point of view. But, I want to shout to the world that wrinkles are okay. That women who have wrinkles are beautiful. I want to shout to the cosmetics industry to stop bombarding women with these anti-wrinkle things that cost an arm and a leg; that make women poorer and the cosmetic companies richer than they have ever been. There's too much pressure on women to be perfect in every way - just the right size and shape with not a wrinkle on the face. My God, women are even injecting poisonous substances into their faces to get rid of wrinkles - I wonder if men would do that??

I know that when I meet my women friends for a night out that they're examining my face with a magnifying glass to see if I've developed a wrinkle since the last time we met and I hate it!!! Then they spend much of the conversation talking about cellulite and botox and maybe it's my age but it all sounds a little pathetic and nuerotic and desperate.

Wrinkles are inevitable - but so what?? Just think how many billions of dollars the cosmetics companies would lose if women weren't so obsessed with wrinkles. We are bombarded with advertisements on how perfect we must be. We are bombarded by young, air-brushed models selling anti-wrinkle creams to aging baby boomers. We are bombarded with Hollywood's stereotypical view of how women should look. Aging actresses are photographed through layers of filtered glass so that not a wrinkle shows. Skin must be perfect. Oh please - get real!!

So, I know I'm the lone voice here and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I'm venting and I want to shout once more - "aging" is not a dirty word and "wrinkles" are not ugly.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
So, I know I'm the lone voice here and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I'm venting and I want to shout once more - "aging" is not a dirty word and "wrinkles" are not ugly.

I love it! Leelee, you can shout anything you want to because everyone has a right to their own independent opinion!

Having said that, one thing I will NOT do is have Botox, but I definitely will keep slathering various topicals on my face to slow the wrinkles... but that's just my independent opinion. Smile

And, I've read that almost as many men have Botox treatments now as women.

I do think it's important to research and evaluate cosmeceuticals that we buy and to get them at the very best price possible.

And, even though we only talk about skincare in this forum, it's also highly important that we develop other interests and not just obsess on our looks. I just like to have soft supple skin and because I feel younger than my age, I also like to look younger. That is not to diminish the wisdom that comes with years of experiences.

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Judy - I want my skin to be soft and supple too. My point is that soft, supple skin may also have a wrinkle or two that does not diminish the beauty of the skin.

I remember the last time I saw my grandmother, she lived in Vancouver and I took a trip out West to visit her and she was well into her eighties then, and I remember sitting in the living room with her and we were talking when I was suddenly struck by the beauty of her skin. It was so radiant and transluscent and clear and bright. To be sure, at 80 she had some fine lines around the eyes etc. but it didn't detract from the loveliness of her skin. I told her how beautiful I thought she was and I'm glad I did because it was the last time I saw her since she passed away not long after I returned home to Montreal.

I have absolutely nothing against anyone trying to be the best they can be and to have the best skin possible. My bankbook can attest to the fact that I spend lots of money to have good skin. But, I feel some lines and wrinkles as we age doesn't diminish our beauty.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Of course, you're right Leelee. I think what one sees of our conversations here aren't exactly typical of all our conversations though.

We actually come here to talk about skincare issues and wrinkles are one of those issues. So what one sees of the women here is just one facet of our personalities.

Sounds like you had a beautiful relationship with your grandmother. That's truly a blessing.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Leeleedeedee

I like your take on wrinkles. I must confess that I closely examine myself every morning and night to look out for developing wrinkles and recently fret a fair bit when the frown line between my brows just doesnt't seem to budge much despite relaxaline, AlphaDE, etc.

Your email jotted me back to reality - "hey, having flawless skin is not be all and end all".

Sometimes I really think women have the shorter end of the stick - we must look good (skin and body), sound intelligent, hold down a good job, be a nurturing mother, and a gentle yet exciting wife......whoa, no wonder someone said eventually we do not need men - we are all super women! I don't see men needing to try that hard.

Sorry, I think I am starting to rant which is not I set out to do.

Back to skin and wrinkles, I guess I will still continue to work out (try to be healthy and shapely), and bust my bank account for the endless temptations here at EDS, but take a broader perspective - there are more interesting things on this earth than that wretched frown line....thanks for the wake up call!

TGIF!
Jenny
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Just like Tiger Tim I used to be absolutely fascinated by the formation of other peoples' wrinkles. I used to do it on the London tube. Try and guess where they started where they would end up - what the causes might be - were they still attractive with them or not.

But after all my observations I can't agree with Leeleedeedee. It depends on the wrinkles; some old people with particular, usually I reckon happy, smiley induced dynamic wrinkles can look remarkably beautiful and tranquil.

But if you have criss-crossy, crumply, sun-damage wrinkles or there are intensely angry lines on your forhead and a constant glare from your frown lines it's not so appealing.

People react to the way you look. I've found they often mistake these lines for expressions but in reality they're only reading your age. 'oh, you look so tired' 'you look angry' - it's annoying when you're not. It's like constantly being misunderstood. These kind of wrinkles I see as slow growing SCARS so I don't worry about trying to remove them.

Some wrinkles good. Some wrinkles not. I'm choosy.

Molly
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
In college the other day, my lecturer (who is about 10 years younger than me) was trying to illustrate the way sampling worked in research. He said that the ave age of his class was 27 and he could show how you could get a small sample by sampling the ages of the last 3 in the row. There was Denis, a mature student, me another mature student, and suzy who is about 25. When he asked my age and I told him, he was ...oh, right, I thought you were MUCH younger and got all embarrassed. My unanticipated age totally messed up his point and I got a major ego boost! However, they all know how old I am now Confused

5% products discount

Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:52 am      Reply with quote
USE LA COLLINE - EYE GEL (NIGHT)
LA COLLINE - EYE CREAM(DAY)

THIS BRAND IS FROM SWISS

FANNY
yyazj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I think have a good sleeping is good for our body,also for wrinkls.Don't smoke and drink alcohol.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |