Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Chantecaille
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't see many reivews about Chantecaille. I am using a few products:

Just Skin Anti-Smog Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

I have used it for a year (still have not finsished my first one), the product description said it is designed for women and men and provides excellent coverage, smoothes fine lines.

I will say it is more for someone with beautiful skin as I don't see it provides very good coverage.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Chantecaille Real Skin Foundation

This is the best foundation I have used, it has been 5+ years, and still love it. It blends to my skin naturally, can last for whole day during winter.

Expensive, USD62
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Chantecaille Lip Chic (USD30)

Nothing special, and don't like the chocolate smell. Not going to buy again.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Chantecaille Flower Infused Cleansing Milk

An expensive cleanser - USD58. It is a gentle cleanser, feel good after using but don't understand why it is so expensive.
sucencen
5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Where did you buy it?
It is really hard to buy chantecaille cause i'm in australia...
I love chantecaille products! I have tinted moisture spf15 too,two masks,and compact powder.
jasmine and lily healing mask,$65,it soothing the skin when my skin feels sensitive.
biodynamic lifting mask,$145,it firms and restores,good for mature skin.
compact powder,$65?(forgot..)it can not concealer too much,very nice for dry and problem-free skin.
I love each of these products and want to try more..
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
sucencen wrote:
Where did you buy it?
I love chantecaille products! I have tinted moisture spf15 too,two masks,and compact powder.
jasmine and lily healing mask,$65,it soothing the skin when my skin feels sensitive.
compact powder,$65?(forgot..)it can not concealer too much,very nice for dry and problem-free skin.

I bought them in Hong Kong, Chantecaille only available in those luxury department stores.

I also want to try the concealer, but did not buy it last time.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've only had the eyeshadows - one color I loved and they don't make anymore.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the makeup.I think this one is better than dior's
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I can tell the quality is very good.

Most of the foundation is made in Japan, lip stick etc... are made in France.
sucencen
5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
sucencen wrote:
Where did you buy it?

I bought them in Hong Kong, Chantecaille only available in those luxury department stores.

I also want to try the concealer, but did not buy it last time.

Even in Hongkong,the price is much higher than USA...
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
I think the price is about the same, I have checked the price from Neiman Marcus.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this line starting this new year and the makeup is so fantastic!!!

I have Just Skin tinted moisturizer and I don't normally use this on daily basis. It does have nice coverage, but it is a sheer coverage and any flaws do come through. Personally, this does not bother me because I love the natural look with some help of nice dewy, somewhat matt skin with a nice flush on your cheeks.

AquaBlush is really nice that last, so safe on cystic acne prone skin and very easy to blend. I find that it comes off when I reapply my sunscreen on top. The powder version of blush is not heavy but the colour is apparent.

I've used two palettes and the current one is Les Dauphins. It appears that all palettes are very neutral and there is one palette called "jewels" where there is colour and the purpose is to have that on the side and use it when you want to add a splash of colour. Clearly, this brand is after natural look.

LipChic is a sheer lipstick and the Brilliant lipgloss is nice and has a light touch of something that makes your lips appear to be swollen to give a fuller look. It's not very effective but would work on anyone who is very sensitive to the usual brands.
Lip pencil is a basic pencil with nice shade selection.

Luminous eyeliner surprisingly last all day for me. But now the warmer weather is here, so it will be interesting to see with more oily eyelids, how long it would last. The application is so easy to control and the shades are very interesting. It is a nice added touch to the natural shades of eyeshadow.

Le Stylo comes in two shades and I really love this. This also last all day for my oily eyelids, but it would be interesting to see how it is during the summer. It is easy to apply whether you want a very, very fine line or a thicker line. I've also used it on my inner eye rim line and there is no irritation.

Faux Cils mascara is very, very expensive. I am not sure if it is the most expensive mascara on the market, but in Canadian dollars, I think I paid over $50! I really, really loved it, but after two months, I found that the mascara build up at the top of the brush (the thicker end) and it did not dry up, but it was there. It goes on very silky and looks very wet and deep with colour.

As for the eyeshadows, there are three different versions and I won't go into great details, because I feel that you should play with it and see with your own eyes. The "shine" version is an amazing quality of shimmer with amazing staying power.

I am a huge fan of Cle de Peau loose powder and concealer. CdP changed the loose powder for the better, but there is a serious catch to the new version of loose powder....you can't buy refills and the price went up. I still have some of the old version, and I won't purchase the newer version because of the price markup and refills are not being sold. I will be getting Chantecaille, which I find competes with CdP and by Terry. The packaging of Chantecaille loose powder is messy.

As for the skin care products. I have so many samples and did not try them all. For many years, I was a major fan of Cellcosmet and still use some of their products, but I will no longer use their mask because I find that Jasmine & Lily mask does the same job as Cellcosmet and Valmont. Chantecaille price is a lot better. In my opinion, not all of Chantecaille skin care products is top notch and you will have to see for yourself.

I have very little left of Real Skin and boy is that another absolutely amazing gel/cream foundation. This is not for someone with moderate to heavy flawed skin. My skin is not perfect and I still get some breakouts. This foundation will not cover it and if you have a dry patch, it will show a bit. Some think that this foundation defeats the purpose, but I disagree. This is a perfect weekend foundation, for that natural, nice glowing skin and I don't care if I have a freckle or a spot on my skin look. The formulation is so unique and I used to be a huge fan of La Prarie Caviar foundation that cost something like $300 for medium to light coverage, but this one is better. This winter, I plan to try Future Skin. The reviews are really good but it is not the type of coverage that I am looking for in the spring/summer season. I have a friend who like to mix Just Skin and Real Skin and she said it really works out for her skin.

I am very disappointed that AquaBlush shimmer line was discontinued. I get various excuses why it was discontinued, but obviously customers complain that they want it back. The best excuse I got from a regional manager was that they misunderstood SA report that customers did not like it and not to produce more when it was really the opposite. I guess the report was misread by the top people at Chantecaille.

I have the cute Les Petales-rose type of pressed powder and it is very flawless on my skin. I had no interest to purchase the Les Petales highlighter because there is no statement that promises that it won't affect acne prone skin and the texture appears to be more heavier then the AquaBlush highlighter version.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Our local Nordstroms just started carrying Chantecaille and sent me a card for a free sample pot of their Future Skin foundation. The nice sales assistant ended up giving me three of them so I could play with shades!

Future Skin is supposedly a medium coverage foundation, but I think it is pretty sheer, though you can layer on extra to get to a more medium level of coverage. Texture wise, it is a so-called "gel" which means a thick cream that vanishes as you brush it on. It reminds me of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in its texture.(The SA used a small foundation brush--I have tried my Becca cream blush brush and a skunk brush and both work fine. So would fingers, I suspect.) Unfortunately it comes in a pot, rather than a pump container or a tube, so you have to use a tiny spatula if you don't want to contaminate it with fingers.

Good news for really light-skinned folks--they make a nearly white shade called porcelain as well as several pretty pale shades. (My SA gave me the three next palest shades to porcelain to try--ivory (with pink undertones) alabaster (with neutral beige undertones) and vanilla (with yellow undertones.) All three are sheer enough to work, with alabaster the best for my coloring. Bad news for dark-skinned folks--they only have one shade that would work for darker skinned folks.

Would I buy it? Maybe. It's not as glowy as Chanel's Vitalumiere, but the colors are a bit better for me. It can go from sheer to medium coverage, which is nice. Not so nice is the price--more than 60 dollars plus tax--beating Chanel by ten dollars, and I thought Chanel was at my upper limit!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft, thanks for sharing your review of Future Skin. I can't wait to get it in late fall, but I wan't to enjoy the spring season first! Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I've only had the eyeshadows - one color I loved and they don't make anymore.

Bet it was pyrite..my fav. the only shadow I've ever finished up
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I believe Holt's in Canada is carrying this now!!!!

I love the pressed powder and bronzer that were limited edition, had bengali tigers on them. I am going to have to try more, now that it should be easier to order. Very Happy
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I believe Holt's in Canada is carrying this now!!!!

I love the pressed powder and bronzer that were limited edition, had bengali tigers on them. I am going to have to try more, now that it should be easier to order. Very Happy

Pressed powder is not real skin, right? I really love Real Skin! Have tried so many foundation and many of them will change color in the afternoon, Real skin always stay the same.
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I like Chantecaille.Although it is expensive .face cream is suitable for me, improve skin firmness.Powder is very delicate, no makeup feeling
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have some Chantecaille favourites too:

Vital Essence: Brightening and hydrating serum for face and eyes.

Biodynamic Lifting Mask: Amazing lifting and pumping results.

Just Skin: My favourite tinted moisturizer.

Frangipani edp: Beautiful fragrance which always gets compliments.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample packet of Vital Essence when I got my sample pots of Future Skin and I tucked it into by carry-on bag recently on a transcontinental flight. It was nicely moisturizing and soothing--airplane air is so dry that it sucks the life out of me. This was a real treat to smooth on just before landing.

5% products discount

Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I've used Future skin for many years! I love it! It's pretty sheer but good enough to cover some brown spots on my face. I use it only in summer as I found Cle de peau is great also and more suitable for winter

I would say I love CDP more than Chantecaille. It gives me really a more healthy glow. Because I need to mix two colors from Chantecaille, their tones are not for me. Crying or Very sad And CDP gives a better coverage and more moisture but of course it's a bit more thick. If you are looking for something light, go for Chantecaille; if you need a good coverage, it's worth to try CDP
Very Happy
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone happen to know the ingredients to the Vital Essence Serum? I googled it and I could not find the ingredient list! Thanks!
thethe
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I think the future is not enough skin coverage, if you had a good skin condition, that this product will make you even better, but if you need to cover, I think it is not covered by terry lumiere veloutee good
Koka
5% products discount

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I agree future skin doesn't give a good coverage, but with the concealer, it's find for me even I have some spots.

I tried by terry also, it's good also. But I found its texture is a bit like Chantecaille. Both of them are good!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I used Chantecaille's makeup and face cream, my favorite!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |