Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Dark circles recommendations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
madr1id

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hello to everybody on the forums.
First just wanted to say that english is not my first language so some errors are bound to happen.

To the point now.
I'm a 25 year old male and about a year ago I started to develop dark circles under eyes. I know that there are different causes for dark circles (thin skin, dilated veins/capillaries, melanin hyperpigmentation, bone structure around eyes), but mine are caused by dilated veins.
Naturally I went to the doctors to do a complete check up and everything was excellent except for the high bilirubin in the blood tests, but for me it's common since I was diagnosed with Gilbert's syndrome about 10 years ago.

So now I'm looking for some topicals to help with my dark circles (not interested in zapping caps under eyes with lasers at this point). I did a thorough research on this and other forums on topicals that can help with dark circles or dilated veins (spider veins) and found the following.

GROUP1: Topicals for dark circles:

1.) Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue
There is many positive reviews on this one but nobody mentions on what kind of dark circles ptr helped them, only once I've seen someone saying that it made their veins shrunk and that's really what I wanted to hear
yusufosman on this thread
viewthread.php?tid=8841
says

Code:

Before I started to use PTR K I stretched the skin under my eye and could see little tiny bloody vessels. I used to rub my eyes a lot when I was younger (allergies) and suffered severe excema as a child.

I have been using PTR for maybe 3 weeks now and when I do the same thing I can't see them I've tried it at different times of the day different mirrors and they seem to have gone away. My dark circles look better; they haven't gone away or improved dramatically but better than they were.

2.) Nulexin
This one has all the ingredients that hylexin has, plus some of their additional ingredients.
A respected member(Dr. Frankenstein) on another forum says

Code:

NULEXIN did help my serious dark circles get about one-half, or 50%,
smaller, and the remaining 50% are clearly lighter than before.
However, NULEXIN did not make my serious dark circles go away
completely.  That was the goal that I was hoping for.

3.) Vasanti Eye Wonder
I know a person who used this one with some OK results, but her dark circles were caused by excessive melanin. Amazon reviews are also positive.
It has some good ingredients like Haloxyl,Eyeliss Matrixyl 3000:

Code:

1. Dermican: a tetra-peptide that promotes restructuring of the skin, thickens and firms to improve the appearance of dark circles causes by thinning skin (clinical studies show 82% of volunteers got a positive effect with improvement of skin thickness and firmness). 2. Eurol BT: a natural olive extract that inhibits tyrosinase production, lightens and brightens dark circles caused by increased melanin production. 3. Haloxyl: a peptide that reinforces the structure of the skin and reduces the appearance of dark under eye circles caused by weakened and broken blood vessels and capillaries (blood- bilirubin- looks red in colour and under the skin looks like a bruise). 4. Eyeliss: helps prevent and reduce undereye puffiness by decreasing the capillary permeability and increasing lymphatic circulation, elasticity and firmness as well as reducing inflammation. 5. Matrixyl 3000: One of the most effective peptides in achieving an anti-wrinkle and lifting effect. Restructures and repairs the extracellular matrix (contains matirikines which are messengers of cutaneous restructuration). 6. Phytelene 773: a blend of marine algaes with hydrating and anti-aging properties.

4.) Easy Eye Solutions
Well, many people in this thread viewthread.php?tid=32702&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0
have nice things to say about this one, but it seems to me that it mostly helps with the bags, not sure whether it would help dark circles caused by dilated veins, maybe I should ask Zach about it.

5.) Revitalume
brody on this thread
viewthread.php?tid=3941&start=50
says

Code:

Last time I posted, I had setteled on PTR which did a fair job at diminishing the dark circles... but I never stopped trying new ones. After reading a "supposed" online review on a product called Revitalume... (I say supposed because it read more like a press release from the manufacturer than a true review), I decided to give it a try. So far so good and the results show much quicker than anything I've tried to date. Being male, it was important that the product was odorless and did not leave any shine or any of that sparkly stuff Shock.
It also hydrates the under eye area quite nicely and seems to reduce the tiered eye look I sometimes get after a poor night's sleep.
Also this stuff didn't irritate my under eye area like some other products have.

However I discovered that Revitalume has some kind of color in it, so maybe that's what's causing the quick results that brody mentions.

6.) Teamine
Several positive reviews on this one as well, but to my knowledge it helps only with dark circles caused by excessive melanin. Am I right?

GROUP2: Topicals for spider veins:

1.) Rosacure
luckylouie on this thread
viewthread.php?tid=22939
says

Code:

Hi, I've tried a few actives to help my broken thread veins. Based on my personal experience here is what does and does not work.

Horse chestnut and vitamin k - these don't work. I used them for about three months added to my night cream. Minimal difference.

MSM and milk thistle extract (silymarin)- these work. In the past I have used a product called Rosacure, but it's quite pricey. It did work to calm redness, but a few days after stopping the product they came back. After looking through a Rosacea forum I found out that the active ingredients in it were msm and milk thistle. I have been using these in my night cream for 4 days now and the redness is definitely decreasing, particularly on my neck/chest area.

I asked Rosacure manufacturer do they know anything about it diminishing spider veins and can it be used on undereye skin.
They answered that it's the first time they've heard about it helping with spider veins and that you shouldn't use it under eyes.
Maybe luckylouie can say did she use it on the under eye area.

2.) Variclear
I don't have any real reviews on this one but it contains vitamin p, hesperidin... which are supposed to be good for strengthening veins and diminishing spider veins.
Also their before and after photos on the bottom of this page (robelynlabs(dot)com/photos/default.asp) look good, if they're real of course.

3.) Janson Beckett Couperose Cream
Winnie on this thread
viewthread.php?tid=4247
says

Code:

Several girls on the forum have had good results with Janson-Becketts Couperose Cream (1.5 oz.)

Astringent and freshening action reduces the appearance of spider veins and broken capillaries on the face.

JB also has a lotion for the legs but the Couperose Cream is made for the face.

Is this cream still on the market?

5.) Dr Eris Eye Care Cream for Dilated Capillaries
Aga on this review thread
viewthread.php?tid=5187
says

Code:

I have been using this cream for a broken vein under my eye.
Its been only a couple of weeks but I can see improvement, it looks like the vessle has shrunk Very Happy

Its also a great moisturizer, its very light in texture and you need only a little and it sinks right in and keeps the area well hydrated all day! LOVE THAT!

This eye cream is also supposed to help with dark cicrles which has gotten a little lighter, but I have been using other lightning products so I am not sure what actually helps with that.

Is this cream still on the market?

6.) Rosehip oil
oriana808 on this thread
viewthread.php?tid=15064&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=125
says

Code:

I bought some pure organic rosehip seed oil last week and have been applying it to my face daily. I had to write in because I've never seen anything work so quickly and so drastically - namely on a small broken capillary I've had on the side of my nose for almost two years. In less then a week it has almost disappeared completely. I kept looking in the mirror in shock, thinking that I was just seeing things.

Yes it does work, it really does. Very Happy

also

cecelia on this thread
viewthread.php?tid=19749
says

Code:

I read this thread and saw the recommendation for rosehip oil and thought I'd give it a whirl on some of the broken capillaries I have around my nose.

Imagine my surprise when I looked in the mirror to apply it and they are gone??!! Very Happy I still have one more on one side of my nose, but the ones that were really bad have disappeared in the last 2-3 months since I've discovered EDS and started revamping my routine.

7.) Capiderm
Zenia on this review thread
viewthread.php?p=534640
says

Code:

The improvement the first weeks was HUGE!!Probably 50% reduction on the spider veins.But then the prosess slowed down,and i don`t know if i can hope for more now..
I had medium spider veins,not at all the worst cases.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Are Janson Beckett Couperose Cream and Dr. Eris Eye Cream still on the market because I can't find them on any internet store (maybe Winnie can help on the JB Cream)?

2.) Please advise me on which topicals (regardless of if they're on my list or not) are best for treating dark circles caused by dilated veins. I decided to use 2 creams at the same time, one from the dark circles topicals group and the one from the spider veins topicals group.
My choices so far are: Peter Thomas Roth Power K Eye Rescue and Rosacure, although I'm a bit worried about rosacure since the manufacturer said that it shouldn't be used under eyes.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I am just starting to use Capiderm, but I can tell you the Hylexin I saved up for was a bust! My dark circles are really just the same as before I tried it, so save your money there. The Capiderm has great reviews, and my circles are just like yours - leaky capillaries.
Recently the maker of Easy Eye Solutions told me to start taking Vit K for the dark circles. He said that they might not go away completely, but that the Vit K would help with the leaky capillaries. So I take 100 mcg a day. I actually think it is helping! I will tell you how the Capiderm goes as I continue to use it.
And your English is excellent!
Welcome to the forum.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:15 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I am just starting to use Capiderm, but I can tell you the Hylexin I saved up for was a bust! My dark circles are really just the same as before I tried it, so save your money there. The Capiderm has great reviews, and my circles are just like yours - leaky capillaries.
Recently the maker of Easy Eye Solutions told me to start taking Vit K for the dark circles. He said that they might not go away completely, but that the Vit K would help with the leaky capillaries. So I take 100 mcg a day. I actually think it is helping! I will tell you how the Capiderm goes as I continue to use it.
And your English is excellent!
Welcome to the forum.

Alexes,

I'll be interested in hearing your report on Capiderm! Have you thought about using it on just one eye to see if it really makes a difference? That's what I'm doing with PTR Power K. I've used this product in the past but I wasn't sure if it made a difference. Smile
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:41 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie
That is a good idea! Hadn't thought of it. I was thinking about taking pictures but sometimes pictures bleach out the dark circles. Doing only one eye would definitely tell me if it is helping. Good luck with the PTR Power K. Let us know if it works!
madr1id

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your inputs, please keep em coming.

About the leaking capillaries. Well, I spoke with a dermatologist about this one and he told me that in most cases where veins are causing the dark circles capillaries are not really leaking blood, they are only dilated, mostly because of the pooled blood.
So vitamin K's clothing ability shouldn't play any role in helping with dark circles. In fact I'm almost sure that when any vitamin K cream helps somebody it's always something else in the cream and not vit K that helps.

Most of the topicals that I mentioned in my first post have some great reviews by real people, so the only thing to do is to try it for a couple of months.

First I'm gonna try ptr + rosacure, then if it doesn't help it's Variclear cream(citrus bioflavenoid,rutin-vitamin P,grape seed extract, horse chestnut,hesperidin)+rosehip oil for me.

I'm still a bit worried about using rosacure under eyes since the seller said not to use it on that area.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again.
There is a cream on this forum that many people swear by - Cellular Skin Rx Eye Bright Treatment - and it is not very expensive. I seems to have some very strong qualities, and I was thinking of trying it next if what I am using does not work. Maybe you should check it out?
naelivia
5% products discount

Sat May 01, 2010 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Olay total effects eye transforming cream seems to work pretty well. Sliced cucumbers have also helped to reduce my dark circles.
madr1id

Mon May 03, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
One more thing, is there any eye cream that acts like a concealer(covers dark circles), but doesn't need to be taken off like a concealer, but gets absorbed by the skin a few hours after application.
Does something like this exist?

Tomorrow I'm starting ptr+rosacure regimen, will keep this thread updated for results.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that the Easy Eye Solutions Illuminating cream helps conceal dark circles but is actually a treatment. It is not a make-up but has light diffusing properties and is supposed to lighten the area, and help reduce the circles in the long run. I don't have it so I don't really know, but you could maybe email EES, they will definitely get back to you.
jones10021
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
wow, such a well detailed post! Smile

Typically I use only use products from Best Bath Store and Bare Escentuals so for under eye cream I use http://www.bestbathstore.com/eye-care/intensive-under-eye-treatment/
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:27 am      Reply with quote
thanks for starting this thread! keep us posted! Smile
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
i suggest getting fillers , yes restaylne in the tear troughs by an EXPERIENCED eye/surgeon doctor. And also juvederm in the cheeks (mid face) to help with the hollow eyes.

Look into fillers IF creams dont work Smile
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
SkinCareJunkie
That is a good idea! Hadn't thought of it. I was thinking about taking pictures but sometimes pictures bleach out the dark circles. Doing only one eye would definitely tell me if it is helping. Good luck with the PTR Power K. Let us know if it works!

Hey Alexes,

How is Capiderm working out for you? I've tried the sample of Power K under my left eye and it didn't seem to do anything.

Though I'm wondering if the product was old. They gave me the last bit of product. I swear it did something before. I'm going to try to get another sample. Very Happy
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have only been using it for a few days - it took a long time to get through the mail. I like it so far but I will let you know if there is dramatic change - I am hoping so hard for it!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
If you really, really want to try something that works no matter what, try Obagi treatment. I tried surgery, fillers, vitamin K creams, lower % hydroquinone and within weeks of Obagi + Retin-A mine have gone to almost non-existent. I used to leave the house with 2 or three or more layers of concealers on my eyes and now I have no need of that on hat area.
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I am in the same boat. Disgusting under eye circles plus non-native speaker:).
My hollows are hereditary. I use Easy Eye Solutions, it makes them smaller, but not lighter. I has gummi arabica in it that is good for making the area smaller, but it does not make circles go away completely. And I do not think anything does.
Things I tried:
oil pulling. It is supposed to draw out toxins from the under eye area.
Blackstrap molasses. It is good for circles due to anemia.
Almond oil. Ayurvedic medicine claims that its Vitamin E content may be helpful.
Tons of vitamins and supplements.
None of the above made a difference, except for EES.
What made a considerable difference is staying away from wheat a dairy. But they are not completely gone!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I have only been using it for a few days - it took a long time to get through the mail. I like it so far but I will let you know if there is dramatic change - I am hoping so hard for it!

I really hope it works for you! I hate when I have to wait for products in the mail. I like instant gratification. Laughing
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
If you really, really want to try something that works no matter what, try Obagi treatment. I tried surgery, fillers, vitamin K creams, lower % hydroquinone and within weeks of Obagi + Retin-A mine have gone to almost non-existent. I used to leave the house with 2 or three or more layers of concealers on my eyes and now I have no need of that on hat area.

Hi Margarett,

It's great that you have found something that works for your Dark Circles. What color were your circles? Mine are purple and unfortunately hereditary.

I used Retin-A for Dark Circles but it didn't do anything. What Obagi products do you use under your eyes? Do they have an eye cream?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
margarett wrote:

Hi Margarett,

It's great that you have found something that works for your Dark Circles. What color were your circles? Mine are purple and unfortunately hereditary.

I used Retin-A for Dark Circles but it didn't do anything. What Obagi products do you use under your eyes? Do they have an eye cream?

Hi Skincare:

I have olive skin color and my circles were 2 or 3 shades darker than the overall color of my face, brownish. Heres is a link to a picture I just posted on a review of an eyelash serum, you can see there is no difference in color around my eye, it is now even,it is the most recent picture I have.

On the first picture you can see better my lower eyelid
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=38275

Originally, I did not plan on using Obagi for this problem (dark circles). I had no idea that this product will eliminate them. I suffer from hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks but did not use any of the products at the beginning on any of my lids, but then I started applying it (hydroquinone and Retin-A/Blender) on my lower lids and right away I saw a difference. When I say right away, I mean two weeks at the most. Then I saw my upper lids were much darker than the rest of my face, so I decided to apply the same products to my upper lids.

Problem is, my face is on the dry side now and have some little wrinkles around my mouth and sides of my nose that did not have before Sad

I will contine using Obagi but I will add moisturizing on top, I achieved what I wanted in terms of tone and getting rid of the dark circles was a big plus, but if you think about it, it makes sense about the hydroquinone lightening the whole face and meaning the WHOLE face, dark circles included Smile it's too bad that the program does not mention it in its advertisement.

Retin-A won't work on its own.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
And this is an old picture, taken last year, around September. I have make-up base and concealer, but you can still see the dark shade.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
madr1id

Wed May 19, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
What causes your dark circles margarett, hyperpigmentation or visible veins?

Alexes, any results with capiderm, Zenia in the other thread says she saw the best results in the first 2 weeks with her spider veins?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
madr1id wrote:
What causes your dark circles margarett, hyperpigmentation or visible veins?

Alexes, any results with capiderm, Zenia in the other thread says she saw the best results in the first 2 weeks with her spider veins?

I think my skin is very thin but I also have hyperpigmentation.

I feel discourage today. I think it is due that I applied a different kind of concealer, or I have stopped using Obagi for a few days as intensely as I was that I feel and see my dark circles coming back... Anyway, I am going to see a dermatologist tomorrow. I did not want to continue using Obagi Exfoderm and Retin-A as often as I was but I can see that just for a few days and my problems come back Sad It is too drying to my face, but with the Emu oil it is not so bad at all. We'll see.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I have been using Capiderm, but only sparingly on my under-eye area. Not because it is no good, but because my stupid skin is so sensitive. The under eye area seemed to be getting red and irritated, so I backed off. The thread veins on my legs seem to be fading though, and so I keep trying with my eyes - but very slowly.
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Margaret,
are you going to the derm because of the eye circles?
I onder if the doctor has a cure.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
Hi
I have been using Capiderm, but only sparingly on my under-eye area. Not because it is no good, but because my stupid skin is so sensitive. The under eye area seemed to be getting red and irritated, so I backed off. The thread veins on my legs seem to be fading though, and so I keep trying with my eyes - but very slowly.

Hey Alexes,

Thanks so much for the update! I'm sorry it made your skin irritated! That's great it's helping on your leg veins! If you start slowly with the eye your skin may get more used to it. I really hope it works for you!! It gives me hope! Very Happy Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |