Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

NCN's Pure Silk Mineral Make Up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhh, so I finally found a loose powder MMU that provides good coverage and does not have a powdery / cakey look.

I have long been in search of a "better MMU". I have tried at least a dozen of them and Lumiere was the best I had found but it just wasn't good enough. It often appeared powdery and started to disappear half way through the day requiring touch ups. I decided to give NCN's Pure Silk MMU a try after reading a post on EDS that said it was terrific. I Emailed Nanci for some advice on the color. As always, she replied quickly and was very helpful. I placed my order.

WOW this is an awesome MMU! It managed to provide great build-able coverage. I have a few pink/red zones and this evened out my complexion beautifully. It was not heavy or cakey at all. It gave my skin a nice dewy glow and it has awesome staying power. You can go to the gym and work out with this MMU and it does not streak or sweat off, it remains very natural looking.

When I recieved my Pure Silk order, I honestly wasn't expecting all my MMU troubles to vanish but so far they have. I believe my quest for the perfect MMU may just be over!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fairlady,
I had looked at this mmu a while back so after reading your review, I went ahead and placed an order for it! I also ordered the concealer. Have you tried it and, if so, what did you think about it? Thanks for the review!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Great review. Too bad the colors are rather limited. Hopefully she will add more colors soon.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi kims - no I have not tried the concealer so please let me know how you like it. If it is as good as the foundation, I just may need to order that too Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:03 am      Reply with quote
fairlady,
are you still loving the makeaup? I am worried about the color since I have orderea a few different MMU online and the color I pick is never right.

Thanks Lou
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Loumomofthree:

Yes, I still really lke NCN's silk powder mineral make-up. Very nice coverage and no powdery look.

The color selection is limited and it is difficult to get a perfect color match. I found one that comes close enough but must admit the color match I had with Lumiere was better.

Overall - Great MMU but poor color selections.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |