Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Growing Thicker, Longer Eyelashes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jazzy12

Mon May 03, 2010 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried anything that made your lashes grow in thicker and longer?
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Get eyelash extensions - hahaha Smile

That's what I've done. It saves me having to put mascara on and it looks natural. I love them. Maybe not what you're after but just thought I'd put it out there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Since I use eye cream, I found my bottom eyelashes growth, and I suspect eye cream make eyelashes grow.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
there is a medication used to treat glaucoma that you have to be very careful with and you need it from a doctor that will make eyelashes grow. Can anybody tell me the name of the drug?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
It is called Lumigan, the same as Latisse, that is sold without prescription, but is very pricey. You can buy the generic version at alldaychemist.com for cheaper or get a doctor to prescribe Lumigan for you. The ingredient that enchances lashes is called Bimatoprost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
There are several threads on numerous lash growth serums you may want to read up on. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31135

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=37676

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=26723

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=20480

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=37394

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29267

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36481

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=33657

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=35463

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36189

Fri May 28, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
there is a medication used to treat glaucoma that you have to be very careful with and you need it from a doctor that will make eyelashes grow. Can anybody tell me the name of the drug?

"Careprost" is another generic version. From ADC:

Quote:
Careprost is generic Latisse and contains Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution. This medication is the only proven method of treating hypotrichosis (inadequately short eyelashes) by increasing the length, thickness, darkness, and quantity of eyelashes when applied on the lash line of the upper eyelid base. Bimatoprost Opthalmic Solution is also used to treat glaucoma by increasing the movement of fluid out of the eye, resulting in less pressure (however, the medication is dropped inside of the eye to treat glaucoma).
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Have been using RapidLash and have to admit that it truely does work. It is no gimick what-so-ever. I am truely in awe Shock that this is a product that actually works and works quickly!!!!

I put it on my eyelashes and eyebrows!

Fri May 28, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
There sure are lots of posts about this. Why so many? Use the search before you start another post. This stuff doesn't work.It's a raquet.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Fawnster wrote:
There sure are lots of posts about this. Why so many? Use the search before you start another post. This stuff doesn't work.It's a raquet.

There are many products some with prostaglandins and some not that many members have had success with hence all the threads. Some work for some and not others and some have great results but irritation it all depends on the product ingredients and the individual but they do work.

Sat May 29, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I shouldve said the ones that have the chemical in them that turns your eyes another color are the onlly ones that work but really who wants to mess with that? Not me. And the ones that don't have that arent any good they are just another cosmetic gimmik.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Fawnster wrote:
I shouldve said the ones that have the chemical in them that turns your eyes another color are the onlly ones that work but really who wants to mess with that? Not me. And the ones that don't have that arent any good they are just another cosmetic gimmik.

Actually I won't mess with any of the prostaglandins and have used Talika with good result and the NOTCH I have used for several months now and it works great for me and some others. No drugs in it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
i know lumigan is a medication for glaucoma, but what are the side effects from using lumigan on your lashes besides hair growth? My eyes are very healthy and i don't want any problems occuring from lumigan. Has anybody experienced any problems with this medication?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
(Vegans, please ignore this post)

If emu oil is supposed to help with hair growth, wouldn't it also help grow longer lashes?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
eyebright wrote:
(Vegans, please ignore this post)

If emu oil is supposed to help with hair growth, wouldn't it also help grow longer lashes?

I don't know that one.
I do know that emu has done an amazing job for my skin texture. I am going to try the emu oil for hair but I am looking for the benefits in texture also.
When emu has gotten close to my eyes I find it very heavy and it clouds my eyesight. How would you apply it?
eyebright
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

When emu has gotten close to my eyes I find it very heavy and it clouds my eyesight. How would you apply it?

margarett,

Have you noticed any difference in your lashes since you've been using the emu oil on your skin?

I tried this tonight. Using the ring finger, I put one small drop of emu oil on each eyelid. With eyes closed, rubbed it on the lashes concentrating on the base. I didn't put any on the lower lashes figuring the oil would move downward. Took about an hour to get the cloudiness you mention. It didn't last long, or at least I didn't find it as annoying as when I used to use coconut oil on my face. I think this would work for night time.

Maybe rubbing the emu oil on finger then fluttering the eyelashes on it would work also.

I'm going to try the emu oil and see what happens.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't tell, eyebright.

I started using something else to grow my eyelashes since around Jan/Feb and has given me very good and steady results. I added emu to my routine about 3 or 4 weeks now.

I do know emu easily migrates to other parts like to my hair and started to notice it more lustrous and less dry, while I did not change anything to my hair washing routine, that's when I thought it was the emu accidentally getting into my hair probably when I apply it to my face.

I have not see any change on hair on my face, like moustache or cheeks, thank goodness.
MR001
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Extra Vergin Olive Oil is worth trying.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil works for me Smile .
kiboovv
5% products discount

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
People ranked the top three product: Idol Lash, Lilash, RevitaLash. Idol Lash seems the cheapest one among them. But decided to try RevitaLash now.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Try clipping the very ends of your eyelashes. This has actually worked for my friend because her lashes are extremely long, though it does not help with the density.
kiboovv
5% products discount

Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I am going to try Revitalash. Just a bit afraid of side effect... Sad
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
If you switch from one brand to another, do you think you are pretty much back to square one or pick up where you left off? I've been using a product now for almost 6 weeks and like what it's doing but to pay about $60 every month is getting painful. Any thoughts or anyone who has done the same thing?
himanshudpfoc

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am new member here and I want to tell something regarding my eyelashes.
Actually I was having very less eyelashes. Initially I used to think that it is just a god gift the type of lashes we have, but one of my friend told me that with some doctors advice long and shady eyelashes are also possible. Thanks to a product called Ever Lashing. This product is really amazing with no side effects.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:26 am      Reply with quote
i am using RapidLash, it is my third RapidLash. there is an obvious result at the beginning; after using for 3 months may be that is the max. my lashes can grow (in term of density).

the price is reasonable
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |