Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Oily or Greasy Look!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
So a friend of mine sees me the other day and she is like your skin looks “greasy”!!! I haven’t heard a comment similar to this one before. I recently started using skin care “stuff” I am late 20s living in Jersey with I guess an “oily” skin?!

My routine:

AM

Wash: MD Forte Cleanser I
AOX: Juice Green Apple anti-oxidant
Moisturizer: La Roche Daily with SPF 15

PM
Exfol: IFP BHA 5%
Final step: AHA 12% Souffle or Retin-A prescription .1% (depending on what I feel like)

I recently had a reaction to a product (a shampoo I believe) and broke out like crazy on my forehead. I battled with BHA and Sulfur Mask treatments. The plague has been lifted but now I have some angry red marks still hanging around….hopefully they won’t stay forever!

I digress but what do you think I can change/add to not have that oily/shiny look to my face? Also, how to battle the angry red post-pimple marks?!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Guppy wrote:

I digress but what do you think I can change/add to not have that oily/shiny look to my face?

I am guessing it is your sunscreen or a combination of the Juice Beauty with your sunscreen.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
i would use a fine dusting of tinted rice powder and silica after your morning routine. this helps me a lot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Recently I have been using earthern glows hi defintion pro powder (which is basically silica powder) over my liquid foundation and my face doesnt look greasy anymore. Even my blush is staying on throughout the entire day!

I live in a hot humid country and I sweat alot. So this really works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Guppy wrote:
So a friend of mine sees me the other day and she is like your skin looks “greasy”!!! I haven’t heard a comment similar to this one before. I recently started using skin care “stuff” I am late 20s living in Jersey with I guess an “oily” skin?!

My routine:

AM

AOX: Juice Green Apple anti-oxidant
Moisturizer: La Roche Daily with SPF 15

PM
Exfol: IFP BHA 5%
Final step: AHA 12% Souffle or Retin-A prescription .1% (depending on what I feel like)

I digress but what do you think I can change/add to not have that oily/shiny look to my face? Also, how to battle the angry red post-pimple marks?!!

I think it's the La Roche sunscreen. Their sunscreens always make my skin look shiny.
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
As I suspected and now that you gals mentioned, it is most likely the LA Roche moisturizer +/- the juice antioxidant.

This is actually good news since both of those products are almost finished.

What do you guys recommend for a good non-greasy moisturizer WITH spf? I live in northeast USA and summer is right around the corner...

As far as the AOX, I am going to get vit c either from the skinceuticals or the cellbone line...sound like decent choices?

Any more suggestions? Thanks.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 08, 2010 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Kimberly Sayer's is a nice organic moisturizer with SPF 25.
Guppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hows Janson Beckett - Sun Block Daytime Moisturizer (SPF40)?
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i would use a fine dusting of tinted rice powder and silica after your morning routine. this helps me a lot.

I do recommend a light powder also. Silica blends seems to hide pores and blur lines.

I also suggest blotting papers. I would blot first and then add more powder if necessary mid day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I used blotting papers too before the oil finally went away in my late 30s. I developed adult acne/oily skin when I was your age and went on the pill which I am still on to control it. I never really did find anything that controlled the oil well really. Salycylic acid wash (orange Neutrogena Acne), Queen Helene mint mask and Milk of Magnesia mask were my stand bys. I also switched to the Perricone Diet, which is based on fish and low carbs, which didn't get rid of the oil but which made my skin look healthier. I didn't exercisde as much as I should have when I was your age; that may help.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
TI-SILC Sheer Sunblock SPF 45 is fantastic. It does not make your skin oily like a lot of other sunscreens plus it is a neutral beige color instead of that blazing white ghost-like color of most sunblocks. It is perfect to wear alone or under foundation.

As far as reducing the oiliness I agree with using a light dusting of silica powder or you could try applying some pearl paste before foundation. Pearl paste works great to reduce oils and keep away the shine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Try using an SPF, such as the Kimberly Slayer product recommended in a latter post, and brush your face with one of Jurliques Dusting Powders. They last for such a long time and work really well. My skin can get really oily looking sometimes and I found that the best product to counter that was to dust with either the Jurlique or the Dr. Hauschka powder. The Jurlique one is finer and I would say that I prefer it overall. In this way it lasts for a long period of time, and you don't need to worry about the shiny look.
In addition, oily skin only goes crazy when you do something to dry our the sebaceous glands. I think that all of the very strong products that you are using at night are making your skin dry and dehydrated. The result is that your skin is trying to re-hydrate, therefore producing a large quantity of oil!!!!! You may want to investigate using a facial oil designed for oily skin, such as Decleor (sp) or Aromatherapy Associates. Use the oil either at night, alternating between your peeling products, or in the daytime instead of a cream. This seems to work well, and you will notice a decrease in oil production...
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Do not worry, I think your skin is very shiny it, your friend is too exaggerated, and leather, including human skin, require oils to nourish
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |