Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Can I help you save $? Don't buy Neostrata with 2% HQ gel.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Neostrata skin lightening gel with 2% Hydroqinone for 3 weeks, and I did not see any sign of fading of the age spots. I returned it because it just felt like it was not being absorbed in the skin. The gel just stayed on top of my skin, and when I rubbed my face, I felt the gel flaking off with my fingers. So I can't recommend this gel to you.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I tried that a long time ago. Did nothing for me either.
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I was reading a skincare book by a dermatologist, and she said it usually takes ~6mos to see results with hydroquinone. It's because it doesn't "bleach" the spot, it inhibits NEW melanin formation. So eventually those old pigmented skin cells will be replaced by normal-coloured ones, which takes a while depending on how deep your spots are.

So I'd say try it for a bit longer before you give up on it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, 3 weeks is not enough time with HQ to see any results. 3 months is the standard time frame for results.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Yes, 3 weeks is not enough time with HQ to see any results. 3 months is the standard time frame for results.

But I saw result from Obagi Clear and Blender 4% almost in a week.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:32 am      Reply with quote
I did not have any problems with the product not absorbing.
I only usd it on two small spots and they seemed a bit lighter after1 week.

ButI do not bother much with the gel as I keep on hearing Hydroquinone is bad for you?

The Olay prox spot treatment really sucks,
So does the Clinique acne solutions one...did nothing at all for me

I have had very good luck with Mario Badescu whitening mask.faded some spotsin 1 use and in 2uses you could barely see the spots i had.

Their product is made w kojic acid, liquorice and other things..
smells verynicetoo!

the only thing I hate about the whitening mask is I have no idea of the percentages of ingredients in it.

I'm sure it is not high asthe mask does not even burn myskin at all...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

But I saw result from Obagi Clear and Blender 4% almost in a week.

Sometimes people can have a quick response, but that is very rare. It takes your skin cells time to turn over, so anything you would see in 1 week would definitely not be permanent.
vinco
5% products discount

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this product and only used it once. The smell is not pleasant and it made my skin sticky.
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad not a fan
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I think the AFIRM is better than Neostrata
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
thank you very much for your review, Others product might be good.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I've been away from the forum for awhile but I'm back now! I work in the skincare/cosmetics industry and I agree that the Neostrata 2% Hydroquinone does not work but the carry another product called Neostrata HQ Plus in a gel or a cream with SPF 20 and it has 4% Hydroquinone which is much more effective. If you are in Canada and are buying it in a drugstore like Shopppers than you have to get it behind the pharmacy (no prescription needed though). Due to drug laws that percentage can not be sold on the floor. Might be worth giving it a try!
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I think you'd best try to longer time .
Atiyya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
My Derm told me if 2% HQ does not work(does not do anything at all to your skin)the 4 wount and suggested Mandelic acid.
If you decide to try the 4% keep us posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
It worked well for me on a couple of freckles, but they returned when I stopped using it. It took about six weeks before I noticed the freckles had faded.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |