Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
acupuncture facelift revisited
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Most of you probably remember our discussions of a couple months ago on the accupuncture facelift. At the time, there was only about one person on the web showing before and after photos and they weren't that impressive.

This morning on the Today show, they did an interview with another acupuncturist and his client about it. A funny part of it was that they had inserted the acupuncture needles in her face and she was sitting there being interviewed with these needles hanging out of her face. Rolling Eyes

I did a search for the name of the guy that was on the Today show and didn't come up with anything on him, but did find this site that does gives quite an explanation. http://www.acufinder.com/Learning_Center/Skin/Acupuncture_Facelift.htm

In this morning's interview he said that a session costs about $90 and the woman on the show had 20 treatments. She was now on maintenance with a treatment every two months.

The article in the link also talks about specific herbal formulas that are supposed to help lift the face and smooth lines.

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Judy, I've been waiting for this info to pop up again. Did they mention on the Today show how effective this "facelift" is? Especially how long term? Also, in several posts you mention a Chi (sp??) exercise device-what is that?
BTW-have a wonderful cruise!
Maria
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:51 am      Reply with quote
$90.00 a session for accupuncture?!?! Shock I know my mom went to one who's a well-known practicing MD with the accup license oversea, costing only about $5-10 USD... He treats about all kinds of things and also has a volunteer clinic for treating genetic diseases such as Down's Syndrome....

Anyway, I went to one recently here in Calif for back pain and it only costs about $35 USD... Maybe it's a lot more competitive here that the practioners can't really charge that much for fear of loosing customers... Rolling Eyes

Just out of curiosity, besides the facelift treatment, has anyone tried out the treatment for slimming/weight loss?!?!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I could have heard him wrong, but I'm almost positive this particular acupuncturist said $90 because at the time, mentally multiplied 20 treatments times $90 and came up with almost $2,000

You could be right that in the U.S. because there are fewer acupuncturists here that they charge more and this particular one that I saw on Today show may have been practicing in a very affluent area.

Incidentally, I talked to a local acupuncturist here, about the facelift and about my allergies. She said that the pressure points that she uses for the facelift could also benefit my allergies because some of them are the same!!! Getting a facelift and relief from my allergies all in one will be heavenly! Very Happy

I didn't even ask her the cost because I won't be able to think about it until after the holidays because of my busy schedule, but even if it's close to what was quoted on TV, I'll just say that's what I want for Christmas! My husband has been on me for a year to do something about the allergies, so he'll just have to put up with the cost. At least that's my logic. Laughing

Now that you mention it, you can bet that I'll be asking her about the weight loss as well. Woohoo! I'm going to be a new woman! Shock

JUDY

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Judy,

I happened to come across your email. I am an acupuncturist and focus my practice in cosmetic acupuncture in southern california.

maybe i can be of some help to your query on this procedure.

different states charge different fees. i have gotten amazing results for my patients with this technique. how it works is that the stimulation of the tiny needles that are placed in the face (about 60) cause blood and lymph to flow to the face. there is a 10 treatment protocal and the results last between three to five years.

while i treat the face, i also treat the body by placing usually 10-12 needles in the body as well. the goal here is to balance the body first and then focus on the face.

those who have had the procedure done look radiant...there faces have a glow and the skin is more supple.

with the procedure i also give a skin care regime and tell my patients to drink half there body weight in ounces of water.

diet and exercise also play a large role in keeping the skin looking healthy.

i hope that answers a few questions and feel free to email about any other questions you may have.

Best,

Romy Schwartz www.romyschwartz.com (temporary website page)
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the excellent and helpful info Romy! I have just returned from my cruise and calling the accupuncturist is tops on my list.

Don't know if I mentioned this before but she told me that some of the same areas for allergies work also in lifting the face. I was thrilled to hear that since I have some significent allergy problems and I'd love to get twice the benefit for my money. Very Happy

Will keep all of you posted on my results. Wink

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Romy,
I have an appointment next week with an acupuncuturist in VA-thanks for all of your help & your direct email-I will post about my consult.
Thanks,
Maria
Rudy

Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I, too, have been wondering about acupuncture face lifts or, as they call it, "Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation". Somebody just gave me an article from "QI Journal," and it's called "Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation", and it's got a lot of info in it. It's written by a guy who does the process. It answered a lot of my questions and it sounds pretty legitimate. I'll let you know how it works for me...
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Finally have the time to begin this process.
I will visit the acupuncturist 4 times over a period of 2 weeks-we will then assess how my skin is looking. The clinician also tells me I will have "homework" to do in between sessions.
The cost is $50/session-since I am unsure how many I will need-it is difficult to say what the ultimate cost will be.
Of course, I will dutifully report back here on the boards!
Rudy, I would love to read your link, if you have one!
Thanks,
Maria
Sliv41

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to this message board and was reading the posts on accupuncture facelifts. I had this done about 2 years ago at the cost of around $2,000. usd. I hate to put a damper on anyones enthusiasm, but I was very dissapointed in the results. Maybe it was just my experience and hopefully your results will be different, but I did all of the before and after pics, and whatever slight results I may have had certainly didn't last more than a few months. Also the needle incertion and removal was painful in areas of the face that are sensitive, like above lip (ouch!) It's also good to have an instant ice pack for after treatment in case you have any instant bruising, which I did! Just thought I would let everyone hear my experience since I also had such high hopes.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |