Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Why do people still drink diet soda?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me but not only is diet soda vile and unhealthy but studies have shown that it makes you gain weight, causes you to crave junk food, and is neuro-toxic.

So why are people still drinking it??????

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I've always hated the bitter aftertaste of diet sodas!
What I'd like to know is....why are they still allowed to sell it??!!
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think HFCS in regular sodas is just as evil if not more so.

If I ever drink soda, I indulge in one with good old sugar, like Mexican coca cola or one of the Hanson's sodas.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
It tastes good and it's not as bad for you as regular soda.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a 20+ year * spam alert * to Diet Coke....I love the taste, and find non-diet sodas to be far too sweet for me. I also don't like coffee, but need the caffeine to keep me going because I work so many hours.

And even though it is the very last vice I have, I finally gave it up this week (and hopefully I can stick with it this time, sigh). I just can't seem to conquer my health issues, and I am really beginning to think that aspartame may be the source of my problems.

As far as why people still drink it...because quitting isn't tops on the priority list at that point in time, or they are not well enough informed, or they don't really understand the details. Why do people still smoke?

Regardless, each person has the right to make their own decision on what they do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ok... so I think it was Bethany that posted this a few days ago on another thread...

YES, I watched all 10 segments...

skip to # 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyXSFe8OCwM

I know how much "into science" everyone is... and assuming that the FDA, and CDC will protect us... I'd like to believe that too... but what you will hear here is ASTOUNDING!!!!

I'd say, watch all 10. Make your choice. You may even feel this is just simply propaganda...to benefit whom? I'd have no idea...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Ok... so I think it was Bethany that posted this a few days ago on another thread...

skip to # 6

I know how much "into science" everyone is... and assuming that the FDA, and CDC will protect us... I'd like to believe that too... but what you will hear here is ASTOUNDING!!!!

I'd say, watch all 10. Make your choice. You may even feel this is just simply propaganda...to benefit whom? I'd have no idea...

Actually, it was Y_Not that mentioned it...I watched part of the first one, freaked out, and haven't drank a Diet Coke since! (2 days down...many more to go!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

skip to # 6

Actually, it was Y_Not that originally mentioned it...I watched part of the first one, freaked out, and haven't drank a Diet Coke since! (2 days down...many more to go!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhhh, yes... I'm remembering the "freak out"... Thanks Y_Not!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
Maybe it's just me but not only is diet soda vile and unhealthy but studies have shown that it makes you gain weight, causes you to crave junk food, and is neuro-toxic.

So why are people still drinking it??????

I drink a diet coke or some other diet soda once in a blue moon...esp. with pizza! Somehow eating pizza without diet coke does not seem the same.

I guess I just like the taste, the bubbles... I don't know. The weird thing is that when I was a child I HATED carbonated drinks (well I also hated ice cream and now... I have to stay away from it!)

I used to buy those big cans of diet Coke packages at Costco but I had to stop because my husband started drinking a can of Diet Coke per day :-& The day I woke up and saw him having Diet Coke for breakfast I realized that the Diet Coke had to go!

I'm very glad that I naturally prefer water to any other drink but I have a couple of friends who cannot drink liquid if it does not have some sort of sugary taste.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ClaudiaFE wrote:

skip to # 6

Actually, it was Y_Not that mentioned it...I watched part of the first one, freaked out, and haven't drank a Diet Coke since! (2 days down...many more to go!)

Beth - Good Luck with quitting the Diet Coke... I hope it works for you.
I haven't watched the you tube yet but I will.
Diet drinks are as bad or worse than regular sodas and even without sugar they contribute to the decay of teeth due to the tremendously high acidic component - more acid than most sugar/high fructose sodas.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations Beth, me too, I hope you can make the switch to something healthy and it goes smoothly for you.

Every time I see someone mention diet soda I always think, "why are you drinking that don't you know how evil it is?" But I never do that's why I asked here.

There's caffeine in green tea and wellness people can't say enough good things about green tea, it's antioxidants are so beneficial.

I'm a major anti-chemical crusader, and the FDA isn't protecting the public at all in this area. Our bodies aren't garbage disposals that automatically excrete toxins that we eat, drink, breathe and rub on our bodies.

Toxins like aspartame are stored in fat--we just create more storage bins (fat cells) if there isn't enough storage available-- and aspartame damages the brain. We need healthy brains to have healthy body chemistry including the hormones and neurotransmitters that so affect how we feel and how we function.

Another reason to stay away from eating chemicals is that 80% of your immune system is in your GI tract, so many health problems start there. Also carbonation is extremely acid producing. The wellness community will tell you to eat an alkalizing diet, or try to eat more alkalizing for health and healing.

I get Russell Blaylock's newsletter (neurosurgeon who saw the light about wellness and healing) and he's the guru of research and exposing health hazards like aspartame. He has written about how worried he's been having to admit his patients to hospitals thinking, "what will they eat?" because he's all about real whole food and supplements. He's also against fluoride and drugs like statins.

Thanks for letting me have my little rant!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Beth - Good Luck with quitting the Diet Coke... I hope it works for you.
I haven't watched the you tube yet but I will.
Diet drinks are as bad or worse than regular sodas and even without sugar they contribute to the decay of teeth due to the tremendously high acidic component - more acid than most sugar/high fructose sodas.

Thanks...Day 3 Down! Very Happy

BTW, we are very lucky that we have you here to advise us from a teeth standpoint. I already bought a toothbrush you recommended!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
secretly wrote:
Congratulations Beth, me too, I hope you can make the switch to something healthy and it goes smoothly for you.
Toxins like aspartame are stored in fat--we just create more storage bins (fat cells) if there isn't enough storage available-- and aspartame damages the brain. We need healthy brains to have healthy body chemistry including the hormones and neurotransmitters that so affect how we feel and how we function.

If the truth be known, the fat is THE major reason for me quitting aspartame...I am currently a poster child for metabolic syndrome, and I know it's the Diet Coke. And all my other health issues may disappear/lessen with this change too. But sometimes all the moons just need to be in alignment in order to find the mental and physical strength to quit.

Fortunately, for whatever reason, I was able to get motivated and make it happen this week...now I just need to stick with it. But unlike Josee, I can NOT have ANY with pizza...it just makes me crave it more, and then I start sneaking it back in increasingly larger quantities. Embarassed

5% products discount

Sat May 15, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
The substitute that I use for soda is: Seltzer water, a slice of ginger, or a splash of concentrated fruit juice, with a tablespoon of agave syrup or honey. This gives me the bubbles that I am addicted to and a sweet that my body can tollerate. Many seltzer waters are absent of sodium, but club soda is packed with it.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
secretly wrote:

If the truth be known, the fat is THE major reason for me quitting aspartame...I am currently a poster child for metabolic syndrome, and I know it's the Diet Coke. And all my other health issues may disappear/lessen with this change too. But sometimes all the moons just need to be in alignment in order to find the mental and physical strength to quit.

Fortunately, for whatever reason, I was able to get motivated and make it happen this week...now I just need to stick with it. But unlike Josee, I can NOT have ANY with pizza...it just makes me crave it more, and then I start sneaking it back in increasingly larger quantities. Embarassed

Beth I am so happy for what you are doing for your health. I predict bigger changes than you can imagine just by initiating the Quit Coke campaign in your life.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Way to go Bethany, the closer you get to a real whole food diet the easier it is to lose weight and get healthy. Just quitting the diet soda is going to help sooooooo much!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
If you are in Canada and are looking for sugar free, non sugar flavors for your drinks I just bought some Cola syrup, and an orange and and sent the Mint one to my mother.

The company only ships in Canada,

Try Antesite syrup.
It is made fro licorice root and herbs.
I have themint one here, but have not tried it yet.
The orange one has a more "orange peel" taste.

The ingredients on my bottle are:
Water,liquirice (3g glyhyrizine per bottle),genitan extract,natural flavor.

he surup is a brown color and comes in a glass bottle. There is 1 calorie per serving.

I lost the bottle with Cola flavor so can not post that info. It isnot a exact cola taste- esp not in club soda.
If you experiment and try some recipies somehow you could make something good.
I am going to order another bottle withmy nextorder.

The website I posted has no info on the foods they sell, they mare mainly a food distributor so they assume people already know what they are buying.

http://chocodirect.com/site_en/shop.php?act=99&marque=76

Shipping is $5 for any order flat rate and you can pay through Paypal or else byphone they call you and you pay by credit card.
I have never had any problems with orders and have placed at least 20 orders so far!
-a lot was for gifts though(but the sale section has some very good cookies right now...)

--------------
If the link is not working click on Shop by brand on the side then on Antesite.
SandraD4880
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Coca Cola releases a regular sugar version around Jewish Holidays...I forget which ones though. The difference is the 2 liter bottles have a yellow cap.

Most people drink diet pop (originally from Chicagoland, I live in NYC now but will always say pop!) because they prefer the taste - less sweet they say.

I only drink it if I get a craving, probably 10 times a year. Never diet though, a craving is a craving and why bother skimping on the sugar?! I prefer ginger ale/sprite/root beer over any cola though.

My boyfriend drinks Coke Zero. I tell him time and again how bad it is. He doesn't buy it...he uses Splenda in his coffee too. I use stevia.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
It tastes good and it's not as bad for you as regular soda.

Because of the excitotoxins in diet soda it is much worse for you.
http://www.joyfulaging.com/Excitotoxins.htm

My stepfather has had a Diet Coke a day since the 80s and now has the beginning stages of Alzheimer's. Shock
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Nine days down with no Diet Coke! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 12:52 am      Reply with quote
Blue Sky soda is made with sugar and available at grocery stores.

Knutsens soda is made with fruit juices only.

I also like a peice of frozen fruit in club soda or water!

Green tea does have caffeine too. Just less than the black tea as the leaves are processed diferently.

White tea has caffeine,but I do not know much about thatyet...
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps this is WHY people drink these... Although I don't think the tradeoff is OK...

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/worst-water?slideshow=184612#title

Thu May 27, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't drink coffee or tea so I get my cafeine from diet coke. I drink it all day. No wonder why I am so fat!!!!!! I just don't think I can quit drinking it. I get terrible headaches when I try to stop.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Fawnster wrote:
I don't drink coffee or tea so I get my cafeine from diet coke. I drink it all day. No wonder why I am so fat!!!!!! I just don't think I can quit drinking it. I get terrible headaches when I try to stop.

That's caffeine withdrawal that causes the headaches and it's very real, I never used "diet" sweeteners ever in my life hate the taste, but quit all caffeine 4 times for pregnancies and had to go cold turkey and headaches stink! You can find caffeine substitutes in Tea or even caffeine pills temporarily and wean down slowly! Smile It can be done. Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |