Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash extensions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried these? I have been curious for a long time. I have used Latisse for a while now. I like the results, but I want something even more dramatic. I don't like the look of false eyelashes and am not comfortable wearing them (mostly for the fear that they will fall off). I want something more natural looking, but intense at the same time (if that makes any sense).

I would like to hear your experiences. Do you think it's worth it and would you do it again? How much did you pay? Thanks in advance!
Lucy38
5% products discount

Mon May 17, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I don't like wearing false lashes that come in strips either. I am always paranoid that they will fall off when I am out!

For the past few years I have been using ardell individual lashes flare natural. They take a bit of practice to get right, but when you do, they look amazing and stay on for about a week. If you want them to stay on longer then you need to purchase a better glue than the one they come with. You can get these off ebay for professional salon use. When you get these done at the salon they usually last about 2 weeks but cost a bomb!!

Sometime I like a break from wearing lashes and like to use a heated eyelash curler and then l'oreal false lash effect mascara. This also looks great - and I have natually short lashes!

I have also just brought a bottle of latisse to use, it arrived this morning yay! Have it worked for you? How much lengh would you say you have gained?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
i started getting individual eyelash extensions in toronto when it first came out. actually before it "first" came out-there were only 3 persons that did them in toronto in 2004. i had them for 2 years. it should last for 3 weeks or so...but it only lasted me for 1 week or less. i'm a chronic eye rubber during bed time. i would have to get them touched up at least every week, and twice a week on important weeks. each touch up with tip was $100. sometimes i would spend 200 per week on eyelashes. the money but also the fear of waking up with bald spots, stressed me out too much.

i stopped and started applying my own flare false eyelashes... quo flared using the adrell glue. the ardell glue should lash 3 weeks...but i liked to do my own touch ups every week keeping them in perfect and full condition. DIY was hightly effect and looked beautiful, without the stress of making appointments, driving around from appointment to appointment, fighting traffic, and depending on someone else. diy was much cheaper, looked beautiful, had full control over how i wanted my eyelashes to look, only took a few minutes, and no one could tell the difference... everyone thought i had huge luscious eyelashes.

drawbacks...natural lashes become damaged and short; can wake up with eyelashes missing which is not romantic for sleep overs; have to apply on a continual basis; scared to think of what will happen when swimming/hot tub.

i'm on eyelash growth serums now... and i much prefer growing my own natural lashes. its much more cost effective, takes less time and fiddling, more natural looking when closely scrutinized, more versatile, and don't have to worry about 'embarrassing' situations. with lash grow serums my lashes are as long as the fake flare quo 211-which is pretty outrageous for my proportions.

i don't ever think i'll go back to falsies or extensions. i applied fake flares a couple of months ago to go to a formal and i regret it now. with this incident and the lipocils, i lost all my long lashes. now i'm back with long lashes and they're still getting longer.

i'm using the sephora clear mascara for natural days, and the blinc reg and volume tube mascara for more dramatic days. the blinc mascara and the heated eyelash curler ROCKS! awesome stuff!

hope this helps you with your research. Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Lucy38
5% products discount

Mon May 17, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
llina, can I ask what eyelash growth product you are using?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 17, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Anxious k, don't freak out on me, k?
i'm using careprost, revitalash, jan marini, fusionlash and rapidlash. for lash shedding i'm using ecrinal lash mascara and the ampoules.
oooo, i feel like a freak now. Embarassed

*giggling nervously*

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
nicerkitten
5% products discount

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Ilina,

which eyelash growth serum is best in your opinion? I've used 'enormous lash', very expensive and saw no results.

I also have extensions from time to time, absolutely love them, but very high maintenance, perfect for a holiday or event though.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
hi kitten,

out of all of them, i would say it is the careprost that gives the longest lashes. pretty much guaranteed. its cheap... i think for canadian its $12-15 per bottle. there is a large shipping fee, so i buy many bottles per order. if you see the lumigan thread, and i believe there are several, but i think the huge monster thread is in the DIY section of this forum. the thread will point out the careprost/lumigan side effects, directions of use, modified schedule of use after 3 months, etc.

HTH good luck!

nicerkitten
5% products discount

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Ilina. Just found someone who sells careprost in London and just bought one. How long before you see results? Do you use it every night?
What's your opinion of the risks darkening your eyecolour? I have green eyes and would definitely not want them change colour.

x
Lucy38
5% products discount

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nicerkitten, who did you find that sell's it in London?

Thanks!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
nicerkitten wrote:
Thank you Ilina. Just found someone who sells careprost in London and just bought one. How long before you see results? Do you use it every night?
What's your opinion of the risks darkening your eyecolour? I have green eyes and would definitely not want them change colour.

x

hey kitten,
below is the lumigan thread... its worth reading. i read it 3 times or more.

its been 5 months or longer and i'm still using it every night...but don't go by my standard... i'm weird! Laughing i think other members have had to go daily for 3 months then cut back to 2-3 times per week. after the 3 month mark (if you read the thread) many have experienced mass shedding. cutting back should eliminate mass shedding... BUT you really should read the thread... it has alot of info in it and other side effects that members have experienced.

as for risk of eye colour change... i don't think i've read anyone's eye colour changing. however there are other bad side effects... so please read and take care.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31135

wishing you massive lashes!
lina

nicerkitten
5% products discount

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Ilina, thanks for the link, I did read some of that thread, but found it a bit overwhelming. 45 pages of discussion on eyelashes!!!!!

As I said I ordered my very first lumigan bottle yesterday, so looking forward to trying it out.

For you expert lumigan users out there, I was wondering whether it would make sense to use this product in the mornings as opposed to evenings to reduce the amount that gets into your eyes. Surely when you're horizontal for 8-9 hours the liquid has more chance to creep into your eyes than when you're in an upright position during the day. Any opinions on that????

Lucy38, I googled 'lumigan uk' and had a few places came up selling it in the uk. One of them was a Facebook page advertising it, when you go into it, it gives you an e-mail address to write to if you want to order any, which is what I did. Whether it is authentic I have no clue or any way of checking. I would've preferred to order from a foreign pharmacy, but I thought it would take too long and I would love to have some results for my holiday in 5 weeks time. I also came across two sellers on ebay uk.
buramiko
5% products discount

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing lash extensions for over 2 years (I do stop for 1-2 months from time to time though) and do expect that your own lashes will fall off because of the added weight. Good thing is, you can get as dramatic as you want and they are there everyday you wake up! Mine usually last for 3-4 weeks and their lifetime depends on the glue they use, how strong your lashes are, and how careful you maintain them (definitely no rubbing your eyes and always use non-oil based eye makeup remover). My friend who has really flimsy lashes her extensions, did by my beautician using the same materials, all fell off within 3 days.

To cope with the falling lashes, I also use Careprost to help with the growth,but it will darken your lid.
nicerkitten
5% products discount

Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Lucy38, in my previous post, I meant careprost not lumigan. I am getting mixed up with all these products. So I googled it 'careprost uk' and a facebook page came up advertising it, once you go into it there is an e-mail address to write to if you want to order.
ballerinna
5% products discount

Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
My hairstylist has the most beautiful eye lashes, they are long and thick. I was convinced they were natural, however, turned out they were extensions. She loves them and they do look beautiful, however they are quite pricy.... $300+ to get them and then $100 every month to maintain.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:58 am      Reply with quote
I have had eyelash extensions for about a year now (on and off). I do love them because they look awesome and they really open up the eye.

The lady I go to has been doing them for 13 years. She charges $100 for a full set and $50 for fill-ins every month.

I am just concerned about the longer term effects on the actual eyelash. The lady I go to uses a less chemically eyelash glue which means they don't last as long. However the last time I went to see her was 6 weeks ago and I have half of the extensions left.

The lashes can be itchy when they fall out but you just pluck them out when they go side ways. It's also a good idea to 'comb' them with something like a toothpick to keep them flared out.

It's great when you don't have to use mascara. You just get up, line the eye and off you go.

I love the look, they truly are amazing!

5% products discount

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
love the effect of lash extension. But it always ruin my lashes after the fake part come off together with my own lashes. Need to use lashes growth product now.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |