Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone try Babor Mild Peeling!?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Can Babor Mild Peeling be used daily?

Has anyone with dry, yet acne prone skin tried it?

I'm in the need of a good exfoliator! I've tried a few brands (darphin, mac, estee lauder) and none seem to work as well as St. Ives (I hate to admit it).

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? NO products with salicylic acids please
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I've only tried the Babor mild peeling a few times, but it is very good. But I don't think it should be used daily. Maybe you should try the extra mild peeling? This does not have kernels and is much gentler.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at the extra mild too. I just seem to be flakey lately and I exfoliate twice a week as it is. Confused
Mabsy

Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne - are you after a particular type of exfoliator, or anything will do?

Here's a few that I have that might be suitable:

*PTR Botanical Buffing Beads (very gentle, feels like massage)
*Phytomer Gommage Marin (also gentle but has some scrubby bits - you can control exactly how gentle by whether you put it on wet/dry face and how long you leave it on)
*Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream (papaya and pineapple enzymes)

AFAIK there's no salicylic in those, but please double check.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy,

I'm just looking for something that's going to do the job and not be too harsh!

I have a sample of the PTR one coming with my jane iredale order...I hadn't looked at the other two you suggested, I'll do that soon!

oohhh..they both look so good too...I think one day I'll have to get my butt to the spa in person so I can try out all these different products.
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I really like CSRx Polishing Grains. I ordered one of their holiday specials and this product was included.

It is safe to use daily, you combine it with equal part of your favorite cleanser. Under ingredients it states, finely ground Adzuki Bean Powder.

I have particularly sensitive skin but I find this very gentle yet definitely doing the job it is designed to do.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
wow, those grains look interesting...How long does the container usually last?
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have only been using the product for about two weeks, but at this rate, I shouldn't have to reorder for months.

I pulled it out of my medicine cabinet to quote the volume to you and it doesn't state anywhere how much product is in there. I would say it is roughly 4 to 4.5 oz

It is the same height as my old Johnson's baby powder bottle but a little wider. That jar is 4oz

A little really seems to be going a long way. ALSO, I can't say enough about the vit C, eye treatment and relax a line products I ordered from the company. I feel it is a great series of products and first rate service from the organization both times I have called.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:30 am      Reply with quote
is there anywhere else that sells this stuff? or just that one official store that google gave me??
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:57 am      Reply with quote
http://www.cellularskinrx.com/

I ordered from here. I am not sure if there are other distributors.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Is this the same Relax a line that I hear so much chatter about on the skin care forum?

I'm going to look and see if anyone sells it in canada here...prolly not, but worth looking
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, same product. That was the product that helped me decide to try this company.

Whooppee, last night a friend asked what I have been up to. My crow's feet have all but disappeared. That was exciting! Not entirely accurate, but I am hopeful if the results are noticeable after 1/8 of a bottle.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
you know...there's a lot of asian supermarkets in my area. I wonder if I can get those beans and grind them up in the coffee grinder....hmm

I'm so cheap with it being christmas
deacon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
"finely" is the operative in "finely ground adzuki beans". They're not abrasive at all, but if your coffee grinder can make it happen, let me know. It is an intersting idea!

Good luck.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just so broke right now that I may try it...coffee grinder and then one of those marble herb grinder thingys....or get my friend to take it to starbucks and grind it on extra fine...hehehe.... Laughing
Mabsy

Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:33 am      Reply with quote
I bought the CSRx Polishing Grains as well and love them! I think it's a great idea - you can make any cleanser a gentle exfoliant. I don't know about mixing it with moisturiser though (that's the other suggestion on the packaging).

There are a few companies that do sell ground adzuki beans. Body Shop used to, but I'm not sure if they still do. They are *very* finely milled though so I'm not sure if you'd be able to replicate that in a coffee grinder. You might perhaps be able to buy ground ones in the asian supermarkets.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I never saw any at the body shop last time i was there. BUT I did noticed they brought back the blue corn scrub which used to be an absolute favorite of mine. Hopefully my bf remembers to get it for me for christmas...nope, don't see the beans on the BS website. Sad They always discontinue the good stuff (like their nail it line)
Mabsy

Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:35 am      Reply with quote
Lianne - I haven't seen them recently either but they tend to stock different products in different countries. By the way, just checked the size of the CSRx - it's 4oz.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I remember that product from The Body Shop. Wow that brings back memories! It was called (I think) Japanese Washing Grains and I loved it.

Maybe I'll just have to put in an order for the one by Cellularskin.

-Cheri
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to check the local asian markets and if I can't find it already ground I'll order from cellularskin.com

It'll probably take me 2 years to go through all the markets here considering nobody will speak english...I'll have to find a chinese friend to come with me...I'll promise them bubble tea if they find it! haha
LilyChoi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't think peeling can be used daily. Once a week is enough, right? If you use it daily, I believe your skin condition will get worse and your skin will get thinner!

Don't risk yourself to do it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
You can buy it already ground finely here......$6.50 for 4oz. is the smallest quantity.

http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/froogle.asp?partner=FROOGLE&product_id=HERBADZUKI

Adzuki bean powder, also referred to as Aduki or Azuki Bean Powder, has been used in Japanese skin care regimens for centuries. The bean is finely milled into a soft powder. It gently exfoliates the skin without damaging the surface of the skin. It can be easily incorporated into clays and powdered rice bran or oatmeal. It can be included within facial blend, body wraps and washgrain formulations. It also can be used to color soap to a dusty pink.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yes ofcourse. It's quite great.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |