Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate/ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Does tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate/ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate oxidize as quickly as LAA? For those of you who make a c oil serum do you put vitamin e in it or another form of preservative?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
oranges wrote:
Does tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate/ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate oxidize as quickly as LAA? For those of you who make a c oil serum do you put vitamin e in it or another form of preservative?

Not at all, I have a recipe I use with Jojoba and Hazelnut oil and it has never oxidized on me and I have mixed up 2-3 oz batches at a time.

I still use a LAA serum separately but like having both. Smile

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, that's what I've been doing. LAA in the am and I mixed some of the Tetra with my night oils.
nimmi

Sun May 23, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
oranges wrote:

Not at all, I have a recipe I use with Jojoba and Hazelnut oil and it has never oxidized on me and I have mixed up 2-3 oz batches at a time.

I still use a LAA serum separately but like having both. Smile

HTH

Hello Darkmoon, I am new to this forum and would like to know how do you make your tetra serum? Do you mind sharing your recipe? Thank you.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, 
Here is the recipe I use, you can feel free to alter the oils to your suiting. Just keep the total proportions the same, oils to THDA.

HTH

The following will yield just about 2 ounces of serum.  

3+3/4 Tsp Hazelnut Oil  
3+3/4 Tsp Jojoba Oil  
3+3/4 Tsp Olive Oil  
3/4 Tsp  Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate 
1/8 Tsp Vitamin E Oil  

Mix all oils together add the vitamin E mix then add the TA (vit. c)  pour into a dark glass bottle.

BTW here is the link to all the recipes posted by all members, plus a listing of DIY suppliers near the bottom. Smile 

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I also make a THDA oil serum but with different oils. I only make 1/2 oz at a time because I was not sure how I would know if its oxidized since its already yellow due to the oils. I know its more stable then LAA but what do you think? I guess if it just turns darker over time?
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Hi, 
Here is the recipe I use, you can feel free to alter the oils to your suiting. Just keep the total proportions the same, oils to THDA.

HTH

3+3/4 Tsp Hazelnut Oil  
3+3/4 Tsp Jojoba Oil  
3+3/4 Tsp Olive Oil  
1/8 Tsp Vitamin E Oil  

Mix all oils together add the vitamin E mix then add the TA (vit. c)  pour into a dark glass bottle.

BTW here is the link to all the recipes posted by all members, plus a listing of DIY suppliers near the bottom. Smile 

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

Darkmoon, did you ever try to add Tetra A to the oil phase of the DIY c serum?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

I also make a THDA oil serum but with different oils. I only make 1/2 oz at a time because I was not sure how I would know if its oxidized since its already yellow due to the oils. I know its more stable then LAA but what do you think? I guess if it just turns darker over time?

I have made the 2 oz. a number of times now and it lasts for months with no sign of oxidation at all (made it for friends as well as myself) It's never changed colors on me or gotten an off odor, the only thing I would have any concern about is choosing oils that don't tend to go rancid quickly as I believe that is a more likely possible issue. Smile

oranges,

I am not sure which recipe you are referring to, but I make a simple LAA serum and there isn't really much oil in it, just Vitamin E. I already had my LAA made when I decided to add a THDA serum into my skin care so I have just stuck with making both and layering. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 23, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have been making Kassy's jojoba c,e ferulic and I tried adding 5 drops to the oil part of the recipe. I didn't do it this last time. I didn't notice any difference. What is your c recipe?
nimmi

Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Hi, 

HTH

3+3/4 Tsp Hazelnut Oil  
3+3/4 Tsp Jojoba Oil  
3+3/4 Tsp Olive Oil  
1/8 Tsp Vitamin E Oil  

Thank you darkmoon. I'll try it as soon as get all the ingredients.If you ever decide about selling your tetra serum, please let me know.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |