Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Copper, Copper Peptides, and Estrogen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
{Edited by Mabsy: This thread was split from discussion on Copper Peptides and Breasts}

If you want to use a copper peptide containing cream, just make sure that you are comfortable with using creams with potential estrogenic effects.

BDN contains lavender oil which has both estrogenic and antiandrogenic effects.

Copper has also shown an estrogenic effect.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
If you want to use a copper peptide containing cream, just make sure that you are comfortable with using creams with potential estrogenic effects.

Copper PEPTIDES do NOT have an estrogenic effect. That is very misleading information to post

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Josee wrote:

Copper PEPTIDES do NOT have an estrogenic effect. That is very misleading information to post

Actually, it is NOT known whether copper peptides have an estrogenic effect or not.

What it IS known is that copper peptides disintegrate very quickly in plasma (please see the articles cited in the "Science..." thread) separating the copper.

Secondly many copper peptide creams have added copper chloride which would readily provide copper.

And then it IS known that copper has estrogenic effects.

So... it is more than sensible to think that putting a copper containing cream on your breast will provide free copper to the tissues which in turn can cause estrogenic stimulation.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
It is not necessarily "sensible" to think using copper is going to cause estrogenic stimulation. This is your speculation.

You have stated that you have never used CP's, and still devoted an entire thread to your own ideas against them. And now you come over here to do the same thing. It's very odd.

And you use Hydroquinone and accutane - known problem ingredients. It doesn't make sense.

Personally if I was using a known possible carcinogen I'd be less likely to cast aspersion on other products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It is not necessarily "sensible" to think using copper is going to cause estrogenic stimulation. This is your speculation.

No this is not speculation. Studies HAVE shown that copper has estrogenic activities:

Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2010 Jun;152(1):51-6.

Toxicol In Vitro. 2009 Jun;23(4):569-73.

sister sweets wrote:

And you use Hydroquinone and accutane - known problem ingredients. It doesn't make sense.

There is not one single case of an adverse reaction with low dose accutane and there is not one single case reported of cancer associated with hydroquinone, even though it's been in use for over 50 years.

It makes perfect sense to me but it surely does not need to make sense to you or to anyone else.

sister sweets wrote:

Personally if I was using a known possible carcinogen I'd be less likely to cast aspersion on other products.

Well... since copper is also a potential carcinogen and copper peptides actually have made some tumor cells grow faster... I take it you think CP users shouldn't be criticizing much. Me, I think anyone can criticize whatever they want.

alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Josee
Sister Sweets did not say the hydroquinone caused cancer, but that it contains a possible carcinogen. A notable difference.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been using BHRT for more years than I've been using CPs. I get a blood test every year. There was no change in my estrogen levels when I started using and continued using CPs.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |