Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Love/Hate Linen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I just spent 15 minutes ironing a linen pants and top set. I know that as soon as I get in the car I'll be wrinkled knees to neck. aaargh

The lady at the boutique that sells me these headaches says to take them out of the dryer while still damp and just hang them up to finish drying - no ironing.. Right....if the look you're going for is classic bag lady. Very Happy Someone else might be able to carry this off but not me!

Sooo, what do you do??
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
So 45 views and no replies... From this info I can only conclude one of the following:

1. I'm the only fool still buying pure linen clothing or

2. You're walking around all wrinkly and resent my bag lady comment

Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
So 45 views and no replies... From this info I can only conclude one of the following:

1. I'm the only fool still buying pure linen clothing or

2. You're walking around all wrinkly and resent my bag lady comment

Very Happy

LMAO I have a few linen outfits and no matter what I do just sitting and wearing a seat-belt wrinkles the hell out of them! You aren't a fool I just haven't found an answer, even did the spray starch before pressing-yeah that did wonders! Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have a pure linen white shirt that was beautiful but was a nightmare for wrinkles, I gave it to the thrift store Very Happy

Lately I've been buying linen blends, last year got some cute linen capris at the Gap and Old Navy, and they are washable, dryable, and still have the texture but not as wrinkly.

Linen is gorgeous, it makes me feel like a country club member! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I hear ya 'Zoftig', love/hate indeed!

I have two outstandingly sexy linen outfits, but only wear them when I'm going to a function that entails standing/dancing all night long...Dancing (And yes, I arrive comfy, and change when I get there...Bad Grin )

I'm not into looking like what the cat dragged in, especially at the many professional functions Mr Kassy and I have to attend regularly...(Argh!) Hate, hate, hate them...

Cotton/Spandex is my BFF... Laughing

I do love the dreaded linen though, but for me find it's best served for my walks on the beach and I do love my linen capri's + tops for that... (Wrinkled linen is the norm on good old Palm Beach Island!) Rolling Eyes... I'm more comfy though, in my cut off jeans + tee's which are my preference.

I would never recommend 'spray starch' on linens though, that's hilarious! Laughing Laughing Laughing (Great linen equates to those perfectly placed *wrinkles* + *crinkles*.) Wink But hey, maybe that's just my take... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well if wrinkle/crinkle is acceptable on Palm Beach Island then we Arizona mountain gals are just going to have to take note and cope. Very Happy

Jeans are your comfy clothes? Honey, they're dress-up in any place in this town! I'll save my linen for Sedona and Scottsdale and since they are a couple of hours away, I'll take your advice and change when I get there! Very Happy

Good to see you're still around Ms. Kassy! We miss ya.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I hate linen, too, Zoftig. I have had an outfit I bought on sale several years ago hanging in my closet ever since. It's really cute but I hate to look wrinkled. If I can't be wrinkle-free on my face, I at least want to be wrinkle-free on my clothes. Laughing I also hate silk, just because it's another high maintenance fabric.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
As for me I love linen, wrinkles and all. Nothing as cool on a sweltering day. Rise above it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, been out of town and missed your question.
I have a linen dress and I debated buying it for that reason. So I asked the saleslady at Anthropologie before I bought it what they use as they had a lot of lines pieces there. She said steamer, so I got one for Christmas and love it.
Not perfect, but way better than ironing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Sorry, been out of town and missed your question.
I have a linen dress and I debated buying it for that reason. So I asked the saleslady at Anthropologie before I bought it what they use as they had a lot of lines pieces there. She said steamer, so I got one for Christmas and love it.
Not perfect, but way better than ironing.

I ended up buying a steamer as well Annie, when I pressed mine it was wrong side out! The thing is you can make it look great until you wear it! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
I love the look of linen on models and in magazines, but that is so not happening for me. If I look at my outfit the wrong way it wrinkles. I love how light and soft some linen clothes feel in hot weather, but I don't have the patience or desire to iron before each wear, so linen in my wardrobe is minimal.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I should also say that I've seen some women wear linen and look stunning in it, wrinkles and all. But they're the kind of people who can make anything look good - I think it's how they carry themselves. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people.
clustersof3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
...guess I'm a bag lady, lol...
I love linen and I find the more you iron/starch it, the worse it behaves. I wash it and toss it in the dryer for a few minutes, then hang it to dry - with some smoothing and shaping on the hanger while damp.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
After considering all of your answers, I'm sorting through the summer wardrobe. About 75% of it is linen. I'm keeping my favorites and just going to "rise above it". The others I'm giving to the humane society store.

There certainly are all types of linen - although all the tags say 100%! I thought the difference might be in quality/price. Not so - the biggest pain is a jacket by Eileen Fisher. Rolling Eyes Some of my items are of a stiffer, more finely woven linen, and others a very soft and naturally "waffled" looking weave. Big difference in the care of those!

Skippie, I'm with you on the wrinkle-free philosophy of wardrobe vs face Very Happy but will make exceptions. I have never found silk to be breathable on me!

Exestential lady , you've got the right attitude and I'll adopt it as best I can

Annie, I have a steamer and have only used it on wool. Great idea!

marcie65, minimal or a blend sounds like the answer for us

Skippie, when I worked for the airlines I saw women who could walk off a 5 hour flight and look just as good as they got on. I called them the beige ladies. All class, not a hair out of place, and always in neutrals. I never managed the look.. Smile and not because I didn't try

clusterof3, that is exactly what my boutique lady told me to do and I will try on my softer linen. The stiffer kind goes!

Kassy, I took your advice and changed outfits when I arrived in Sedona. I stood most of the day but I couldn't pull off sexy Laughing

Dark Moon, they gave us some good suggestions!

Thank you for all your comments!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't mind linen. I just recently bought several linen summer tops and I love them. They have enough structure to them and are fairly fitted (as much as you can be with linen), and they are not that bad when it comes to wrinkling. To be honest, with linen I actually don't mind wrinkling. It kinda comes with the territory - if you know what i mean.
The secret, i think, is in the structure and how fitted a linen piece of clothing is. If it's very loose - it will wrinkle a lot. If fitted - it should be OK.
Just my two cents . . . . Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I hate linen, too, Zoftig. I have had an outfit I bought on sale several years ago hanging in my closet ever since. It's really cute but I hate to look wrinkled. If I can't be wrinkle-free on my face, I at least want to be wrinkle-free on my clothes. Laughing I also hate silk, just because it's another high maintenance fabric.

Lol,
I like silk!

I have a 91% silk and 9% spandex blouse and I never iron it and the wrikles (not that there is any) come out oas soon as you put the blouse on!

I bought the blouse from Martin and Osa, and Sad they went out of business..

But I have seen that material at other stores too- Femme De Carriere is one store or chain that carries that stuff too.

Also I have some silk "jersey" fabric hat is a dress and skirt outfit and it feels kind of "slinky" like rayon,but it really is silk (bought@expensive store though..Femme De Carriere).

But that fabric never wrinkles.

I am ctually pretty bad for wasing silk and delicate things though,I know it says "dry clean only" but I put my items in zipper pillow cases and wash in the washing machine on cold.

But i have a front load wash machine with no spiining thing or else would not even be attempting this.

I have never ruined anyhting in 5+ years of doing that (and wash very delcicate items that way too).
luca4
5% products discount

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
After several years of wearing linen, then getting rid of it because of the wrinkles, only to buy more of it the next summer, I have finally decided to forget ironing it and just wear it as is. It does help me survive the terribly hot, humid Dallas summers.

I have found that if I put the garment on a hanger and spritz it thoroughly with a spray bottle of water and brush it with my hand in a downwards motion, then let it dry, most of the wrinkles come out. Give it a try!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
luca 4

I am going to try your spray bottle technique! I do take it out of the dryer early and kind of hand iron but never thought of spraying. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |