Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Chemical Peel around eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone done a TCA 30% or a Jessner's Peel around the eyes?? (especially under the eyes)

What was the experience like?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds kind of scary?
I wouldnot want to try that myself...

But then again, I can not stand more than 8% aha yet.

I know you can get glycolic eye creams, and i guess those take a while to see effects....

But what would a peel around the eye area do?
I have never heard of that (then again I've never asked anyone I know either).
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Its for dark circles and to tighten/lift the skin
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Here are some expert opinions from Cosmetic Surgeons:

By Jeffrey Zwiren, MD - Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
Most chemical peels will not correct the very dark circles under the eyes. Some of the conditions that lead to dark circles are the thinness of the skin coupled with multiple blood vessels below the skin. Also if there are bags of the lower eyelids this casts a shadow and will accentuate the deepness and the darkness of the area. In my experience chemical peeling is not of much benefit and can also cause a darkening of the skin. Try to use products that conceal the darkness. One such product is Teamine Eye Complex.

By Stella Desyatnikova, MD - Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
Chemical peels in general are not a good option for this problem, especially the take-home peels. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done for pigment deposits in this area, especially for the genetic kind. Seek the opinion of an experienced facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or a plastic surgeon.

By Otto Joseph Placik, MD - Chicago Plastic Surgeon This would really depend on your skin type and the cause of the discoloration. TCA peels are commonly used but it would be best to seek a qualified physician

By Steven Wallach, MD - Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
If the dark circles are sun damage then any ablative laser or even a TCA medium depth peel may help. Some skin care regimens can do it more slowly as well. If it is long standing dark circles from thin skin, then a filler may help guide you in the correct choice of peel or other treatments.

Sometimes medications such as those used for the mask of pregnancy may be a better way of treating your condition.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:

I don't think a peel will help with dark circles and I doubt you would get much lifting and tightening. Have you tried that Easy Eye Tuck product/s?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
tasha92337 wrote:

I don't think a peel would be helpful for these issues. Sometimes a peel can done around the eyes for fine lines and this provides some improvement. I would not try doing this myself though.
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I just dont want to get a bleph surgery and want to do something non surgical

how about fillers in the tear troughs and cheeks?

Or ultrasound (radio frequency?)
to reduce eye bags???
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Are you bags caused by fat? If the bags are fat then I don't think anything but surgery would help.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering about this myself.

This is for medical professionals but scroll down to chemical peels: http://www.skinandaging.com/article/1186

I was thinking of trying a the very weakest TCA peel on my under eye area, would love to hear if anyone has tried this.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, just found this thread, very helpful!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36884&highlight=tca+eye

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |