Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Opinions on Revive - Especially Revive Moisturizing cream

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies:

What are the latest reviews on the Revive line, particularly Revive Moisturizing Cream?

My Mom was at Nordstrom's over the weekend and the Sales Rep almost had her talked into Revive Moisturizing Cream ($$$$ Yikes !!!!). Thankfully, she did not impulse buy because at the very least I explained that she can purchase this for far less online. Anyway, they gave her a sample and so far she loves it and wants me to purchase it for her on the Internet.

Do those of you that have used this think it is worth it? If so, is the Moisturizing cream the best product out of the Revive line for her to start with?

My Mom is 61, she has very good skin, few wrinkles, etc. Overall she looks great. The only product she has consistently used over the years is Retin A. Does she sound like a good candidate for Revive or can you recommend a better product for her age/skin type that is designed to be anti-aging and give a nice glow, smooth texture, etc - those types of issues?

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Not impressed with the line at all . I've tried Lustre cream and Renewal Moisturizing cream. Waste of money. May be, you can reccomend her a good Vit C Serum instead? It will give her glow and has very good anti-aging properties.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
On the old YTF forum, alot of the older women loved this line. I know that ReVive always recommend if you can only buy 1 of their products to get the Moisturizing Renewal Cream. If you email ReVive, they will usually send you samples, usually for several weeks worth because you use so little. Maybe your mom could use it from samples for a while and see if she thinks it would be worth the price.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I'd definitely agree with getting hold of some samples as ReVive is very pricey. I had good success with the Eye Renewal Cream - it took several months to work, but is the only product I've yet found which makes a difference to my undereye lines.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I was not impressed with the moisturizing renewal cream. It did nothing for me that would merit the exorbitant price. I much prefer my Karin Herzog.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Quite a coincidence seeing this, as I came soooo close to buying this online last night but resisted - strawberry has a special price now and I always get suckered by a supposedly good deal Rolling Eyes

Don't know much about this line, but am still thinking about it. In fact I just went to the Revive website to check ingredients list and hopefully convince myself I don't need or want this....still undecided... hmmm

Ingredients for Revive Moisturising Renewal Cream (cut and paste) -

Water (Aqua), Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Glycolic Acid, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, DEA-Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Squalane, Sclerotium Gum, Recombinant EGF, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Glycolipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Limonene, Linalool, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone.

I took rileygirl's suggestion and emailed Revive to request some samples. I also asked for the Eye Renewal cream since majorb had such good results from it.

In the meantime, I purchased my Mom some samples (5 packets of Revive Mositurizing Cream and 5 packets of the Revive Eye Renewal Cream from Ebay. Hopefully by the time she uses those up, Revive will have sent the other samples I requested. After using all the samples she should know for sure whether or not it is worth the expense.

I will post back in a few months to let you know what results if any she got from the moisturizing cream and the eye renewal.

Thanks again

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:03 am      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Thanks everyone.

I took rileygirl's suggestion and emailed Revive to request some samples. I also asked for the Eye Renewal cream since majorb had such good results from it.

In the meantime, I purchased my Mom some samples (5 packets of Revive Mositurizing Cream and 5 packets of the Revive Eye Renewal Cream from Ebay. Hopefully by the time she uses those up, Revive will have sent the other samples I requested. After using all the samples she should know for sure whether or not it is worth the expense.

I will post back in a few months to let you know what results if any she got from the moisturizing cream and the eye renewal.

Thanks again

I hope it works for you, but please bear in mind that it took several months (about 6 or so) for me to see a difference. Luckily, each pot does last for a long time, so one pot was definitely enough for it to work on me.
thethe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I have used the Moisturizing Renewal Cream, but I found if you are not used continuously, interrupted occasionally use this product, the effect will be better. I was in the year, the intensive use of 1-2 months and then switch to other products. I feel it my acne scars and pores have played a significant role, of course, this can only be used at night. If and collagen cream better with use. If you want to ease wrinkles, or to use their Intensite Creme Lustre
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought the neck cream years ago and wasn't too impressed with the results and decided that the brand was far too hyped up. However, I recently received several samples of the Moisturising Renewal Cream, and it has completely changed my mind about the whole line in general. It moisturizes my skin very well and when I wake up in the morning my face is still nice and plump. It has also faded several of my old acne PIH spots that have been quite resistant to other prescription treatments. It also has not broken me out once in the 3 weeks I've been using it. For me, this is already very good. I cannot tell if it's good for wrinkles as I don't have any *yet*... I still have one more sample packet left, and if all goes well, I will most likely buy the full size. The only thing I'm not a great fan of is the jar packaging, which in my opinion is rather unsanitary. But I guess nothing is ever perfect Rolling Eyes HTH!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 am      Reply with quote
This is my favorite sin care line.I have been using the products for almost 3 years.I am 56 and I feel these products have really helped to stop the clock with aging. I use their eye renewal cream under my eye to help with the lines I had....this has helped a lot..I dont really have lines there.I love their creme lustre night cream.Yes its expensive but I buy all of their products on ebay and they last a long time. I have even used their peau magnifique which I use twice a yr , its very pricey the though.Jan Marini has a similar product called age intervention regeneration booster that has some of the same ingredient in it for much cheaper. I do not use all of revive's line...just the eye reneal cream, cream lustre, the moisture renewal cream I dont use because it makes my face a little red but my daughter loves it! She has acne and thins it has helped her scars and pimples. I really feel this line in under rated and bashed sometimes because it is expensive but the ingredients are VERY expensive....the owner of the company is a former plastic surgeon who was frustrated because he felt even though he could surgically remove sagging skin he could not give women back the "fresh look" of young skin....that lead him to start this company.I get compliments all the time on my skin and people frequently ask me,"you look really good and dont have any wrinkles" what do you do? I never had those compliments 3 years ago before I used Revive!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I believe the Moisture renewal cream has a pretty good rating on www.makeupalley.com.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow lucyluc - you make this sound so promising that now I am beginning to get tempted to try it myself! I was originally looking into this for my Mom but what the hell maybe I should get some samples and give it try too.

Just what I needed - yet another expensive skincare product to get addicted to Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
you can also buy the sample packs on ebay,they are reasonable.I buy the eye renewal cream in packets, use a pin to puncture it and squeeze a little out, then I close it with scotch tape.One pack lasts a couple weeks for me and costs like$2.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
you can also buy the sample packs on ebay,they are reasonable.I buy the eye renewal cream in packets, use a pin to puncture it and squeeze a little out, then I close it with scotch tape.One pack lasts a couple weeks for me and costs like$2.

I think you were the one who inspired me to try the Eye Renewal Cream, lucyluc. Thanks for the tip! Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDAuEozTvfg I dont now if you can open this but if you search on youtube you might find this video on the science behind revive.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the info lucyluc.

I am going to go on Ebay and track down some samples for me too - I just can't resist trying this out for myself. I plan on trying the eye renewal cream and the moisturizing cream -

lucyluc is there anything else that I definitely should try from the Revive line?

I hope I love it as much as some of you guys do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I like Peau magnifique but god its expensive.I used it once and a couple people asked me right after I used it if I had surgery! It will not help you if you are young however because you dont need it.It doesnt help everyone but for me it does make a difference.I get it on ebay for 3 or 400 vs 1500 at the store
System
Automatic Message
Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Donell Mini Microdermabrasion (85 ml / 2.8 oz) Thalgo Source Marine 24H Hydration Skincare Set in Gold (4 items) Jurlique Hand Cream Trio (3 items)