Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Youtube DermTVdotcom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Those of you who like to watch youtube videos I thought you might appreciate DermTVdotcom.

Dr. Neal Schultz is a dermatologist who discusses different topics on skin care.

I posted a link to one of his videos about sunscreen application. I'm not sure if I agree with him on that subject. However he has some good segments especially for skin care newbies.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom
Above is the link to his channel.

Here are some links to videos that I thought were interesting.

Laser skin resurfacing
http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/43/gQhXeKPW0-A

At home LED devices
http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/54/7dCOQOd1op8

Removing Acne Scars
http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/138/g9V9-ANB7dg
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I watched his video below on antioxidants and tretinoin and he said that they can be used simultaneously but that antioxidants should not be used during the day, only at night. Is this correct? I've been applying Vitamin C in the morning....

http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/19/rNNYbUnANsk

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:05 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
I watched his video below on antioxidants and tretinoin and he said that they can be used simultaneously but that antioxidants should not be used during the day, only at night. Is this correct? I've been applying Vitamin C in the morning....

http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/19/rNNYbUnANsk

He claims that antioxidants are like sunscreen where they absorb some of the ultraviolet light, which then kills the antioxidants. If that's the case why wouldn't you want to wear them during the day as well, if it's going to help with sun protection. I would continue using vitamin c during the day.

In one of his videos I believe he mentions that you can apply retin a and vitamin c at night.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I found another video below devoted specifically to antioxidant use at night. He sort of contradicts himself because he says to apply at night so that it absorbs into the cells and is ready to absorb free radicals the next day. If it's supposed to help with free radical neutralization the next day, how does putting it on 8 hours earlier the night before make it more effective than if applied in the am if vitamin C is absorbed in a matter of minutes?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/61/oZkNt8YjoaI

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
I found another video below devoted specifically to antioxidant use at night. He sort of contradicts himself because he says to apply at night so that it absorbs into the cells and is ready to absorb free radicals the next day. If it's supposed to help with free radical neutralization the next day, how does putting it on 8 hours earlier the night before make it more effective than if applied in the am if vitamin C is absorbed in a matter of minutes?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dermTVdotcom#p/u/61/oZkNt8YjoaI

I use vitamin C some nights only, but only because the one I'm using I find it too strong to use 2x a day, and also did not like how my product felt w makeup..was kinda "yucky" feeling.
I still like neostrata vitamin C,and always rebuy it...

What I don't get though,
from reading your explanation is that usually most people wash their face in the morning?
I would guess?

Then would you not rinse off whatever product on your face?
I do not think the vitamin C would be that absorbed into the skin?
I don't know though.

Another good place to have skincare answers is Skincarerx you can during the week get free consultations with licensed etheticians.
And can also submit questions by email and they are very good w responses.

I am only suggesting Skincarerx cuz I spoke to someone there a few weeks ago.
But I think EDS has the same kind of services too.

EDS has great customer service too, but I have never tried calling for anything yet...

Also have to add I like both of these skin sites as they both have great service, and I will buy from them different items.
Some stuff EDs does not carry, and some items Skincarerx does not ship here Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |