Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
small bumps due to dermarolling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ive been a reader/poster on the dermaroller thread since its start - HOWEVER, i dont remember anyone stating this problem.

I noticed this a few weeks ago after my 6th and final roll with my 2.0 - 2 tiny bumps on the side of my cheek - almost immediately after rolling. They are still there. IN FACT, i have the same 2 bumps on the other side of my face! I wasnt sure where they came from until I realized these after dermarolling.

Has this happened to anyone? Do you know if they are permanent? They seem to be at this point....

Sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
It is somewhere in this huge thread but there was 1 other person and myself. I developed small bumps above my upper lip where I was concentrating the dermaroller. I talked to Dr. Fernandes about this, sent him a picture, etc. He did not know what had caused this but did not think it was from the dermarolling. At any rate, mine slowly (like after 6+ months) faded and I don't see them any longer.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if it is inflammation from the roller being pulled in a certain manner at select angles?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I can't remember anymore since I looked into this a long time a go but isn't 2.0 a little long for facial skin? You risk getting to the hypodermis in certain areas, which would increase the risk of scarring.

It seems that the bumps are likely fibrosis caused by the process of scarring (which does not mean that you'll get a scar)

I think that what could have happened is:
a. The dermaroller went too deep in some areas
b. The dermaroller was pulled or passed to energetically so it created a lesion bigger than the usual so the scarring cascade went off

In these 2 cases, hopefully the fibrosis will resolve after some time.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry your having problems. I spoke with Sarah from Owndoc. I signed up for their forum and Sarah always answered my questions, maybe you should try signing up and asking her.

http://forum.owndoc.com/

She told me not to order the 2.0 Dermaroller if I wasn't experienced with rolling.

From her website it states:

2.0 mm can only be used once every six weeks at most on the same skin area, and only if you have the knowledge to judge which part of the skin is thick enough to safely use this needle length.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info.

I had asked my derm. to remove them - but she said Id have scars. Ill wait and see if they go away on their own.
eyebright
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
mb935,

I'm in the process of reading the EDS Dermarolling novel and am only on page 29 ... 141 more pages to read!

On Sun Apr 20, 2008, scalawaggirl posted an article which described the dermarolling process. In there is a paragraph which may, or may not be helpful to you.

<i>....When the patient has not cleaned the skin thoroughly, a fine scab may form on the surface. The formation of scabs should be discouraged because they may cause obstruction and the development of simple milia or tiny pustules. Milia are uncommon but when they occur, they should be treated by pricking and draining. Tiny pustules are more common and usually found in patients treated for acne scars. It is important to open them early and make sure that the skin has been cleaned thoroughly and that there is no serous residue on the surface. When the pustules are allowed to dry on the skin, they will form thin scabs that effectively prevent the penetration of the vitamins necessary for a successful treatment. </i>

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=700
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I greatly appreciate that!

At least I have some ideas of what may have happened now.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |