Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
HYPER PIGMENTATION – RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone help? Idea

I’ve got areas of hyper pigmentation Sad (areas where the melanin is much darker) and I would like to have clearer skin. I would like to use a natural remedy as my skin is quite sensitive and Acids have been banned in the UK. I’m currently using Philosophy’s Hope and a Prayer and have seen some of the areas get clearer but the results are slow. I would love to hear about any success stories.

Christine
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry I can't give a suggestion since I have the same question as well.But I do know its better to use the ones without hydroquinone.I did see that Dermalogica has a couplke of pdts called daybright and night bright which have no hydroquinone.But I do not know how good they are.I am looking fwd to other people's suggestion as well.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Christine

I really feel I'm at the beginning of a big success story with my hyperpigmentation. I've been using Epidermx (and Camellia oil) for just over two weeks and I can already see a real difference. My skin tone is much more even all over, the hyperpigmentation seems to be lifting to the surface and coming off and in fact my skin seems to be glowing like it hasn't for a long time.

It seems to be working so quickly too. I think I look amazing today, which is most unusual. I don't usually see rapid results nor am I usually so enthusiastic.

I won't go on and on because there are lots of posts about this stuff up already. Use the search top right.

Molly
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Molly,

Thank you for your advice, I'm new to the service and haven't found my way around yet, I'll check out the search engine. I haven't heard of Epidermx before, when would I use it in my skin care routine, and would I apply it before or after the Camellia oil?

Regards
Christine
HAPPY
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi
It's home microdermabrasion, which is like strong exfoliation using pharmaceutical grade crystals. You use it 2 or 3 times a week and then apply the oil.

I noticed you said you wanted 'natural' skincare. Well, to me it doesn't sound very natural and I was more than a bit reticent at first, but when I look atwww.skinbiology.com they include this process under 'natural' methods of skin recovery (and I'm a long time user of Skinbio so I tend to listen to their information) if I remember rightly because dogs lick wounds with their very abrasive tongues Shock to stimulate healing.

You can look here http://www.goldportbeauty.com for more information though there are many other suppliers in the other posts.

bye
Molly
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Molly,

Thank you very much, I'll check out the sites.

Christine
HAPPY
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I've had melasma on my upper lip and have had the best results taking MSM supplements internally and using Isa Knox's White focus intensive. If it's just hyperpigmentation, then exfoliation should do the trick. If it's melasma and the problem is internal, the MSM is more effective. Hope this helps!
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Skin Addict, it is just pigmentation, which is an irritation, I notice it but everyone else says its hardly a focal point. Hope you had a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
Happy
Dana Middleton

Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I've had wonderful results with Procyte's, Complex HQ Plus. Hydroqinone with aha. Use twice a day is the secret.
Also, great results with Glycolis peels with hydroqinone. For long term results, try IPL/Photofacial treatments, exellent results.
Dianeth
5% products discount

Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
*** edited***

SPAM
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Be careful of hydroquinone guys. Shock

If you do decide to use it, always use small percentage (2% or less) for limited time period & under the supervision of a derm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm always looking for something for hyperpigmentation too. I've tried the 2% percent hydroquinone in a few products and it did absolutely squat. It didn't hurt my skin at all and also didn't affect the pigmentation. I might as well have used water. But I know that some people have real problems because of it even at that level. I think that is why I have been too afraid to use the Obagi products with 4% in case I screw my face up. It is frustrating.

I actually think that the Phyto+ might have helped a little, but it was possibly my imagination. Right now, I am trying the Rosa Rubiginosa oil from Rosa y Fruta. I am also using it under my eyes for lines. Too early to tell if it is helping on the hyperpigmentation. It is supposed to penetrate into the layers of the skin so maybe it will help in time.
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marella,

I still haven't had any success since my original posting Sad My friend tried hydroquinone all over her face, originally it worked although after a while, her skin just deterorated and she now has to wear thick make up 24 / 7 to cover the problem.

They don't sell Rosa y Fruta in the UK but I really hope that it works for you. I noticed that Decleor now have a lightening range, have you, or anyone else tried it?

Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
My daughter had a problem with hyperpigmentation and she had a series of Photo Facials. It totally took care of the problem and her skin looked even and great. My daughters problem was her sensitivity to the sun. She MUST wear an SPF of 30 on her face at all times. During her two pregnancies she got a severe mask. Fortunately, after the babies were born the mask went away. I have no idea what photo facials costs now. At the time I was working in a salon and I believe a series of 6 cost $1000.00. If you are spending a fortune on skin care to improve the situation and it is not working PF is the way to go.

Microdermabrasion helped many clients with this problem and did help my daughter to a degree. Therefore, Epidermx might be worth a try first.
christiania
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Dana Middleton wrote:
I've had wonderful results with Procyte's, Complex HQ Plus. Hydroqinone with aha. Use twice a day is the secret.
Also, great results with Glycolis peels with hydroqinone. For long term results, try IPL/Photofacial treatments, exellent results.

I used the complex HQ plus as well, but found that it worked better if I used it sparingly maybe once a day, or every other day in conjunction with a gentle cleanser and exfoliator. I found that if I used the HQ twice a day the skin rejuvenation process occurred too obviously (I have fairly dark skin so the area where the cream was applied would show up a lot darker and I'd have to cover up with make-up). When I began using it less frequently I found that it still yielded results and I didn't need to wear as much make-up.

I had horrible acne pigmentation scars all over my face but the complex HQ worked really well to get rid of them, mind you it takes time for the effects to show but its worth it in the end. I now don't need to wear any makeup where before I had to wear a truckload to feel even remotely presentable.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Happy wrote:
Hi Marella,

They don't sell Rosa y Fruta in the UK but I really hope that it works for you. I noticed that Decleor now have a lightening range, have you, or anyone else tried it?

Happy

Happy: I haven't tried any of the Decleor products, though I contantly am curious about the line, especially the oils. Right now I am debating on trying one of the facial oils or trying Camellia Oil.

I actually think that you may be able to get Rosa y Fruta to ship to the UK if you were really interested in something. I'm not sure of course and I only think that it might be possible because I believe Mabsy got some sent to Australia. I could be entirely wrong of course. I'm not convinced that the Rosa y Fruta oil is going to help with pigmentation for me. It is just what I am trying at the moment. Rolling Eyes So I can't recommend it yet to even try to encourage you to go through the hassle of trying to get it shipped to you. If it works though, I'll be back on here shouting it everywhere.
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
christiania,

I am using HQ(2%) right now, I too have a lot of acne scar and need to put on a truckload of makeup (but the scars are still visable--my foundation is not the great)

how long did it take you to diminish those scars on HQ?

april
christiania
5% products discount

Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
It took a few months for me to be comfortable without wearing any make-up. Mind you I had to learn to adjust to the HQ- I guess it varies from person to person. I found that if I applied it too frequently and with too large quantities the area that would be treated would darken significantly before exfoliating off, and sometimes if I wasn't careful the area I was treating would end up getting scarred.

Remember that the way in which it is working is by basically removing the upper layers of the skin so you have to be gentle. Use it at most once a day and in small amounts. Also don't just put dabs on the scarred area but smooth it into surrounding skin as well.
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
[b]Marellea[/b],

Thanks for the update on Rosa y Fruta I'll search the web and see if they do ship to the UK. I've used the Decelor oils for a number of years and although I havent tried their new White range, I have found that texture and feel of my skin is amazing when using it. I would highly recommend it, I started off with the neroli and then depending upon my skin I alternate between the iris and angelique. I just need something that works on the pigmentation and dark circles around my eyes and then I will be happy.

I have heard about the Ella Bache range which have a 'natural' lightning range, which come in capsule form. Its a bit expensive but who knows.

Plus after reading Winnies posting there was an article in the paper about Fhoto Facials, they were expensive though £95.00 per facial.

Take care, and thanks again for your response.

Christine.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Happy just as an FYI, I know that Elizabeth sometimes has the Rosa Rubiginosa oil listed on the site and sometimes not, but I am almost certain that she always carries it or can make it. A word of caution. This oil seemed to mess with my pores a bit so I don't use it on my entire face just on the pigmentation areas, and eye and lip areas where it works just fine, but it does have a limited shelf life and there is quite a bit in the bottle just for those areas.

However, another FYI in case you didn't know, she does do specialty mixing also, so if you decided to try it and wanted green tea put in it or something, I think she would.

I try to mention the cautions because it clogged actually a single pore a bit on my nose that I got too close to with the oil. I never experimented with any other areas with a lot of pores since I am chicken. Razz (Some like mariav, I think it is, use it all over the face and love it)so it could just be my wacky skin. On the other hand if after I have used it a while it helps my pigmentation, I won't care in the least that my pores did not like it.

Oops. I meant to say that it does NOT have a long shelf life. I keep mine stored in the refrigerator to extend that time as much as possible. I also don't want to give the impression that the entire line of products is terrible. I haven't tried most of them, but I absolutely loved one of the moisturizers.
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
[color=red]marella [/color]Thanks for the heads up!

Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |