Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Jen Aniston's secret - Neutrogena "Amber Bar" Soap
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I just read an article that Jennifer's secret weapon for smooth skin is the Neutrogena "Amber Bar" soap which she uses for face cleansing. I think I'm going to look for it next time at CVS or Walgreens. Has anyone used this soap before?

Quote:
4. Her Face

When you’re a multi-millionaire like J.A, you can afford the most expensive skin care brands around, and get highest of high-end products thrown your way, for free, long before they’ve even hit the shelves. So how does Aniston keep her face silky smooth and seemingly flawless?

A plain old bar of Neutrogena soap.

Aniston uses the brand’s famous transparent “Amber Bar,” a beauty staple since the 1950s, which “gently cleanses the skin and returns it to its natural pH level just minutes after washing.” The star started using the soap as a teenager, and once again, the loyal “Friend” has stayed true to her pre-fame-and-fortune roots.

Here's a link to the article for you to read all her other secrets:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/06/09/jen-anistons-sexy-secrets-revealed-people-keeping-secrets/
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
She must have resistant skin. There is nothing special about it. Its just your basic glycerin soap (cleansing agents and animal fat). I used this in my teens when my skin could handle harsher cleaning.
Also this has not been a beauty staple of Jen's since the 1950's, as she was born in 1969.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

Also this has not been a beauty staple of Jen's since the 1950's, as she was born in 1969.

I believe the article says it's been *A* beauty staple since the 1950's, not *her* beauty staple since the 1950's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:

I think the quote just meant the Neutrogena bar has been around since the 1950's! Laughing (though I am with you, it is just a plain glycerine bar and doubt it gave her great skin. Rolling Eyes)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

I think the quote just meant the Neutrogena bar has been around since the 1950's! Laughing (though I am with you, it is just a plain glycerine bar and doubt it gave her great skin. Rolling Eyes)

I have to agree here I used either Pears or Neutrogena glycerin soap back in my teens and they are just regular glycerin bar soaps, nothing wrong with either but I don't think they would give anyone "great skin" Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

I believe the article says it's been *A* beauty staple since the 1950's, not *her* beauty staple since the 1950's.

I agree I just thought it seemed some what misleading.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Does Neutrogena and other big companies pay celebs to say this stuff? Even though she's not the face of the company, maybe they give her a little cash under the table for a plug or two.

Their cleansers are like paint thinner on your face. It strips every ounce of oil. Maybe I could use it as a teenager, but now? I'd wind up with reptile face.

I don't think it's even good for teens. Everyone knows the more oil you strip, the more it produces and it just aggravates acne and skin conditions.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yep Who knows what perks they get, and do they really use what the fashion magazines say?!?! I never had any issues with that as a teen but I have always had really really normal skin, I never broke out. Not that I want to use it now! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

Yup,
that's what I understood- the article says the bar has been sold since the 1950's.

The article could be written more clearly Laughing
So many things are badly written thesedays Rolling Eyes

Wouldn't a basic glycerin soap be just as good?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
TheBaroness wrote:
Does Neutrogena and other big companies pay celebs to say this stuff? Even though she's not the face of the company, maybe they give her a little cash under the table for a plug or two.

Their cleansers are like paint thinner on your face. It strips every ounce of oil. Maybe I could use it as a teenager, but now? I'd wind up with reptile face.

I don't think it's even good for teens. Everyone knows the more oil you strip, the more it produces and it just aggravates acne and skin conditions.

She may or may not get paid- but I'm pretty sure she at least gets some free product!
I know even many "regular" bloggers who are not "celebs" in any way if you write and review things online you get a lot of promotional items Smile

I actually have a book blog (no cosmetic reviews yet,lol).
But from reviewing books online and facebook I get tons of books sent to me at home from publishers Smile
I do sometimes get cosmetics sent here too from some companies,but not tons since I have a book blog..

But I do sometimes write cosmetic reviews on a other site (a Canadian shopping site).
I'm not making any money from that (actually looking for a writing job..gotta redo the resume),but free books is still fun (and actualy meeting some authors too!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Actually that is all it is a basic glycerin soap!

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Original Formula, Fragrance Free 3.5 oz (100 g) $3.29 USD

TEA Stearate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Tallowate, Glycerin, Water Purified, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Ricinoleate, TEA Oleate, Cocamide DEA, Tocopherol

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp16681_333181_sespider_1_1/neutrogena/transparent_facial_bar_original_formula_fragrance_free.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:10 am      Reply with quote
To be honest, I think most of these "celebrities endorse" such-and-such a product, are usually lies. I ignore those stories, anyway; they're just to fill up column inches. I'm sure I read Jennifer Aniston used Kinerase at some point. Do you think a celebrity is going to sue over an accusation about a humble Neutrogena soap?! Hardly slanderous.

Let's not forget, she's got stylists, surgeons, makeup artists, personal trainers, at her beck and call, so of course she's going to look amazing! It's not just a soap bar.

The "endorsement" that made me laugh like a drain was Kylie Minogue extoling the virtues of Pond's Cold Cream, and sales rocketed by 700% or so. If only it were that simple! She's botoxed up to the eyeballs, along with the rest of her procedures (someone commented she's looking more and more like Joan Rivers. Ouch).

And let's not forget that Demi Moore insists she's had nothing done. Puh-lease! I'd rather they just kept quiet; at least then they wouldn't be patronising the public. Demi lost a lot of respect from me after coming out with that tripe.

Madonna's statement "I'm not against plastic surgery, I'm just against discussing it", is fair enough, stating it's her personal business, and at least it's honest.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
I think you all are right.

I read another that Jen spent $10K for her haircut because she had to fly her stylist to London with her while filming Marley & Me and paid his hotel, airfare, salary for one week to cut, trim, blowdry, style, whatever else her hair needs. I don't really see how special her hair looks after spending $10K. It looks like a simple SuperCut haircut.

A friend of mine said she was sure Jen uses a ton of other skincare products, masks, peels, dermabrasion, etc since she has millions at her disposal to combat aging. Plus I suspect a little lift here and there won't hurt.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |