Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:42 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever tried this on their legs? I was thinking for cellulite. Confused
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Skin care junkie, I have been thinking the same thing for some time - why not on thighs?

I seem to take so long to treat my face there is little time left for my body - tee-hee!

I will try the back of my thighs & report back, the added incentive being bikini weather is upon us now - eeek!

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading some of the claims and uses of this stuff back at the years when this was supposed to be a cure for almost everything.

One of the things they claimed was its use for little veins and hemorrhoids.

Has anyone used this for broken capilares, or noticed them dismishing or vanishing?
Something good to report? Question

Any users of the comb attatchment for the scalp? news? prons? cons?

Some people said this was used for killing bacteria on gums and teeth... Same question, any reports?

The working spectrum of HF seems to be too good to be truth.

Eager to hear more reports.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
I have been reading some of the claims and uses of this stuff back at the years when this was supposed to be a cure for almost everything.

Has anyone used this for broken capilares, or noticed them dismishing or vanishing?

Some people said this was used for killing bacteria on gums and teeth... Same question, any reports?

I believe that the general advice for HF is not to use it on broken caps - that is definitely the advice from DermaWand. However, I am prone to broken caps and have spent a fortune on IPL in an effort to get rid of them. I have seen no problem whatever with using the HF over these areas.

I do use the comb attachment and it has definitely been beneficial for my itchy scalp.

HF definitely helps with killing the bacteria of pimples, so I would see no reason why it wouldn't do the same for mouth infections. Before antibiotics came along, HF was the preferred treatment for infections.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:

I use it on my scalp and I think I drop lesser hair now. But I wont say it helps me to grow new hair or make it grow faster.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Skin care junkie, I have been thinking the same thing for some time - why not on thighs?

I seem to take so long to treat my face there is little time left for my body - tee-hee!

I will try the back of my thighs & report back, the added incentive being bikini weather is upon us now - eeek!

Thanks for the reply Katy! I hope it works for you. Please let me know how it works out! Smile
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for coming back to my questions! Very Happy
funkydory
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 am      Reply with quote
For those who have the Palancia, did you choose the orange or violet light? What are the various purposes?
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone that uses this machine pron to broken capillaries?
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:14 am      Reply with quote
yes - have some broken caps. I have not found the HF has made them worse, indeed perhaps the reverse. I know it says to avoid broken caps & this worried me a little prior to use, but I do not give it a second thought now & zap all around & on them with no adverse results. Laughing

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I purchased my Palacia last night and cannot wait to try it. Does anyone using it have Rosacea?
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I have rosacea and also own the HF device. I have only used it for zapping pimples as of now but will be treating my entire face in about a month b/c I want to wait til after my next photofacial/microderm sessions...

I was going to just avoid my cheek areas where the rosacea is the worst.

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
kirara

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

Thank you for your advice and input in this thread! Very Happy

I have ordered the HF wand from palacia and would like to know how long shipping to Australia took for you?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 4:48 am      Reply with quote
kirara wrote:
Hi Keliu,

Thank you for your advice and input in this thread! Very Happy

I have ordered the HF wand from palacia and would like to know how long shipping to Australia took for you?

I think it took about 10 days to arrive. The service from Palacia is usually pretty good.

Sorry I didn't reply earlier - I wasn't receiving the topic reply notifications (so annoying when that happens).

A couple of weeks ago I got a massive cold sore just inside of my nasal passage. It came up like a tomato, was very painful and affected my breathing. What did I do? - zapped it with the HF wand with the narrow probe attached. The next day it had gone down and dried up. Have you ever had cold sore medication work that fast?

I love, love, love this device. It is, by far, my most favourite gadget.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I have a question to ask about the high frequency treatments. On Tonya Zavasta's website she states that electro therapy using the violet ray metabolizes fat where applied. Would you have to worry about your facial fat when using this? Thank you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:24 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi everyone, I have a question to ask about the high frequency treatments. On Tonya Zavasta's website she states that electro therapy using the violet ray metabolizes fat where applied. Would you have to worry about your facial fat when using this? Thank you.

I'm presuming that in saying it metabolizes fat, they're talking about cellulite. I've only ever used the device on my face and neck - and have not noticed any fat loss at all. I also have a filler in my cheeks and that doesn't seem to be effected either.

If High Frequency facial treatments were to contribute to facial wasting I doubt that they would have been used for so many years.

Why don't you email Tonya and see what she has to say on the subject - and, of course, let us know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu, I emailed Tonya and am waiting for her response. Do you use your device around your eyes? On her website Tonya says don't use it around your eyes.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi Keliu, I emailed Tonya and am waiting for her response. Do you use your device around your eyes? On her website Tonya says don't use it around your eyes.

Yes I do use the device around my eyes! Sometimes I use the narrow probe under my eyebrow and directly under my eye.

5% products discount

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Can somebody please tell me how to use HF with CP cream? Should I apply the CP first or after using HF? Thanks
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
I apply CP's after I've done the HF treatment. I'm no expert, but I'm just thinking that it might not be wise to combine copper with electricity.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
The 2nd generation CPs are using a soy protein to make a peptide. There shouldn't be a concern about copper with those, I'd think.

I actually bought the P&R Lotion (a cream) to use with the Dermawand when doing the 'exercises'(lifting). Never got a chance to do it since my wand broke. Sad I would put the CP creams on before.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu & Foxe!
The HF doesn't slide easily when I have CP cream (TriRed) on first, because I thought HF would help to penetrate the CP into the skin. I guess I did it wrong, I should use the Emu oil for CP penetration rather using the HF. So if I want to use some cream on first, which CP cream should I use with HF or should I use HF on bare skin? I dont want to get dry or flake skin afterwards.
Algona
5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
I called Cassia at Skin Bio, I didn't think she know about high frequency - whether or not using CP first. She doesn't know the HF or what does it do either. I am calling all HF expert at EDS for suggestion. Perhaps should I use other moisturizer or serum?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Algona wrote:
I called Cassia at Skin Bio, I didn't think she know about high frequency - whether or not using CP first. She doesn't know the HF or what does it do either. I am calling all HF expert at EDS for suggestion. Perhaps should I use other moisturizer or serum?

I actually did a little research on the web on whether to use HF with a cream or not. I think I just Googled "Instructions for High Frequency facial wand" or something like that. Anyway, the instructions I found all said to use the device on a bare face, so that's what I've been doing.

5% products discount

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, how do you use it on bare face? Does it glide easily or kinda of sticky
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |