Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie,

how does your skin feel now? I hope you didn't have any negative side effects?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
MoxieMama- I think the HF would be great for your father. It's suppose to be good for dermatitis and eczema too. And the comb attachment would be great for the scalp.

Skippie
-that's interesting that you noticed that. I think the instructions say to use an oil in your scalp before using the HF there (for balding??) Hmmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig,

I'm using it 5 to 10 minutes on my face and neck and then another 5 minutes on my head.

Thanks Penta - my skin was fine the next day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Good to hear, skippie, glad you're okay! Smile

For all the girls who use the Palacia for acne/warts/blemishes, do you use wet gauze when you zap?
Mine should turn up any day now Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Good to hear, skippie, glad you're okay! Smile

For all the girls who use the Palacia for acne/warts/blemishes, do you use wet gauze when you zap?
Mine should turn up any day now Very Happy

I've only used the zapper once on a pimple, Penta. Now I'm wondering if I can use it to zap moles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,

I'm pretty sure you can. It sounds weird, doesn't it, but I'm positive that I have read about it before (maybe on this thread?) and that the moles just sort of 'fell off'.
So, when you zapped, did you use a piece of wet gauze?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
No, I just zapped, Penta. What's the wet gauze for?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've used dry guaze a few times, but never wet. Where did you get that idea from? BTW - I'm a little lazy when it comes to using the gauze, so it's only been done a few times total. I think it might work better, but alas...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I read it on the Palacia website:

Sparking is a technique used on acne-type lesions and blemishes. This is done by placing layers of dry, cotton gauze over the skin, generating a gap between the skin surface and electrode. Upon treatment, the “spark gap” releases ozone from the electrode to destroy bacteria and aid in drying pustular infection. Never create a gap of more than Ľ “, as tissue destruction can occur and the skin will heal leaving brownish marks.

Not sure where I read about that the gauze should be wet, but I find the information on how to use high frequency fairly confusing. Some say to use on dry skin, some on moisturized skin, wet gauze, dry gauze, no gauze... Confused
Did you get a proper manual in the box with detailed instructions how to use it?
I sure hope so, as I am a bit of a scaredy cat and like to make extra double sure before I use something. Confused
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Grrr..Just today I cleared my history so now I can't for the life of me remember where I read about the wet gauze. I can't find it anymore. Rolling Eyes
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I didn't receive any instructions, Penta. That sure is important information about the brownish marks - kind of scares me off from zapping.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I think that only occurs if you leave a BIG gap, say half an inch or something. I think the gauze creates a very small gap (but still a gap) between HF and skin, so you can make sure you don't zap too strongly. The bigger the gap the stronger the zap..?

Another thing I am glad I read is that before you put the electrode on your skin you have to make sure your finger is touching the electrode. Once the electrode touches your skin, you can let go. Otherwise you're going to zap yourself...

Yikes, I really want instructions! I would ask on the esthetician forums you guys posted, but those people seem sort of hostile. Sad

Does anybody have a good link for detailed instructions? Keliu? JLM?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Penta - the only instructions I've seen were for a Violet Ray. You can try these:

Quote:
Violet Ray Instructions

Following is the instruction manual that was provided with a violet ray made in the 1930's. As one can see, it was "ambitious" to say the least (not unlike many modern devices <g>), which was one of the reasons the feds shut the places down which made and those who used them. There are some potentially dangerous recommendations in the text below. Treat it for what it is, a historical document for amusement only.
http://www.electroherbalism.com/Bioelectronics/Tesla/VioletRay.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Penta,

I checked out all high frequency units similar to the Palacia and found more information on this one:

http://www.jellenproducts.com/High-Frequency-Facial-Treatment-s/151.htm

Skippie,

I only use it on my face about 3 minutes, and a couple on the neck. Somewhere I read 3-5 minutes was suggested for the face and a maximum of 12 total to avoid the unit from overheating. Sorry, I didn't keep this particular info - maybe its on the Jellen info page. I did a lot of research when I first bought it but deleted the folder when I got comfortable using it. Wish I hadn't!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies!

Right, so from reading this, I think the main points are to keep your finger on the electrode until it touches your face and to not zap from too far a distance. 3-5 minutes for the face in one treatment. And also to start on a low setting.

Am I forgetting anything important?
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Penta,

I never kept my finger on the electrode.... I would turn it on the lowest, put it on my face then turn it up to highest.

Have you received and used yours yet? It is very intimidating at first but really (other that the obnoxious smell for me) it is no problem at all!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow - I've been doing everything wrong. I didn't know about the finger on the electrode and have kind of shocked my skin. Maybe I need to start on low like Zoftig and then turn it high. I start on high to begin with. I'm also going to quit using it more than 3 minutes. Maybe that's why my skin was feeling sore when I used an oil with it. Thank goodness I've only zapped once, because I'm pretty sure I would have been doing that wrong too. Thanks for all the information, Penta and Zoftig.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zoftig, no, I haven't received it, yet.

I am wondering about something else.. if the Palacia is great because it makes product penetration easier I might be in trouble, as I am still searching for a moisturizer and am currently using none (everything seems to break me out)..I know it's really really bad not to moisturize, but believe me I am searching frantically, I just can't find anything my skin is happy with.
I wonder if I can use it and then not apply any moisturizer? Confused
Or should I maybe wait until I have found a moisturizer that I am happy with?
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
You might try a light oil or combinations of same instead of a moisturizer. As I mentioned before, I use Every Lipid Serum before(or after) using the HF. This is it:

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=39

I'm not suggesting this would be appropriate for your skin - that is something you'll have to research.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, zoftig, I know. Unfortunately we are all different and it's all just trial and error. Sad

Oils are definitely most attractive to me. I've tried out Jojoba and Emu oil so far, both with little luck and am currently experimenting with Tamanu oil - which does not look too promising, to be honest. Next on the list is Hemp Oil.

The Every Lipid serum sounds great! Do you just use it like a moisturizer?
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I use only oils as a moisturizer and then only a drop or two to cover or you'd be an oil slick. Smile I alternate them with the ELS serum.

The oils you are trying are rather heavy but maybe that's what you like. My most favorite is argan which is very light but I also use avocado on occasion. I buy mine from Nature's Gift because of their high quality products. They have good information on their oils:
http://www.naturesgift.com/aromatherapycar_ord.htm
I also like Mountain Rose:
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/bulkoil/bulkoil.html

There are certainly other good suppliers, these are the ones I use.

Good luck hunting for your HG!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Zoftig, I will read through that.

I am looking for something for dry, yet blemish-prone skin. Quite the search, I tell you Sad
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, I was just wondering.. so when you use the gauze on a blemish, do you just cut out a tiny tiny piece to cover the blemish or a bigger piece? Can you still see okay then so you can be precise with the zapping or do you just sort of zap around the area?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Aaand, one more thing:

With what do you disinfect your electrodes before and after treatment?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Penta - the guaze I use is already small (1x1 or 2x2?) so there is no need to cut it. It's folded in 3 or 4 sections, so that works pretty well. I do find it hard to see where to place the wand, so that might be the driving reason why this method doesn't get used as often as it should.

I use a gauze section soaked in rubbing alcohol to disinfect the wand afterwards.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |