Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Stimpy, congrats on your pregnancy! Smile Always best to err on the side of caution and not use the device. When I was pregnant, I bought products from Sweetsation Therapy, totally natural and safe plus they smell divine. You may want to check them out.

Thu May 26, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you WhiteWolf! I'll check those products out.

I went off all the medication my derm had me one since we were TTC (for over a year.) I was getting down thinking I'd never get pregnant so I'm thrilled!

Of course my skin took a huge turn for the worse after I stopped the meds. The HF machine is the only thing that dramatically helped my acne. Oh why can't it be pregnancy safe? Razz Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky women that their skin actually improves during pregnancy.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
stimpy wrote:
Thanks Keliu! I'm pretty surprised that I'm pregnant, lol. I stopped using the machine right away. I just got super paranoid since I was using it so much.

Maybe it helped it to happen. Wink
Glad you stopped using it asap. Congratulations.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Derma Wand has come out with an updated version if anyone is interested. 168,000 cycles per second. I think the original is 100,000 cycles per second.

http://www.shopnbc.com/DermaWand_RHF_Oxygenating_Skin_System_w_Five_Piece_Skincare_Set_Cosmetic_Bags/C400246.aspx?storeid=1&cm_re=SearchList-_-N-_-N&page=LIST&prop=Today's%20Top%20Value|1973&catprop=1973&icid=HS1-_-TTV-_-PopImage

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I finally purchased a HF device from ebay but I have 2 questions:

-- how long do you use it on your face? 5 minutes, 10 minutes, longer?

-- how long do you use it for your hair?

TIA!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I do about 5 minutes on the face - never more than 10. And about 5 minutes on the scalp - until I can feel the tingling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:45 am      Reply with quote
5 minutes for me too! I have tried 10 minutes and felt that the skin become too dry.
Merrylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks to Keliu and Summer -- five minutes on my face and another 5 minutes on my scalp is a great guideline!

Now to just incorporate this into my skincare routine (I already use AALS, microcurrent, ultrasound, vaculifter, and Tanaka massage ... and the monthly deep dermaroll) Embarassed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Merrylass wrote:
Now to just incorporate this into my skincare routine (I already use AALS, microcurrent, ultrasound, vaculifter, and Tanaka massage ... and the monthly deep dermaroll) Embarassed

I know, all of this upkeep starts to take over your life! But that's the good thing about the HF wand - it's so quick. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Just had a visit from a friend I haven't seen for 18 months. Completely out of the blue she said, "Your hair looks thicker!" So maybe I'm not imagining that the HF device HAS thickened my hair slightly - I'm still running it over my scalp every morning.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Hello, all!
I purchased a 6 in 1 Multifunction machine from China as a birthday gift for my husband (HE's more concerned about his wrinkles than I am about mine... Laughing ), and of course, the instructions that came with it didn't tell me much...

So I've been web searching, and this site has come up again and again, and boy! Have I learned a LOT from you all! THANK YOU!

Some of the links provided in this thread gave me stuff to read, and I now know that D'Arsonval is the Russian brand name for "Violet Ray," or High Frequency, and I understand what each of the 7 glass attachments with my machine are for. I know not to use the HF for more than 10 minutes at a time, and thanks to you all, I'm now excited and prepared to use my new gadget - I'll be practicing on myself as well as the hubby, so as to get comfortable with all the things the machine can do.

In addition to the High Frequency, it has an LED 7 color massage light (like a LightStim), Ultrasonic, a Skin Scubber blade, Diamond Microdermabrasion, and a Hot/Cold hammer, so I'll be busy learning and practicing for quite awhile...Talk about "together time" with the hubby! Very Happy

The unit was $500 including shipping, and having now researched all the various parts trying to find instructions, I see how just a couple of the 6 functions could have easily set me back that much, so I'm tickled I got a good deal...I never would have imagined that fighting wrinkles would be such an expensive battle! Although it's the hubby's birthday gift, it's one I'll get to use, too, and with all the functions, hopefully we'll both see improvements!

I think if you can find a Professional multifunction unit (compared to the portable single function ones) at an affordable price, it's a better investment.

Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kizzle,
Can you share where you purchased your machine? Thanks!

Kizzle wrote:
I purchased a 6 in 1 Multifunction machine from China
The unit was $500 including shipping...
karmin

Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Professional Grade Portable High Frequency D'arsonval Facial Device
Sold by: SOUTHEAST AESTHETICS, LTD.CO.
Condition: new
Quantity: 1
$139.00 each
Item subtotal: $139.00

I got this on sale from amazon. It is a professional unit-200,000 hertz high frequency
It arrived friday and I have been using it 2xs a day for 5 minutes a session.

I had some bad breakouts from eating bad food at thanksgiving.
My skin is very sensitive to sugar and it always breaks me out but as we know it is hard to pass up during the holidays.

My skin is almost clear. It gets rid of the redness. I have been using it once a day on my scalp but I'm sure I will need to use it for several months for thicker hair. I got my highlites done on Saturday and told my hair stylist about it and when I return in a couple of months he will determine how well it is working.

I'm thrilled so far and my pores are looking smaller and I hope to be able to not have to wear heavy foundation in the near future. There is a website that sells an ebook on the medical health benefits it can be used for. I may look into buying that as well and I will update you all in the future on my results.
AnaGabi

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Omg really, i been reading this forum for 4 days, finally finished, well done to everyone that shared their experiences, very helpfull Smile i bought a wand as well, still waiting for it, but i dont think i need to read anything else about HF, am sold Smile and you know what, I paid $130, aus dolars, then 2 days later the device went to $500!! Am so happy i made the decision to buy, it almost sound like some miracle machine! Hope it imprves my skin too! I have mild acne that just never goes away, ever, my skin is never completely clear, its been a while so lets see what happens Smile also i have a question, it says to take all jewellery off (metal) when using it, i have hair extensions and its attached by this tiny lil metal beads, do you guys think its ok anyway to use the device? Also, i as well use retin-a at nyt before bed, am thinkin, cud i use it as a conductor to slide the bulb better or use it after? Is it even ok to use it after? Just wanna know you guys opinions as some ppl have being using the HF wand for a while now. Thank you so much Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:33 am      Reply with quote
AnaGabi wrote:
Omg really, i been reading this forum for 4 days, finally finished, well done to everyone that shared their experiences, very helpfull Smile i bought a wand as well, still waiting for it, but i dont think i need to read anything else about HF, am sold Smile and you know what, I paid $130, aus dolars, then 2 days later the device went to $500!! Am so happy i made the decision to buy, it almost sound like some miracle machine! Hope it imprves my skin too! I have mild acne that just never goes away, ever, my skin is never completely clear, its been a while so lets see what happens Smile also i have a question, it says to take all jewellery off (metal) when using it, i have hair extensions and its attached by this tiny lil metal beads, do you guys think its ok anyway to use the device? Also, i as well use retin-a at nyt before bed, am thinkin, cud i use it as a conductor to slide the bulb better or use it after? Is it even ok to use it after? Just wanna know you guys opinions as some ppl have being using the HF wand for a while now. Thank you so much Smile

I have never bothered to remove my jewellery and have never had a problem.

Don't use the device with Retin-A. Apply the Retin-A after the treatment.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much Keliu Smile
pinkpanther

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi forum,

First off thanks to everyone who shares information about these HF devices. After days of reading this thread, I decided to get the palacia HF device and received it yesterday, yay!!

I have some questions for the palacia owners:
1. do you always put the attachment directly on your face? and only zap(away from face) when treating acne?
2. i have a big pimple in the chin area and zapped it last night, didnt really see much difference. How long does it take to see improvement? Just want to make sure the device is working properly and i am doing it right.
3. how high do you set the frequency to? i suppose the higher the more effective? Will it cause adverse effects at the highest for starters?
4. i know everyone is different but about how long do you start seeing improvements on your overall skin?
5. i also ran the device on my shoulder/neck since i always have neck/shoulder pain. For those who use the device to treat arthritis type of issues, how many times does it take before getting relief?

Thanks for any guidance, crossing my finger this baby works!!
julie2010
5% products discount

Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

All this talk about HF and acne reduction/management has pushed me over the edge. I'm going to buy one stat, but I'd like to get some thoughts on a device I found on e-bay and amazon. It's called the Pro 2 in 1 High Frequency Ultrasonic Beauty Machine BM5 (Kendal). It's priced at $139 (US).

I can't post the link yet, but the info on the ebay page says:

* Intensity adjustable high frequency control system.
* With Pulsating & continuous ultrasonic wave length.
* Ultrasound strength can be adjusted.
* Two ultrasonic probes - one can be used in the area around eyes.
* Power supply 100-120V 60 Hz.
* Safety: CE certified.

I e-mailed the seller asking for specs, haven't heard from them yet. In the meantime, does anyone know what the 100-120V refers to? Is that the power in terms of frequency cycles, like the 200Hz on Palacia? If so, this machine would be on the weaker side?
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
julie2010 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

All this talk about HF and acne reduction/management has pushed me over the edge. I'm going to buy one stat, but I'd like to get some thoughts on a device I found on e-bay and amazon. It's called the Pro 2 in 1 High Frequency Ultrasonic Beauty Machine BM5 (Kendal). It's priced at $139 (US).

I can't post the link yet, but the info on the ebay page says:

* Intensity adjustable high frequency control system.
* With Pulsating & continuous ultrasonic wave length.
* Ultrasound strength can be adjusted.
* Two ultrasonic probes - one can be used in the area around eyes.
* Power supply 100-120V 60 Hz.
* Safety: CE certified.

I e-mailed the seller asking for specs, haven't heard from them yet. In the meantime, does anyone know what the 100-120V refers to? Is that the power in terms of frequency cycles, like the 200Hz on Palacia? If so, this machine would be on the weaker side?

In layman's terms, the "100-120 V, 60 Hz" refers to the amount of power you put into the device. Basically, it tells you which outlets you can plug your device into. Fortunately, like most everyday household appliances, you can plug the device into any standard outlet in the U.S.A. (but not in outlets in other countries).

So no, it has nothing to do with the potential of the machine. For that, you want to know the frequency (probably something like > 100,000 Hz) and the power (in Watts or milliWatts) that the device OUTPUTS. The frequency tells you "how fast" (how fast the electrical current in the device is oscillating) and the power tells you "how much" (how strong or how intense the energy given off by the device is).

The description you posted above does not tell you either the frequency or power of the device, so it's on the vague side.

Hope this helps Smile

5% products discount

Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Have been poring through this thread for a couple of days - so much great info! I found a HF device on ebay with the following tech specs, unfortunately I am a bit of a doofus at interperating it!
Can one of you "big kids" help me understand it? Very Happy

Specifications

At the output devise provides an electric signal in the form of pulse train with the following parameters:
pulse repetitionf requensy of 120+-10 Hz;
carrier frequency of 110+-50 kHz;
the amplitude value (8 kV, maximum) to the maximal one (from 16 to 25 kV)
The apparatus operates on mains of alternating current witha frequency of (60+-0.5) Hz and a voltage of 220 V
The root-men-square value of the current consumed by the apparatus on the mains does not exceed 1 A.
The settling time of the operating mode from the moment of swithing-on does not exceed 30 s.
Energizing of the device is accompanied by light indication.
The device provides continuous operation during 8 hours, maximum, witha subsequent interval of 30 min, minimum, in the repetitive short-term mode: operating time 20 min, pause 10 min.
Mass of the device together with the electrode is 0,85 kg.
Device overall dimensions:
oscillator body - 155*69*65 mm
transformer body - 170*50*50 mm
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you live? Do you live in the U.S., in Europe (which country), or else where? This device will run on the 220-240 V outlets that exist in Europe and a few other countries.

5% products discount

Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
I live in good ol' Oz so the 240 is good for me Smile Do you understand all that Htz, Khtz stuff? It's making me feel very uneducated just lookin at it Rolling Eyes
pinkpanther

Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, need some help!!

I have been using the palacia device for 3 days now, my face is a little irritated, itcy and red bumps. I have been using it in the morning and at nite for 5 minutes each session. Has anyone have that reaction?
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Except for a bit of dryness, I've not had any reactions to this at all, and my skin is way sensitive. Might be overly dry and resulting in irritation... Also, I never use mine twice a day, I maybe use it for five minutes three times a week. Twice a day seems like overkill. What topical are you using with this?

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ava for the reply!!

I have since reduced to once a day. I dont usually put any topical and just run the device right after cleansing. And then my skincare after. I did once run it after putting my skincare just to see what the difference is.

The problem is there is really not any instructions. How high should I set the frequency to? I did try different settings so does it mean the higher the frequency the dryer the skin will become?

Thanks again, it is disappointing everyone loves this device but for me, my skin looks worse than before i started using it. So I really appreciate any suggestion what i might be doing wrong.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |