Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi CookingKaty,

Thanks for your input! I have read that the HF device can cause the skin to become rather dry. By the way, have you only used your device on your face or have you tried it anywhere on your body?

I'd love help with the upper eye lift as well!

Hope you are enjoying all your devices...I think my next purchase is the AALS!!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Just want to chime in about the dryness-- I found that my skin began to appear *very* parched after I had been using my HF device for a while. But interestingly, it seems that this surface dryness is the old skin sloughing off (at an accelerated rate?) These days, it seems that my skin is better able to retain moisture & I have very few areas where I am flaky (around my nose mostly). I hope you eventually get the results you want from your HF device!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
That's helpful info, JLM. Thanks!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skindeep38, yes, I tried the device on my hand first!As I said earlier I was very nervous of putting it near my face, my over active imagination had visions of the wand exploding and glass embeded in my eye & face - with people
saying "she was so vain as to be trying out beauty devices , serves her right" Embarassed

I got the AALS, which came last week & have been using it daily - too many toys at once Confused new STOP & today diamond dermabrasion arrived (will wait until Sunday to play with that Wink )

The AALS seems to be making my skin softer, smoother, & despite highlighting my few pigmentation marks to start with (I felt sort of freckled after use), they now are fading.

I do love the toys, but fitting it all into each day, even with a logical rota set up, is difficult Rolling Eyes

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Katy,

You're cracking me up! I'm a bit nervous as well...that first time is the worst.

I bet with all those toys there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day... the good thing about the dermabrasion is that it's good to only do that every week or two.

I want to get the Flex Effect facial exercise program too. I see myself doing the AALS at night while watching TV...my poor husband...but he's great, he never gives me a hard time about my purchases!!

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
JlM - That is very helpful info. I will look out for that moisture retention occuring.

Also I wonder why it is around the nose that is flaking? One would think the cheeks would be the dry bits. Maybe because the device is not making our skin re-act as it would under normal cicumstances this is what happens, & long term, pores are clarified, tightened & reduced in size in these problem areas - oh me, too much excitement of things to come Laughing

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Skindeep you won't believe this, I ordered Flexeffect yesterday too Laughing My credit card is now lying in a darkened wallet with a cooling face flannel over its eyes, the last 10 days have put it into cardiac arrest Laughing

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh wow...that's funny!~ I have the Flex Effect budgeted for next month... I won't eat or have any new clothes...but darn it, I'll look good!! Laughing

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Tee-Hee! Laughing it is all good fun.

But......who can give directions for raisng up those upper eyes with the prof HF device? I want the look shown on the Derma-wand website, this should be achievable with the more powerful HF device. Come on girls, who can tell me how to do it?

Also, the HF says to glide over the skin for 5 minutes or so. I applied my serum first, & did this, but I think some of you HF device veterans could maybe give some details of what you actually do when using it, that would be really helpful. Many thanks, Katy.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
With regard to using HF after IPL - I would leave it for a week or so. I've had numerous IPL treatments and they tend to leave my skin very red, burning and swollen. I usually come home and apply ice packs. I think doing a HF treatment on top of that would be quite irritating. Better to let the effects of the IPL settle down first. Once all the redness has gone though, I would give it a try to see if it helps with the swelling (if you have it).

For the eye lifting - on the DermaWand videos they show the device being used in an upward motion on the forehead and then being held just underneath the eyebrow (in one spot) for a few seconds with a slight lifting motion. Have a look on Youtube - there might be some demonstrations there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:

But......who can give directions for raisng up those upper eyes with the prof HF device? I want the look shown on the Derma-wand website, this should be achievable with the more powerful HF device. Come on girls, who can tell me how to do it.

CK I saw that lifting of the brow demonstrated on TV a number of years ago and it was the main reason I ordered! I have tried to replicate those results, even doing the one eye and not the other to no avail! Maybe it's me but it has never worked on my one lifting issue I really would love to tackle. Sorry, maybe someone has had results with this but it just didn't work for me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:

But......who can give directions for raisng up those upper eyes with the prof HF device? I want the look shown on the Derma-wand website, this should be achievable with the more powerful HF device. Come on girls, who can tell me how to do it?

Also, the HF says to glide over the skin for 5 minutes or so. I applied my serum first, & did this, but I think some of you HF device veterans could maybe give some details of what you actually do when using it, that would be really helpful. Many thanks, Katy.

Hi Katy,

You know, given our individual skin issues, you'll probably have to do a little playing around to find out what works best for you re: indirect or direct HF treatment.

I'm still relatively new at the HF device myself, but it seems that using it on bare skin works best for me, even though my skin is *super* dry afterwards. When I put on my serums & moisturizer, all the surface dryness goes away & my skin actually looks pretty good!

I would actually *prefer* to use an oil or serum, as I find that the HF device glides around much easier on my skin, but it seems that I'm prone to blackheads when I do this. Perhaps it's the stuff I'm using (hempseed oil, vit C serum) but for now, I want to get my skin in good shape before I start experimenting again.

(My 6 yr old son likes my HF device-- "Cool! It's like a little light saber!" he says.)

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Girls, thank you for your help, advice & suggestions. I will look into the YouTube video, experiment & report back, hopefully typing with very well raised eyebrows Laughing

I will also try using the HF device without serum, but the instructions on the Jellen site did say to apply your favourite serum FIRST for anti-aging treatment. While acne suffers should apply their potions AFTER treatment.

I used direct & indirect zapping on a small area of raised skin (heading for a wart type bump I think) the machine certainly behaved differently doing this, I had a distinct feeling it was indeed "killing" it. It would be great if that worked, as I have about 3 of these. I noted that someone earlier in the thread mentioned disappearing warts.We are all trying to achieve that smooth skinned look of youth, so anything to eradicate bumps would be great. As I scar badly there is no way I would have these cut off, fortunately they are very tiny - at present.

Does anyone else get a kind of metallic taste in their mouth after using the HF? I am very conscious of this now as I have my morning coffee, having used the HF about one & a half hours ago. It does not bother me, it will dissipate, as it did yesterday, but I am curious if it is just me.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:34 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Does anyone else get a kind of metallic taste in their mouth after using the HF? I am very conscious of this now as I have my morning coffee, having used the HF about one & a half hours ago. It does not bother me, it will dissipate, as it did yesterday, but I am curious if it is just me.

No, I have never noticed a metallic taste with HF - but I have when using microcurrent. Confused

BTW, it was me who had success with killing the warts with HF - so keep at it. It does take a little while.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
BTW, it was me who had success with killing the warts with HF - so keep at it. It does take a little while.

Did you feel the machine zapped differently on your warts? There was a definite & different sound & behaviour from the HF when I went over my bump.

I look forward to it disappearing. Did yours just get smaller/shrink or physically drop off Shock ?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
Did you feel the machine zapped differently on your warts? There was a definite & different sound & behaviour from the HF when I went over my bump.

I look forward to it disappearing. Did yours just get smaller/shrink or physically drop off Shock ?

I hold the device over the wart then raise it slightly to create the zapping. It can start to feel like a burning sensation if you do this long enough. The wart just eventually drys up. I also pick at it - of course!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Tee-Hee Laughing I am sure the picking bit is highly scientific & an important part of the "get-rid" process Laughing

Yes, I held the HF over the bump too, then zapped up & down, I will do this longer next time, you hav emade me feel braver.

I'm still getting this metallic taste in my mouth after using the HF.

I do have some amalgam fillings.

Query? If you are to remove all metal jewelery & anything else metal before using the HF/Derma Wand, what about metal fillings?

I am still using the HF machine on very low, really just as you switch it on without increasing the strength at all - hope I don't blow up my fillings as I progress in use & strength of frequency

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I used my HF device again later today after watching the YouTube video Keliu suggested. They did not zap on the video but used a gliding action around the lower eye, then held it above the eye on the brow bone to achieve lift. I tried this & it did lift my eyes up Very Happy , I will play more tomorrow, as I had some make-up on & could not fully experiment.

I did spend longer on my left eye, than my right, it def looks higher, I feel quite young & perky now, & cannot stop admiring my new look in the mirror Laughing This is not just from the HF but also my return to Tua Viso use & my face exercises, additionally new use of the AALS & yes, I even started with STOP last week too, it all seems to be coming togther nicely Cool

Can anyone tell me how to insert a picture? I could show you my lifted right brow.

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
With regard to using HF after IPL - I would leave it for a week or so. I've had numerous IPL treatments and they tend to leave my skin very red, burning and swollen. I usually come home and apply ice packs. I think doing a HF treatment on top of that would be quite irritating. Better to let the effects of the IPL settle down first. Once all the redness has gone though, I would give it a try to see if it helps with the swelling (if you have it).

For the eye lifting - on the DermaWand videos they show the device being used in an upward motion on the forehead and then being held just underneath the eyebrow (in one spot) for a few seconds with a slight lifting motion. Have a look on Youtube - there might be some demonstrations there.

Thanks for the advice Keliu. I experience mild swelling and redness too so I would definitely not use the HF right after...but was hoping I could use maybe a couple weeks later..even a month later and in between my appts...definitely don't want to do anything to jeopardize my face heeling..

One note on using ice packs after IPL. I had never done that before but this last time I did it b/c I was worried about swelling before the holidays. I got kind of a permanent discoloration of a white patch on my cheek...almost like I held the ice on too long so just be careful~

foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
I'm still getting this metallic taste in my mouth after using the HF.

I do have some amalgam fillings.

Query? If you are to remove all metal jewelery & anything else metal before using the HF/Derma Wand, what about metal fillings? Confused

I am still using the HF machine on very low, really just as you switch it on without increasing the strength at all - hope I don't blow up my fillings as I progress in use & strength of frequency Shock

I can tell when I am going over those fillings or crowns in my mouth with my Dermawand (one in particular that has a root canal) Definitely don't like it, but what can you do about it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Gee, I never associated the metallic taste in my mouth using my HF device with having fillings. I just thought it was that ozone smell at work?

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Aah! ha! someone else with a metallic taste, glad I am not imagining this all on my own-ee-oh.

Hi Foxe. I know the feeling you mean that happens in your teeth. Sometimes when using my Tua Viso this happens, but I just move it slightly to another "off spot", but this is not what I am describing from the HF machine. I do not get this lasting metallic taste from the Tua Viso, this seems to be something generated from the HF machine's use, it lasts for many hours. I do not feel anything in my teeth whilst using it, so not at all like using the Tua Viso on "the wrong spot" - no zapping in the teeth or roots at all, just this annoying metallic after-taste, a short while after use, which I actually thought was not a problem at the start, but now I am thinking maybe it is.

I also think I am getting a dull headache on the top left side of my head after use too. Oh brother Rolling Eyes I am not normally afflicted by things like this - I am a healthy specimen that is affected by very little. I would be pooh-poohing someone else complaining of such a thing. Perhaps I have a very sensitive palate being so involved with food as I am.

Well, all I can say is, the HF machine had better produce brilliantly spectacular results for me to keep on with it, either that or I will need to hypnotise myself into believing I can put up with a metallic flavour in my mouth (not great for a foodie person Sad ) & headache Rolling Eyes

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
As I said before, the metallic taste in the mouth is common with using microcurrent - and, as far as I know, it's not harmful. In fact, it's an indication of the device working properly. But I don't know why you're experiencing this with HF. I definitely don't notice it - and I use the device on the highest setting. It also doesn't bother my teeth, and I have a mouth full of crowns and implants.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu, its helpful to know you are not affected by the metallic taste & are using the device on high, I feel a bit braver about turning it up some more.

I have held off using it for a few days, but will get back to it & try again, perhaps the taste will reduce the more I use it.

Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
HI, I've had my DW for a while now. I put it away, but now I'm using it again. I've read some of your comments about Jellen High Freq. Machine/tool. Is it that much better than regular DW? Thank you. Smile

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |