Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, I've had my DW for a while now. I put it away, but now I'm using it again. I've read some of your comments about Jellen High Freq. Machine/tool. Is it that much better than regular DW? Thank you. Smile

Hi Mars,

I feel that my professional HF device is *vastly* superior to the DW. To me, they're hardly even the same type of machine. I have both-- I purchased my DW first and would have liked *not* to have spent more money on another device, but it has been totally worth it for me. If it helps any, the HF device from Palacia Skincare is a few bucks cheaper than the one from Jellen, but they appear to be the same thing.

Acne is not a problem for me anymore, which is what I expected the HF device to do, but 2 things I did *not* expect is how much more *refined* the texture of my skin looks. The pores around my nose are really tightening up!

I still can't figure out how this thing works to improve my skin, but I experienced a lot of sloughing off of the top layers, especially in the beginning (lots of flakies). No problem with that anymore, and my skin really seems very receptive to anything I put on it.

I wish I could report on how effective the HF machine has been on my *stubborn* hyperpigmentation, but I am also using lemon peel bioferment as well as other things-- so although the spots are fading (so exciting!), I can't say exactly what I should attribute the fading to.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, JLM for your response. I'm looking to tighten up and lift. You can see in my sigy that I use several tools. I'm a good bit older than you, too. However, I'm really tempted. I've seen on the Jellen site the HF tool is on sale. Cool

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
My HF device from palacia arrived today but I need to get a step down converter. Very Happy

Oh was the glass electrode like totally clean? Mine has scratches and a weird sticky residue, like there was a sticker pasted over it and removed thereafter.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi faeriedust,

That is so weird about your electrode! Yes, absolutely, mine was clean! (Also from Palacia.) Perhaps you should email them, just to see what they have to say?

And good luck with the HF device! I am really *so* happy with mine, I hope it works out for you too!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Faeriedust, my palacia device was identical to yours. just put some toning lotion on a cotton wool pad and it cleans off with that. The small scratches etc are merely from manufacturing & nothing to worry about.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hey how do you know if it's functioning properly? Only the narrow tube turns orange not the part where you make in contact with the skin. When you use it, do you touch the skin or close to the skin?
I just tried it and the zapping sound is scaring me and there's a slight sensation on my skin. Oh and the smell is urgh. Gosh this is device is quite scary.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
That is correct. The inner glow goes up the centre of the tubes. You can use indirect & direct contact.

By holding the tube a few millimetres off the skin you can zap spots & bumps, experiment & you will see. If you use a magnifying mirror whilst doing this, you can actualy see the charge going from the probe tip across the gap & onto the skin, a bit light fork lightening. Yes, it is a bit scary to begin with, but you will gain confidence as you use the machine & practice different approaches.

Direct contact is when you hold the device against your skin and zigzag all over the surface of your face, the mushroom head is good for this.

Look on:

http://www.jellenproducts.com/High-Frequency-Wand-Machines-s/22.htm

for the HF device, they have a good section on how to use it.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Last night I used my DW for about 15 minutes. Wow, did it smell bad! Shock I was in the bedroom. When my husband came in he asked what "that smell" was. That's the first time I've use my DW for that length of time. Stinky!
Very close to ordering the Palacia HF device. I see their ultrasound massager is supposed to help lift. I emailed them and asked for a recommendation as to which device would be most effective for lifting. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Please, users of the High frecuency device, could you tell me where your unit have been manufactured (as stated in the product)?

If my suspicions are right you won't believe what I have found.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:
Please, users of the High frecuency device, could you tell me where your unit have been manufactured (as stated in the product)?

Yikes Zenity, what did you find? My HF device was manufactured in Taiwan.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Zenity wrote:

Yes, the Palacia device is manufactured in Taiwan. There are a zillion cheaper high frequency wands out there, some are manufactured in China and the Ukraine. But the thing to look for is the rate of hertz the device cycles at - this is the indication of its power. So far, in all my research, the only ones to have a power of 200,000 htz are the Palacia and Jellen devices (which although priced differently look to be identical).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Zenity wrote:

Yes, the Palacia device is manufactured in Taiwan. There are a zillion cheaper high frequency wands out there, some are manufactured in China and the Ukraine. But the thing to look for is the rate of hertz the device cycles at - this is the indication of its power. So far, in all my research, the only ones to have a power of 200,000 htz are the Palacia and Jellen devices (which although priced differently look to be identical).

Whew! Is that what her suspicions were about? I thought she was going to say that the device was made from human body parts or something! Anyway, I'm very happy with my HF device from Palacia. I think it's just done a near-miraculous job on my skin. Though I feel that I can't speak to whether it would be effective for "lifting", I would highly recommend it for "retexturizing" the surface-- bumps, acne, large pores, etc. (And possibly, though I'm not 100% sure, helping to get rid of hyperpigmentation.)

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Well I don't know if that was what she was referring to, I just presumed!

But I totally agree with you about the resurfacing - my vote is still out on the lifting though.

An update on my neck problem. If you remember, I read that HF can help with arthritis, so I thought I'd have a go at treating my problem neck. I've been using the comb attachment on my scalp and afterwards, I run it up and down the left side of my neck. There has been a massive improvement as I can now fully turn my head to the left. Before, I had very limited movement.

Now, of course, this could be coincidental, but I fully intend to keep on keeping on with this treatment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
How long does it take for your zit to disappear with the HF device? I've been using it for about 3 days and 2 times a day on my zit. It's still there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
How long does it take for your zit to disappear with the HF device? I've been using it for about 3 days and 2 times a day on my zit. It's still there.

The HF will kill the bacteria and the zit will eventually dry up. It's just a matter of how long the healing process takes, but the HF should speed that up as well. You could try using it more frequently throughout the day, if possible.

Are you holding the device slightly above the skin to cause the zapping effect?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I use the mushroom head all over my skin. But Im not sure how long I should use it? It says we shouldnt use for too long. Then I use the smaller one to zap. I dont hold it above for very long though. What's the recommended time?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I use the mushroom head all over my skin. But Im not sure how long I should use it? It says we shouldnt use for too long. Then I use the smaller one to zap. I dont hold it above for very long though. What's the recommended time?

Treat the whole face with the mushroom head for around five minutes moving the head in a zigzag motion. Finnish up with upward strokes. With the narrow head, first place it on the blemish then raise it up slightly to zap, then count to five - do this five or six times.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your contact! The devices we would recommend for lifting is the ES-330 FaceMate Ultrasound Massager as in the link below:
http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ES330%5FFACEMATE%5FULTRASOUND

And the other one is called eZZi-Lift Microcurrent as shown below:
http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=eZZi%2Dlift%2Dmicrocurrent%2Dlifting
Please click on "Instruction" next to "Description" to learn more about the machine, this machine is quite expensive, yet very effective in lifting the skin. There are detail images available in the "Instruction" page as well.

The High Frequency is mainly designed for acne skin, although it has skin rejuvenation effect, but is designed for someone with dull skin tone and poor complexion, it does not particularly work for facial lifting.

Hope this helps, and please feel free to email us if you have any other quesiton.

Best Regards:
Charllene Wang
Licensed Esthetician

Hi, Everyone, Here is the response to a question I asked about which device would be most beneficial for lifting.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mars, after you PM'd me, I had a look at these on the Palacia site. I am thinking "interesting". I hope no more credit card trauma is about to strike. I'll do some R&R (reading & research Laughing ) on all of this.

Now.....just how many hours are in a day to do all these face rejuvenation treatments & exercise? mmmmmmmm

JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:

Yes, I agree with Keliu's advice. Also, I use the small stick attachment to focus on the zit & "spark" with the HF device for about a minute or so, 2x/day. Existing zits cleared up very quickly this way, in about 3 days or so. Now I have none-- yay! Maybe the device killed off all the bad bacteria lurking on my skin.

(Now the next test will be whether I can cut back to using the HF device to just 1x/ day and still maintain clear skin. I've been using it right after doing the Tanaka massage to head off any breakouts, which I've been doing 2x/day.)

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
What do y'all make of these "dangers" associated with the ozone generated from our HF devices?

http://dolinktome.com/browse/85250/ozone-melbourne-dermatology-skin-care.cnet

Why is there always a fly in the ointment, especially when I like something?... Crying or Very sad

Is anybody who is using this with oxygen sensitive topicals finding a decline in the condition of their skin with long term use?

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:

Now.....just how many hours are in a day to do all these face rejuvenation treatments & exercise? mmmmmmmm

That is MY problem! In addition to the Dermawand, I also have the AALS, Ezzi-Peel, Dermaroller, and just ordered the Safetox!!

Just where do I fit it all in???

As a side note - I was very happy to read Palacia's description of high frequency and that they recommend it for acne/oily skin. That was the main reason I bought mine, but the lifting effect it also has comes in handy once in a while (I don't spend the time to do that unless it's a special occasion). The lift you get from the Dermawand doesn't last very long.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
What do y'all make of these "dangers" associated with the ozone generated from our HF devices?

http://dolinktome.com/browse/85250/ozone-melbourne-dermatology-skin-care.cnet

Why is there always a fly in the ointment, especially when I like something?... Crying or Very sad

Is anybody who is using this with oxygen sensitive topicals finding a decline in the condition of their skin with long term use?

I don't think I care for that website much - not very trust worthy to me. (Too many ads and only a 3 inch high screen to read from??) I clicked on some other things and it seemed pretty opinionated.

But, on the subject of ozone that they warn against - I thought I had read somewhere that the ozone created by the Dermawand or Palacia was of little concern?? Can't remember where I read that (may have to try to dig that up) I do try to not inhale it when I'm treating my upper lip, though (just for precaution)

What topicals are oxygen sensitive?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
We had a fairly in-depth discussion on the safety of High Frequency earlier in the thread - where you will find various links to articles on the benefits of ozone therapy and explanations on how it actually works. I think JLM researched this very thoroughly and came away confident in the treatment's effectiveness. For myself, I take comfort in the fact that this is one of the oldest treatments around and has been used for both cosmetic and medical applications for about one hundred years or more.

Kassy, the link you posted discusses ozone in the atmosphere so I don't think it applies to
HF treatments.

I don't use oxygenated creams so I can't comment on those. However, I'm really liking using the device with oils.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

The discussion on this thread about ozone that's generated by the DW & other HF devices is on page 1-2. Also, you might want to take a look at this study on how ozone affects the skin, which I posted earlier.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/518529_2

While the study's results appear quite mixed, the conclusion I've drawn is that ozone in fact stimulates a healing response in the skin. However, I'm not a scientist, and others may have a more valid interpretation.

Also, it *sounds* pretty awful that these HF devices generate ozone, which in turn *does* lead to the creation free radicals. However, after doing some looking into the matter, my understanding is this-- not all free radicals are bad. (Heresy, I know! Or I should say, oxygen is perhaps an exception.)

Free radicals are molecules or atoms with unpaired electrons. Ozone, which is highly unstable (O3) will quickly degrade to O2 molecule and an O- atom.

Singlet oxygen O- is a highly reactive free radical that acts as a scavenger of other free radicals. The oxygen reacts with them to render them harmless, thereby protecting cells from damage. Healthy cells have an enzyme coating around them that protects them from the action of oxygen. These enzymes are catalase, reductase, super-oxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase. Disease microbes have no such coating and are therefore destroyed by oxygen.

(The above is taken from http://www.falconblanco.com/health/ozone/oz.htm#3)

Being around ozone might not be such a good idea for those with impaired lung function or asthma, but otherwise, there are few epidemiological studies on the chronic effects of ozone on human health. A site that summarizes studies done on the effects of ozone on human health is below:

http://www.greenfacts.org/en/ozone-o3/index.htm#2

Hope this helps!

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |