Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Keliu,

I wish you'd start a thread on your HF gadget. I'm having to hunt all over the place for the posts on it. I'm seriously considering it but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Skippie - well, this is the thread!! Although this thread is about the DermaWand, we kind of graduated to the HF wand half way through - and because they're basically the same principle, I don't think it's necessary to start a new thread. The professional HF wand is just more powerful than the DermaWand.

Here is the device many of us are using:

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HIGH-FREQUENCY-MACHINE

There are other devices, basically known as Violet Ray Wands or D'Arsonval Wands, but they're the same technology. From my research, I determined that the Palacia device was the most powerful - but there are other less powerful devices that are cheaper.

Toby - I'm obsessed with it!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Keliu,

I wish you'd start a thread on your HF gadget. I'm having to hunt all over the place for the posts on it. I'm seriously considering it but haven't taken the plunge yet.

Skippie - well, this is the thread!! Although this thread is about the DermaWand, we kind of graduated to the HF wand half way through - and because they're basically the same principle, I don't think it's necessary to start a new thread. The professional HF wand is just more powerful than the DermaWand.

Here is the device many of us are using:

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HIGH-FREQUENCY-MACHINE

There are other devices, basically known as Violet Ray Wands or D'Arsonval Wands, but they're the same technology. From my research, I determined that the Palacia device was the most powerful - but there are other less powerful devices that are cheaper.

Toby - I'm obsessed with it!!!

Well maybe if I'd just go ahead and buy it, I wouldn't have to hunt anymore. Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, is there any particular advice you are hunting for?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skippie, is there any particular advice you are hunting for?

Nothing specifically - I just wanted to read everything about it. I wasn't following this thread at all, because I wasn't interested in the Dermawand. But I saw you mentioned the HF gadget on the CP thread and then looked for a thread on it. I then had to read backwards through this thread once I discovered it for all the information.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I then had to read backwards through this thread once I discovered it for all the information.

Well that's probably the best approach! Because most of the later posts are about the Palacia HF device. Also, do some research (Google) on the Violet Ray - it's all very interesting.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,
I wouldn't be surprised if the machine is not giving you benefits way beyond the skin from what is said about the violet ray through the years!!!Hey that is icing on the cake!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Keliu,
I wouldn't be surprised if the machine is not giving you benefits way beyond the skin from what is said about the violet ray through the years!!!Hey that is icing on the cake!

Exactly, it's like a holistic magic wand! And I love that it has this history of use in the medical field.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Update on HF Device

I am now able to use the mushroom head on full power, this is quite impossible with the probe head, (used for zapping spots, bumps, tags etc), it would be too strong for me. Here are my findings on the uses of the Palacia High frequency device with 3 attachments (probe, mushroom & hair comb):

Lifting of Sag/Eye Area

After initially thinking a lift of the eyebrows had been achieved I am not so sure. (Having gone about the use of STOP, LightStim, HF & Timepeel in a completely unscientific manner by buying them all virtually at once & then starting to use them all about the same time). I am a Tua Viso user (2 units for speed) & find great lift from that, perhaps TV plus STOP were more responsible for the lift I mistakenly thought HF had achieved initially.

I have tried every conceivable action to lift my face with the HF device, but do not think this possible......except for the outer half of my eyebrows. On full power, when I run the mushroom head over the forehead in a direct vertical line above the outer eye corner a muscle springs into action in the forehead, I can feel muscle action quite clearly, this does not happen anywhere else on the face, where there is but a mild tingle. Conclusion: HF device for lifting.... unlikely...... effects can probably be better achieved with TV, this is true for me anyway, perhaps different for others.

Spots

Using the probe & indirect method, spots can indeed be obliterated/burned/zapped to death, but I feel that the red mark left for many days after this, is greater than if the spot had been left alone to start with, & this outweighs this means of attack for me. I am not a spot suffer, they are a rare occurrence for me now in my fifties. (Using the STOP caused outbreaks, but now I do not use the AFTER cream, & this has ceased, so some reaction me thinks to the cream, not the STOP). Conclusion: for an acneic skin the overall “disinfecting” ability is probably great. One must also consider that the action of sweeping the mushroom head daily over the face for refining purposes is also acting as a disinfectant & possibly/probably preventative in the occurrence of outbreaks.

Refining of the skin

10 out of 10. A daily 5 minutes wand waving with the mushroom head can achieve closed pores right before your very eyes. I do not suffer from blackheads, but have a few very minute ones on my nose, I am also an avid 12x magnification mirror user, & check for possible squeezings daily (this does sound disgusting). I was therefore shocked a few days ago to find that having used the device on full power for the first time ever, that there were some tiny worms poking out of the groove that start the nose wing area, these were quite clearly tiny stalks of sebum. If you can imagine the nose pore strips that can be applied to the nose, when you pull them off & examine them (come on, admit it, don’t you just love looking at that strip held up to the light) there is a tiny forest of spikes; well this is what came out of my nose grooves after the HF use.

All over my cheeks the pores look so closed & refined after a session. I also have 2 enlarged pores on one cheek which I have been zapping with the probe but cannot report that these have refined in any way, but the vote is still out on this, I have had them for over 30 years since some slob kissed me on the cheek one Hogmanay & caused some sort of ghastly outbreak, so I do not expect them to pack their bags & go too quickly either, reports on this still to come as it is an ongoing project. Conclusion: first class gadget for refining NORMAL pores & the nose area.

Lumps, Bumps, Warts, Milia & Tags

I am hugely impressed with the probe head for zapping these with the indirect method. It takes time, by that I mean daily short attack sessions, but my 2 bumps are withering, for lack of a better word. Additionally, two milia below the left eye are all but gone. Conclusion: 10 out of 10.

Skin Sloughing

I have not had any effect of the top layer of skin flaking off, although many other users have.

General

One negative, here in the UK, the step-down transformer used to allow this product (America ) to work on our UK 240 volts system, is a huge piece of kit which weighs a ton, there is no way I could travel with it, so, disappointing ly it cannot come away with me. This is not the end of the world, but I thought should point it out.
I will keep you posted.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy - great review. Some of the things your HF device does falls into the Dermawands benefits/downfalls as well.

I find the Dermawand does not provide much of a lift for me, so I tend to not do those exercises unless I am going out somewhere special. THe lift only lasts for a short time and I see more of one on the brow than the N/L's.

I did find it to peel in the beginning of use - say the first week. I no longer see that.

I did see a bit of refinment on pore size, but not as much as you. I find it amazing that you saw the worms pop right out of your pores. I would love to see that happen on a few of mine. I do think I keep mine fairly cleaned out with Retin A and occasional BHA. I just have such oily skin that the pores are large anyway.

I do use the Dermawand for the overall disinfecting ability it has and for spot treating pimples. It works great for that. I have not tried it on any other spots (a couple of skintags), but may now.

Too bad you can't travel with your HF. I love the size of the Dermawand - it can travel well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hey
I'm having good results with the HF device too. I didnt have any major zits during my recent period but I do still have some clogged pores. I havent noticed my pores become refined though. They only look temporily tightened after using the device but it's because it kinda dried out my skin. I have some flaking when I run the probes longer over my skin. Like you I also think that it doesnt help to remove the red marks after the zit dries. If only it can remove everything such that it looks like there wasnt a zit to begin with!
My country uses the same voltage as you but my step down transformer isnt that huge like yours. It is definitely portable. Mine is called a dual voltage converter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:34 am      Reply with quote
My transformer is small too - about double the size of a double adaptor so it's quite portable.

Great review Cooking Katy - I haven't had any success with lifting with the HF either, but then I haven't had any success with lifting with anything, even the Tua Viso.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Well what do you know, hardly finished posting my update on the HF & have another update today.

Just in from a whole day in the garden in my bikini - can you believe it? this early in April in Scotland Shock Face has been slathered in thick Decleor sunblock (just love that ghostly ghoul look which white sunscreen gives, so attractive, & really makes ones teeth look decidedly yellow next to it too) any road, scrubbed off white sunblock with Clarisonic & hey I'm sloughing off skin.

So, UPDATE....... HF on high DOES slough skin. It must have required a few days on full whack to achieve this. I am a butterfly emerging from the pupae or should that be I am a chrysalis Laughing

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Really nice review Cooking Katy! I'm glad to hear that your skin is doing well with the HF device.

It's interesting-- I've *only* used my HF device on the highest setting (I suppose I think doing this will maximize the benefits, although of course this reasoning is *not* exactly logical!) Rolling Eyes However, while doing this dried out my skin in the beginning, say for the first 2 weeks or so, I think my skin has adapted and is no longer peeling & flaking-- in fact, it looks plump & is able to retain moisture well. My non-scientific guess is that the "weak" skin has been sloughed off & revealed the healthy skin beneath.

I also use the probe head on the highest setting to zap any zits. While it seems that I no longer get the cystic kind anymore, I *have* gotten a couple of the regular kind (like 1 or 2) on my chin during that time of my cycle. For me, what will happen is that the zit gets raw, might even scab over, but it heals very quickly and there is no brown mark afterwards. It *does* get a little pink, but it quickly turns back into regular skin. In my case, I prefer having a little scabbing rather than having a zit that I know will leave a brown mark.

What setting does everyone use their HF device on?

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
What setting does everyone use their HF device on?

High! Razz I'm definitely a "no pain, no gain" kind of girl!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I dont dare to on the highest setting. It's even before the halfway mark of the dial. lol.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering... has anyone noticed that the color of their complexion has changed somewhat since using their HF device? My complexion seems to have become darker or more sallow. (Sometimes in bright natural light it appears greenish!) Normally I'm about an NC30 in MAC-- right now I'd say I'm about an NC35-40, and this is despite staying out of the sun and using sunscreen everyday!

I *do* suspect that it's the HF device that's causing this, although I've been doing quite a few things to my skin, so I wouldn't rule them out either, specifically adding copper peptides to my skincare and adding a few supplements to my diet (SAM-e & evening primrose oil.)

I use the HF device everyday on the highest setting for between 3-5 minutes. I've noticed that my skin seemed darker when I used the device 2x/ day and has lightened somewhat since backing off to 1x/ day. I've read that using the HF device causes an erythema to the skin-- a redness caused by increased blood flow, so perhaps this is the cause of the darkening? I think I will try backing down to using the HF device to 1x/ week and see what happens.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I have found the opposite,my skin has become very even & consequently paler in tone, but I put this down to the use of the LightStim in conjunction with the HF, so I cannot report any colour change in me from HF use.

My chemistry knowledge would say to look closely at the copper peptides -green is the colour you get from copper anytime it is doing anything peculiar, think water pipes reacting with acidic water etc. Have you looked at the thread on copper peptides in case anyone there reported this green tinge issue?

I am sure the problem can be resolved once you find what the culprit of the reaction is, I don't think it will be the HF in isolation but a combo of things.

HTH. Cooking Katy.

JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply Katy! You know, it's strange, although my skin is very even textured & smooth looking, it's the *tone* that seems somewhat off-- almost waxy looking. Yes, I *do* wonder if it's the copper peptides at work here, but I noticed the skintone changes *before* I started up with them-- however it could be that those prior skintone changes were more due to using the HF device 2x/ day, and the skintone changes I'm seeing now are perhaps due to a combination of using the HF device 1x/ day *plus* copper peptides.

Urgh, it's hard to find a combination that works *just* right! I'm still going to lay off the HF device for a few days & see what happens.

But I'm glad to hear that your skin is looking good!

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
I've got a derma wand which I have never really used consistently, but after reading this thread, I'm going to now. I am going to order one of the higher frequency machines on hubby's payday (and going to go for the same one Cooking Katy suggests) as I think that will be awesome!!

Am so excited!
Zenity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 am      Reply with quote
LMFO!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Human parts... LOVE IT! but considering what is made of better said "human gas" Bad Grin

I stumbled upon this thread accidentally while I was in contact with a company from china to provide certain units for analisys purposes and found HF units there. Got my research and they were quite similar to the ones you are talking here except for the prices... Ridiculous....
I did want to order one to test but finally they have not been able to provide the main units I was interested on and no bussiness closed. End of the story.
My "findings" would have been fantastic for anyone who wanted a HF machine for a fraction of price. AFTER passing the test to make sure it was the same quality of what are you talking about here...
But that chance is now gone as they do not sell retail. Sad

JLM wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Zenity wrote:
Please, users of the High frecuency device, could you tell me where your unit have been manufactured (as stated in the product)?

If my suspicions are right you won't believe what I have found.

Yes, the Palacia device is manufactured in Taiwan. There are a zillion cheaper high frequency wands out there, some are manufactured in China and the Ukraine. But the thing to look for is the rate of hertz the device cycles at - this is the indication of its power. So far, in all my research, the only ones to have a power of 200,000 htz are the Palacia and Jellen devices (which although priced differently look to be identical).

Whew! Is that what her suspicions were about? I thought she was going to say that the device was made from human body parts or something! Anyway, I'm very happy with my HF device from Palacia. I think it's just done a near-miraculous job on my skin. Though I feel that I can't speak to whether it would be effective for "lifting", I would highly recommend it for "retexturizing" the surface-- bumps, acne, large pores, etc. (And possibly, though I'm not 100% sure, helping to get rid of hyperpigmentation.)
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:10 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I've got a derma wand which I have never really used consistently, but after reading this thread, I'm going to now. I am going to order one of the higher frequency machines on hubby's payday (and going to go for the same one Cooking Katy suggests) as I think that will be awesome!!
Am so excited!"

Gosh...... I am not the one to give credit to for the HF info, it is Keliu who had the device & suggested purchase from Palacia to me, so Keliu is the driving force behind us all knowing about this excellent gadget. All thanks to Keliu

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Definitely thanks to Keliu too - but if it wasn't for your post, I have to confess I wouldn't have started investigating the HF, so I think you deserve ar ound of applause too!
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my HF device for primarily zapping pimples. I plan on using it more in the coming months...

Anways, my husband and I joke that he gets a semi-annual pimple ( I hate him..mine are monthly and then some Crying or Very sad ) so he let me zap his and it was gone in 2 days... It's definitely helping mine as well. They don't get any worse and are dried up within a few days. I look forward to using this tool more!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Any of you use HF on your scalp? I've been using it religiously twice a day and I think it helps to reduce my hairloss. I noticed I dont drop as much hair as before but I dont think it helps my hair to grow back. Im also using folligen spray.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:44 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Any of you use HF on your scalp? I've been using it religiously twice a day and I think it helps to reduce my hairloss. I noticed I dont drop as much hair as before but I dont think it helps my hair to grow back. Im also using folligen spray.

I'm doing the scalp treatments. It's completely cured my dermatitis and itchy scalp. Can't say anything about hair loss or hair growth though.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |