Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:56 am      Reply with quote
xandria wrote:
Does anyone here own the D'arsonval High Frequency Device? I'm considering purchasing this for not only skincare use but for medical purposes as well. If you own one please let me know how you like it. Any other information you can provide would be great as well. I found one on ebay that I'm considering. Thank you! Very Happy

LOL, Those are the 5 I ordered! I just got conformation they shipped out so I will be reviewing in a few weeks. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
xandria wrote:
Does anyone here own the D'arsonval High Frequency Device? I'm considering purchasing this for not only skincare use but for medical purposes as well. If you own one please let me know how you like it. Any other information you can provide would be great as well. I found one on ebay that I'm considering. Thank you! Very Happy

Check on page 17 of this thread. Calbrita has one.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
xandria wrote:

Check on page 17 of this thread. Calbrita has one.

LOL. Where was my brain, that's who's post sent me on the hunt that led to my crazy purchase! Shock Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
xandria wrote:

Just note that "D'arsonval" is just another name for a Violet Ray or High Frequency device. They all operate in the same way - but there may be a difference in the power specs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you DarkMoon & Keliu for the quick response. I'll be sure to check out page 17 of this thread. Smile
havana8

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Ooooh how exciting. I really want one of these things, but I've been holding off because of the price.

I'm slightly confused though as the ebay one that someone posted a link to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Frequency-DArsonval-Acne-Therapy-Device-/220683118718?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3361bd287e

Looks different to the one that DarkMoon posted:
http://face-steamer.com/professional-grade-portable-high-frequency-darsonval-facial-device/

Or are they actually the same? just different box thingy???

So the one I purchased off ebay from the link Cabrita shared looks like the photo from Dark Moon's link but the specs on the enclosed photocopied info pack say:

Model: 8550
Output voltage: 15V DC
Frequency: 50-60Hz
Output Power: 10W

There is no mention of the cycles per second. Also, now that I am really looking at it, the illustration on the front of the info packet looks like the handle from neondaze's link. hmm

There was also a separate sheet enclosed that said: Warning: High frequency/d'arsonval portable units need to cool down completely after each 10 minute continuous use. Do not use for more than 10 minutes at a time—let it cool completely before using it for another 10 minutes. Not doing this will result in damaging the unit permanently. Does the Palacia need a cool down period also?

DM, have yours arrived? Wink I wonder how ours will compare.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
There is no mention of the cycles per second. Also, now that I am really looking at it, the illustration on the front of the info packet looks like the handle from neondaze's link. hmm

There was also a separate sheet enclosed that said: Warning: High frequency/d'arsonval portable units need to cool down completely after each 10 minute continuous use. Do not use for more than 10 minutes at a time—let it cool completely before using it for another 10 minutes. Not doing this will result in damaging the unit permanently. Does the Palacia need a cool down period also?

The Palacia unit didn't come with any warning about a cool down period. But then, the instructions weren't very comprehensive either. However, treatments are only supposed to be for 5 minutes so I don't really use mine for any great length of time.

I also had difficulty in finding out the cycles per second of many of the Ebay devices.

This one says it's 200,000 cycles per second and looks more like the Palacia device - but the case and attachments look different.
http://face-steamer.com/professional-grade-portable-high-frequency-darsonval-facial-device/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Re hair treatments: I have very, very fine baby hair which is cropped very short. If I don't comb it properly at the back you can see my scalp. This tends to annoy my husband who has a habit of yelling at me "You've got bald patches at the back" - just what a girl wants to hear!

However, he said to me the other day, "Your bald patches aren't showing any more" - so I said, "I think my hair might be a bit thicker" and he said "It definitely is". So I'm putting this phenomenon down to my nightly hair treatments with HF.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

So the one I purchased off ebay from the link Cabrita shared looks like the photo from Dark Moon's link but the specs on the enclosed photocopied info pack say:

Model: 8550
Output voltage: 15V DC
Frequency: 50-60Hz
Output Power: 10W

DM, have yours arrived? Wink I wonder how ours will compare.

Havana mine have been here for a while but I was waiting to use one for a month or so to give an honest review! Smile

Here is what my 5 look like:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/178369637

There is a normal booklet that came with the product/s and no warning about over heating. I can tell you it packs a much greater punch than the dermawand and the glass is not fragile the instructions are to screw the electrode-bulb into the base, there aren't threads so I take that to mean you twist gently while gently pushing the bulb into the base. So far so good and they came across the world badly packed so the bulbs were out of the foam in all 5 boxes and got a good rattling on there way to me, not a single one out of 20 broken!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I meant to add they have a Model number of LZ-006A.

Also the instructions are written in a way as to tell you how to use the device on your client, so I am assuming they are sold to salons and esty's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Sorry about another post, was getting sleepy last night! Rolling Eyes

This booklet of instructions also warns about not using if pregnant and also if someone has a pacemaker, MY instructions from the derma wand didn't have those warnings, or the following?

You basically ground yourself and hold the bulb, and also your "client" does the same.

One thing I will say is I see a bit of a lift on the brows and a few tiny moles have disappeared.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the helpful info, ladies. Smile

Well, the good thing is that the bulb electrodes are not fragile but the bad thing is that they don't seat properly in the unit body. If I were to turn the wand upside down, the bulbs would smash to the floor so I am having to hold some of the attachments down at the base with my finger (i.e. the rake) in order for them not to slide out of the unit body. There are no threads as with yours, DM, but I tried screwing them in as you mentioned and there is nothing for them to screw into. hmm

The device came in two boxes with the same unit body + 7 attachments photo that both say "Professional Use" on them: one box with 7 bulb electrodes and the other with the unit body and three blank spots in the foam for 3 bulb electrodes no longer there. So now I am wondering if the seller perhaps mismatched two different kits, i.e. professional attachments with a non-professional unit body? Otherwise, wouldn't the bulb electrodes somehow attach at the base?
havana8

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
This booklet of instructions also warns about not using if pregnant and also if someone has a pacemaker, MY instructions from the derma wand didn't have those warnings, or the following?

This one says something similar: Cosmetologists and clients agree that High Frequency treatments have no side effect. However, there are some contradictions you should know about when using. They are — malignancy, pregnancy, circulatory deficiency, severe infection. Never apply the device over the eyes, heart (especially for those who have a pacemaker or other electrical implant), growing bones, testes, carotid sinuses.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Havana,

The ones I received came with 4 electrodes/bulbs, anyway I can see where if they are pushed too hard into the base you could break them (but you would have to try!), but mine sit very, very tightly in the base unit I have no fear of holding the unit bulb inserted upside-down over my tiled bathroom floor!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the d'arsonval device yesterday from ebay. This come with 13 different electrodes and a carrying case. Can't wait to get it and try it out. I have the dermawand already. I'm interested in learning what ailments this device can really cure.
xandria
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
xandria wrote:
I own the dermawand. I started reading this thread and found the topic very interesting. You may like to know that there is a violet ray manual 100 pgs of information. It's located on a website called baar dot com. I'm new here so I can't post the link.

Thanks Xandria!

Here's the link to the Violet Rays and the books they sell:

http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=543&Category_Code=ELE&Product_Count=21

Has anyone purchased the violet ray book in this link yet? If so, I just wanted to know if it's worth the 20 bucks they're charging for it.

Thx
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Havana,

Just saw your post re your unit from e-volution.
I purchased the 3 attachment one & my attachments seat firmly. I see no reason why yours would not be the same. Maybe you can get them to swap them out as obviously there is some sort of error.

Also I still love this & am also getting hair regrowth - Very exciting!

Cabrita
havana8

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Hi Havana,

Just saw your post re your unit from e-volution.
I purchased the 3 attachment one & my attachments seat firmly. I see no reason why yours would not be the same. Maybe you can get them to swap them out as obviously there is some sort of error.

Also I still love this & am also getting hair regrowth - Very exciting!

Cabrita

OK, that's good to know, Cabrita. Smile I will contact them. Congratulations on the hair regrowth!!
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Havana sounds like the seller mixed up the attachments and the handle. You wouldn't think they would just fall out like that. Sad

I'm still interested in one of these, but I'm not entirely sure how you guys worked out that it has 200,000 cycles.
'D'Arsonval' is a generic name, like 'Violet Ray'. And the website that advertises it at that rate doesn't actually sell the item anymore, it just looks like a cut and paste from another site.

Uggh. Maybe I should just get it and not worry about whether it has high specs...
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Havana,

I am with Neondaze - it is not normal for electrodes to be loose in the handle. You should be able to work in any position, sideways, even up side down if needed. You usually hear a soft click once the electrode is inserted.

Can you contact the seller and ask them?

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Havana,

I am with Neondaze - it is not normal for electrodes to be loose in the handle. You should be able to work in any position, sideways, even up side down if needed. You usually hear a soft click once the electrode is inserted.

Can you contact the seller and ask them?

HTH

sigma,

About that click, I have a feeling there is going to be some variation on that, the ones I bought don't make any sound, but you can tell it's firmly seated in by feel. I can use mine totally upside down without fear of them coming out. I am just mentioning it because inserting with too much force might cause you to break the electrode.

The one on the site I purchased from advertised 200K and now the site has changed??? I can tell it's quite strong compared to the derma wand, but that's the only other HF device I have for comparison???

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
DM,

you are ,of course, correct.
I bought the same one that Tony Zavasta sells (www.beautifulonraw.com). It is a very high quality device, and I had several cheaper professional versions before. Even though the "click" did differ on them, they all would hold the electrode tightly enough in place.

When you do the hair it is so much more convenient to do it sideways, or move in different directions.

I think it is a fantastic device. It and Dr.Alkaitis products had enabled me to get electrolysis on my face for the 1st time in many years - every attempt before and I would end up with my whole face covered with deep angry boils/pimples; almost like every follicle was ready to explode. Now I take it with me for treatments - apply toner and healing gel and healing powder and go for a few minutes with HF; and I can go to work the next day (so far at least).

Ladies - enjoy your toys!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
My skin has been very irritated lately - I think I might be allergic to the Estriol Cream so have had to stop using it. I developed tiny, tiny pimply spots all over my face, even up underneath my eyes.

Anyway, I applied some Lucas Paw Paw Ointment and used the device with that - the next morning my skin was much improved. The Paw Paw Ointment gives good slippage too. Afterwards, I just wipe my face with a tissue to remove any extra grease. I think I may continue doing this, pimples or not.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Sorry about another post, was getting sleepy last night! Rolling Eyes

You basically ground yourself and hold the bulb, and also your "client" does the same.

One thing I will say is I see a bit of a lift on the brows and a few tiny moles have disappeared.

Any updates DM? I so hope this is working for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
I did it, I finally ordered the Neon from Palacia Beauty after eying it for months. Smile It's my "new years" treat and super excited to try this out.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |