Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong, I *love* my HF device! I just wanted to give everyone an honest look at what I've experienced. Keliu, how's the pomegranate oil working for you?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I *love* my HF device! I just wanted to give everyone an honest look at what I've experienced. Keliu, how's the pomegranate oil working for you?

Yes, I do have the neon gas. Like you, I mix it up, sometimes I use an oil/serum, sometimes I just treat on bare skin. On occasions I use the device on bare skin then apply the Pomegranate Oil and treat again.

Regarding the blackheads - yes, it could be the Vitamin C oxidising. I would apply the Vitamin C serum after the treatment.

JLM - are you using the comb attachment. I love it - it's fixed up all my scalp problems.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, I haven't tried the scalp attachment yet-- but now I'm very curious! I don't really have any scalp issues, but perhaps I'll give it a go just to see what happens!

(Glad to have someone here on the EDS forum to share my excitement over the HF device! I think my poor hubby's eyes are about to roll backwards into his head, I just love this thing so much!)

I read earlier on this thread how someone thought that ascorbic acid would oxidize & cause blackheads by using a HF device, but I don't understand the reasoning why ascorbic acid has been singled out as the cause for the blackheads. It seems that the entire purpose of a HF device *is* to oxidize oxygen (that is, turn O2 into O3, ozone)-- and if you're using a serum, the HF device would naturally oxidize anything else you're using, ascorbic acid or otherwise. (That is, it will also oxidize vit E, vit A, etc.) However, on the other hand, it seems that the HF aspect of the device will allow for deeper penetration of topicals.

Hmmm, Keliu, have you noticed anything adverse using topicals with your HF treatments?

And just out of curiosity Keliu, how do you rank the HF device among your other gadgets? I'm basically a low-tech girl myself, but this thing has me wondering what *else* is out there that can work such great things!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Hmmm, Keliu, have you noticed anything adverse using topicals with your HF treatments?

And just out of curiosity Keliu, how do you rank the HF device among your other gadgets? I'm basically a low-tech girl myself, but this thing has me wondering what *else* is out there that can work such great things!

No, no adverse effects from my topicals. I have seen people complain about getting blackheads from Vitamin C - which I don't really understand. Blackheads are caused by debris trapped inside the pores. The part of the debris that is exposed to air oxidises and becomes black. That's my simple, non scientific view. So yes, you'd think that blackheads would be caused by anything that was trapped inside a pore. BTW, I've just started using Skin Biology's Exfol Serum which contains 2% Salicylic Acid and it's absolutely the best thing for blackheads. Don't use it before high frequency treatment though.

I have a formidable range of gadgets, but if I was marooned on a desert island, I would have to have the Placia HF device and the Vaculifter. What I'm so impressed about with the HF is that it is healing - it has cured my warts, rashes, pimples and I've even had a couple of small moles drop off! And yes, it really does make your pores look better.

I definitely encourage you to try the comb attachment. Even if you don't have scalp issues, it's very stimulating - plus it's supposed to be good for the hair.

BTW, the Vaculifter is very low-tech, it's just a suction device (kind of based on Chinese cupping) but it brings blood to the surface of the skin and gives a fantastic massage. It totally wakes up the face in the morning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu,

I feel trouble, you are really tempting me on this now that you have used it for a while and find it much better that the DW! Smile
My wallet will thank you! LOL

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu,

I feel trouble, you are really tempting me on this now that you have used it for a while and find it much better that the DW! Smile

DM

DM, you took the words right out of my mouth. Ugh, I've only had my DW a few months and now you all have me thinking about this new one. I can see it now. I'll end up with beautiful skin and have to file Chapter 11 Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu,

I buy all these gadgets with the hope of achieving some kind of anti-aging effect - but realistically, I think they all do very little. But I find the fact that the Palacia HF does have a visible healing effect very encouraging. I don't know about your wallet thanking me - mine never does! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
You all are just hysterical Smile
I have been very good and deserve a treat so I might just cave, I know Kelilu you don't rave about any and every thing that you try so the fact you are this happy with this says volumes!
My wallet won't blame you either! LOL

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok Girls. I had no luck with shipping to the UK from Palacia for the professional HF device, I did find another site in the US, but could foresee broken bits arriving, customs hassle & mega bucks postage. So I scoured eBay UK & found some machines, how does this one look? It does the 200,000 hertz that JLB’s prof HF machine does, but no comb attachment.

“This portable electronic high frequency unit is ideal for the mobile therapist, the vanity case having been constructed with spring clips in the recess of the lid to hold and protect the six electrodes that are supplied.

The sophisticated high frequency current changes 200,000 times per second and the electronic circuitry safety intensifies the voltage up to 150,000 volts with minimal amperage. Because of this rapid oscillation there are no muscular contractions and the effect produced is either stimulating or soothing dependant on the chosen method of application.

CARLTON high frequency treatment is of tremendous benefit, its primary action being thermal, to produce heat. The current aids the deeper penetration of products and has a marked germicidal action on the skin.

The high frequency handle is of particular importance. The CARLTON handle is manufactured from material with a very high level of insulation to stop the current being transferred through to the therapist during a treatment.”

I do not have spotty skin, but am wanting this item to give lift & rejuvenation. I am hoping I can lift my brow like they show on the Derma Wand site Laughing So girls, should I go for this, or is the LightStim, plus STOP going to be enough? your highly knowledgeable advice would be much appreciated.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I'll see if I can find the one on UK Ebay - or perhaps you could provide a link.

But I also wanted to mention that if you go towww.palaciabeautydevice.com rather than palacia.com you will have no difficulty getting the item shipped to the UK. I know this because I'm in Australia and had the same trouble.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Here is the link to the UK eBay one, I am a newish member so they may not allow this to function.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270451084122&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Do you really feel the Palacia one will be any different from other machines with similar output? I guess I should forget the Derma Wand,if I go for this superior model, but what do you do if you are away from home? this would be the very time I would want to zap myself in the hotel room before going down to dinner etc, so maybe a Derma Wand too for travel Embarassed Thanks also Keliu for the tip on the slighltly diff Palacia website address I will look into this.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
The link comes up "This item has been removed". I went to UK Ebay and looked up Carlton High Frequency and quite a few machines came up, but they were all table-top machines and quite expensive. Is this what you're looking at?

Here's a direct link to the Palacia one, should have given it to you before, sorry:

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PROFPORTHIGHFREQMACH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, yes I looked at the table top machines, but the one I sent you the link to, was a portable model, about £100 cheaper than the table top ones.

There was also a lesser model with no info on hertz rating at about £200, but this did not look so good as the info I copied & pasted in the earlier posting above, from the one that was supposedly portable.

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I have followed the Palacia link you sent, & this does seem a good buy/price, equivalent to UK £130 + shipping, a huge saving on the ones I am looking at on eBay.

Please advise if the glass insertion tubes travelled to you in Australia from the USA in one piece? Was the item well packaged by Palacia? I fear the delicate tubes may get bashed in transit, then there would be hassle with getting more parts from the states.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
The device comes packed in a plastic travel case with the electrodes snugly sitting in foam rubber. The whole thing is really quite portable - so, yes, it arrived safely.

In addition, Palacia are a great company to buy from. This is the second device I have purchased from them and their customer service is second to none. If you do happen to have a problem, it is all sorted very quickly - I found them very helpful. Just remember to buy a converter. You can pick one up very cheaply on Ebay.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Great news Keliu. Next I am swithering over which gas:

•Acne-type lesions using an argon gas electrode for a “sparking” treatment.
•Oily skins with overall congestion using a neon gas electrode for drying and germicidal effects.

I don't have acne, my skin is not unduly oily, I don't want to dry it out either.

Results I want are to tone, tighten, lift freshen & remove pigmentation (not asking too much am I Laughing . I know you & JLM said the gas did not matter, I had put down neon, but took fright before pressing "complete order". Any last thoughts on the gas before I proceed with the order?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Both JLM and I have the neon gas - that's the orange one. I chose that because that's the colour of the gas in the DermaWand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
What about this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARSONVAL-VIOLET-RAY-WAND-HIGH-FREQUENCY-UNIT-W-CASE_W0QQitemZ190377791722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item2c536690ea

It is incredibly cheap and the listing isn't terribly detailed, though. I'm tempted too! I could justify it by giving my 11 year-old niece my Dermawand (she's just starting to get a little spotty). Perversely, it is listed as "violet ray" though the gas in the picture looks orange.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
After looking at multiple units on Ebay, I went with the Palacia one because it cycles at 200,000 hertz (it is the hertz that indicates the power). Some of the ones on Ebay are only 100,000 hertz and some don't say what they are. They all look very similar and I really don't know whether by paying more that you're necessarily getting a better machine. My advice would be to ask the seller what the hertz is before purchasing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
What about this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARSONVAL-VIOLET-RAY-WAND-HIGH-FREQUENCY-UNIT-W-CASE_W0QQitemZ190377791722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item2c536690ea

It is incredibly cheap and the listing isn't terribly detailed, though. I'm tempted too! I could justify it by giving my 11 year-old niece my Dermawand (she's just starting to get a little spotty). Perversely, it is listed as "violet ray" though the gas in the picture looks orange.

ljk,
Do you have the option to contact seller? They should be able to give you the information if you ask~hopefully! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
They all look very similar and I really don't know whether by paying more that you're necessarily getting a better machine. My advice would be to ask the seller what the hertz is before purchasing.
DarkMoon wrote:
ljk,
Do you have the option to contact seller? They should be able to give you the information if you ask~hopefully! Smile

I just emailed a few ebay sellers, thanks Keliu..I wasn't sure how to gauge how powerful the devices are.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:51 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
ljk,

I just emailed a few ebay sellers, thanks Keliu..I wasn't sure how to gauge how powerful the devices are.

ljk,
I always do when in doubt with eBay or Amazon! Kelilu has this all down after all her researching. Smile

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Regarding whether to go with either neon or argon gas, it really does seem that that the color of the inert gas itself has little effect upon either the high frequency aspect or the ozone producing ability of the device, which seem to be the primary effects of using the device.

My best guess is that the color of the gas itself has some sort of effect similar to LEDs: for example, red LEDs functions in skin firming and enhanced wound healing, a blue LED cools the skin and is anti-bacterial (perfect for treating acne).

(This is taken from http://www.bellaireindustry.com/guide.html)
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Everyone on this board is so helpful! Thanks for the input regarding Rosacea and the dermawand/HF devices.

For those of you who own the professional HF device and the AALS, would you recommend one over the other for facial firming and toning? My main problem areas are around the mouth area, I am getting that sagging which is creating the beginning of sagging jowls and also my forehead area... I have the starting of "hooding" like my forehead is drooping..does that make sense?

Thanks!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:03 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

The reply I got was (asking how may Hertz the device is) "Device has 220V, 50Hertz, 0.5Amper", not sure that's the response I wanted! Others either said they'd get back to me, or can't supply the information.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |