Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:38 am      Reply with quote
BTW, I purchased an argon (blue) bulb tip electrode a little while ago to deal with blemishes. The rest of my attachments are the neon (orange). I would say that the argon is *slightly* cooler, a bit more gentle for sensitive areas, but the difference is very slight.

Also an update: While I was dealing with acne on my cheeks, a few big spots here & there, dehydrated, dry skin on top, the HF device worked *great*! I never get acne on my cheeks anymore. (I used the neon on my cheeks.)

However, I think I must be on the long slow road to menopause, because I recently began breaking out on my chin & jaw, a place where I have *never* broken out before. The HF device did nothing to help here. The acne was cystic & so bad that my dermatologist wanted to put me on Accutane. Now I am on doxycycline & everything has cleared up. I am thinking that my skincare regime has helped speed things along.

And Keliu, you might seriously want to think about the FIM lamp for your neck-- it is really quite remarkable in loosening up the muscles & the heat feels really good. Just a thought. My mother-in-law has a bad knee that she re-injured recently & on a recent visit we gave her a few sessions under the lamp. She emailed me recently to tell me that her knee is almost 100%, and usually her knees get a bit worse after visiting us (the grandchildren).

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I've definitely been considering the FIM lamp. My husband has just had a shoulder operation and I thought it would be good for him too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu for your answer. Smile My neck is always stiff and that's even sleeping on a Tempurpedic bed and pillow (wacky sleeper, tossing and turning).
Lebosi

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've been lurking for some time, reading as often as time permits and learning much about skin care. I've learned much,already purchased a dermaroller as well as copper peptides and am very happy with the results. My skin care products are many... I'm still reading the pros and cons of many products while I use up my preexisting eclectic collection of serums and creams. The choices are overwhelming. Tonight I've been researching gadgets and it appears that Light Stim has great reviews. I can't afford to buy everything that appeals to me because at this point eveything does. I'd appreciate some guidance. I'm 66, red/copperish hair, medium complexion, no major skin problems other than puupy eyess and very fragile, thin skin from years of prednisone treatments. Would it be reasonable to start with the Dermawand to improve skin tone & thickness or should I be looking at other options. Thanks in advance.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Welcome wave ,
As far as devices I would say I love my Lightstim the best....might not have bought so many if I had started off with the Lightstim first Laughing !I don't have a high frequency device....did order the dermawand but wasn't impressed with it and sent it back.....I think I would like the more professional high frequency model that many on the forum have. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Welcome wave ,
As far as devices I would say I love my Lightstim the best....might not have bought so many if I had started off with the Lightstim first

I am very surprised to read this, Toby. I thought you favored the FIM? So do you think the lightstim is better than the FIM, then?
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:17 am      Reply with quote
I do love my FIM but in making a recommendation for the first device to start with it would be the Lightstim.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Welcome Labosi! I'm in your age group and have just about every skincare device there is, and I do enjoy using them. However, I don't believe any of them are magic wands. You must be consistent and dedicated and be prepared to wait for results.

The Palacia High Frequency Wand is one of my favourite devices - it is especially beneficial for keeping breakouts at bay and I think it has a refining effect on the skin - long term.

But if I were to recommend a device to start off with, I would choose the Anti Aging Lightstim. I've been using it for about four years and my skin is holding up reasonably well for my age. I would also suggest you use Retin-A and Vitamin C.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby, Rileygirl and Keliu. There are so many devices out there I wasn't sure where to start. The anti-aging LightStim sounds great, does anybody know if I can order it here in Canada or if I need to order from the US? I'll look for their website online to see what they say. I've been using NeoStrata Intense Serum with retinol and their Vitamin C day serum and that has made a difference but I've ordered the Retin A cream as well as Vitamin C to make my own serum, something I've never done before but I've read so much about it on the DIY Forum that I'm ready to give it a try. The copper peptides have helped with my puffy eyes and the dermaroller has softened my lip lines already. Can hardly wait for the LightStim!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I took the plunge today and ordered the Palacia. Will report back with results!!! So excited for a new toy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
First impressions:

This thing is scary in a good way. Make sure you keep your finger on it before making contact with your face, I zapped myself in the forehead right of the bat. Didn't leave a mark or anything, it was just very surprising.

Antibacterial properties are really incredible. I am particularly prone to ingrown hairs even when waxing instead of shaving, and the resulting acne-like infections that come with them. Hit my whole bikini line, its all cleared up a day later. Pretty amazing.

The whole house smells like ozone. I'm trying new ways to hide it, running it locked in the bathroom with the fan on, window open. I am a closet beauty gadget fiend, the resulting teasing from my SO is too annoying.

No dramatic results yet, but gosh does my skin look good right afterwards. Presumably due to increased circulation. It feels exactly like the giant pro machine at the spa for the rest of the day, so I know its strong. I'm going to start using my Lightstim right after, I really don't see the harm.

I'm using it directly on the skin, mushroom for most of it, the pointer for the weird way my nose curves on the sides. Pointer I have to keep on a lower setting for comfort, assuming I'll work my way up.

Goes crazy when I treat a cat scratch scar on my chin (had it sense childhood, its pretty noticable but I'm so used to it I'm not looking for a miracle, it'd just be nice.)

Need to ammend my signature to add this thing in there, I really like it so far. Kinda fun to use, moreso than the Lightstim.

Sat May 07, 2011 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
There are a few of these devices on ebay normally sold in China.

I agree

5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly how bad is the ozone smell produced by this device? Is it like sulfur? And is the HF machine collagen inducing?
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
The smell reminds me of a fish tank, don't know why, I think most would disagree with me. Some people actually like the smell, I'm just not one of them. If you want to check it out, I'd see if any local estys do the HF treatment cheap. The lady that does my facials actually offers a ten minute HF session for ten bucks for touchups between facials. Anyone else have any comparisons? Its a distinct smell.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
The smell doesn't bother me at all.

HF treatments are promoted as a stimulation for collagen and elastin - not sure about clinical studies for that but I think there is one on the DermaWand that showed positive results.

5% products discount

Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for answering my questions. Can't wait to get this thing. Lately I'm looking like a Nestle Crunch bar, I think due to stress. I thought I was past the acne stage of my life Confused
melanee337

Tue May 17, 2011 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm new to this forum and so happy to have found it. I want to buy a HF machine & was wondering was anyone happy with their purchase from the cheaper ones on ebay? I would really like a 200,000hz one.. Did anyone successfully find one on ebay?
brassflower
5% products discount

Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Another question - do these machines help with the appearance of hyper-pigmentation and acne spots?

Melanee - my understanding is that you will be hard pressed to find a machine from Ebay at a cheap price that matches the power of the professional devices reviewed in this thread.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Hey brassflower, I've not noticed any difference with hyperpigmentation myself. (I have hyperpigmented spots on my cheeks which I've had for the past 20 years or so, and some acne marks on my chin.)

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2011 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't seen it get rid of pigmentation from acne (the red dots left over), but honestly I've only had one pimple since I started using this so my skin coloring looks fantastic. If no new ones form, the spots have a chance to heal and others don't take their place. I don't have any other pigmentation though so I can't say for sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just won a Jellen on eBay, total cost of the HF & shipping was $36. I should get it on Friday or Saturday. I won't feel too bad if it doesn't do much because of the low cost. I turned 65 on May 11th and the minute I woke up that day my whole attitide about life changed, i.e. "don't sweat the small stuff, and/or "get out of my way I'm on a mission!"

http://www.jellenproducts.com/Portable-High-Frequency-Machine-p/uc-3500.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I just won a Jellen on eBay, total cost of the HF & shipping was $36. I should get it on Friday or Saturday. I won't feel too bad if it doesn't do much because of the low cost. I turned 65 on May 11th and the minute I woke up that day my whole attitide about life changed, i.e. "don't sweat the small stuff, and/or "get out of my way I'm on a mission!"

http://www.jellenproducts.com/Portable-High-Frequency-Machine-p/uc-3500.htm

Wow!!! What a deal!!! Congrats for super bargain hunting and your Birthday too!!

Right, I'm getting out of the way now - go for it!!

Wed May 25, 2011 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using my HF machine for about 2 months. I've been using it morning and night and it's made a huge difference in the amount of breakouts I was getting. My pore size looks smaller too.

I did just find out I am pregnant and I know I have to stop using this machine. I'm starting to worry if I did any damage to my baby. Does anyone know why HF isn't safe for pregnancy? I tried finding stuff online about it but all it says is don't do it. I guess I'm curious so if anyone has more info about this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
stimpy wrote:
I've been using my HF machine for about 2 months. I've been using it morning and night and it's made a huge difference in the amount of breakouts I was getting. My pore size looks smaller too.

I did just find out I am pregnant and I know I have to stop using this machine. I'm starting to worry if I did any damage to my baby. Does anyone know why HF isn't safe for pregnancy? I tried finding stuff online about it but all it says is don't do it. I guess I'm curious so if anyone has more info about this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm glad you've had success with controlling breakouts.

I can't answer your question about safety definitively. But I'm pretty sure that the HF device does send some electrical current through the body - so this might not be ideal whilst you're pregnant. As far as pregnancy goes, it's always better to be safe than sorry so I would stop using the device whilst you are pregnant. Congrats BTW!!

Thu May 26, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu! I'm pretty surprised that I'm pregnant, lol. I stopped using the machine right away. I just got super paranoid since I was using it so much.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |