Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
wagashi

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I've got a question about products you can use with the HF devices. I use .05% Retin A once every 2 days or so, and although I have no plans to use Retin A directly before an HF treatment (I'm not crazy, after all!), I was wondering whether you can use Retin A around the time of the treatments at all, or whether I should quit using the Retin A altogether if I plan to be using this device..

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
WholisticMom

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I've spent HOURS reading through this whole thread - great info, thank you all Smile

I was just curious why no one has mentioned the professional versions of the high frequency such as a 4-in-1 pro version that includes vac/spray, galvanic and high frequency?

I've had one for almost 10 years and it's fantastic - and it has a metal case, so it's protected and portable. (and no, I don't sell them or make money from them).

I was looking to replace mine, it's just time, so I was searching on ebay - the price has come down more than 500.00 since I got mine - and they have one nearly identical to mine for about $160.00.

I know some of you have mentioned micro-current/galvanic - and if you have the vac - you can get the diamond microdermabrasion attachments and do home microdermabrasion.

Ok, long-winded here, sorry!

I don't know if I can post a link since this is my first post, but if you do a search on ebay for this you should find what I'm talking about: New 4 Function Galvanic High Frequency Vacuum Machine

Or, search for this: 4 in 1 portable high frequency machine

It's nice to e-meet ya'll!

Dee
SylviaKatt
5% products discount

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased a HF device off of Amazon, one of those inexpensive ones to try it out. It has the four orange gas wands, mushroom, zapper, comb & spoon. Was looking at an cheaper Derma Wand type item. I have used it three times now. Just found your forum today, so I am still working through reading it all! Shock lol

I did not know this could be used on warts, and so tried treating that tonight. Will see how that goes.

Has anyone tried treating skin tags?

Thanks!
TaraMarie

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
wagashi wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a question about products you can use with the HF devices. I use .05% Retin A once every 2 days or so, and although I have no plans to use Retin A directly before an HF treatment (I'm not crazy, after all!), I was wondering whether you can use Retin A around the time of the treatments at all, or whether I should quit using the Retin A altogether if I plan to be using this device..

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Hi Wagashi. I'm new here, too. I just started reading this entire thread from page 1 and around the 2nd page or so, someone mentions using Retin A.
TaraMarie

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. After doing some research online, I decided to buy High Frequency D'arsonval Home Use Device NEW SPA ARGON. Just started using it two days ago. I'm still working on reading this entire thread for tips, etc.
I have all sorts of things I'd like to work on. Wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. Breakouts. Large pores from years of picking at my breakouts.
My skin is pretty oily and in two days of using my HF device for about 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night, my skin is drying out, which for me, is a good thing. I'm zapping a couple of pimples I picked at too and they do seem to be drying up. I'm hoping to get rid of the redness left from picking, too.
I greatly appreciate all the info and input given in this thread and plan to post updates on my own progress.
SylviaKatt
5% products discount

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
TaraMarie wrote:
Hi. After doing some research online, I decided to buy High Frequency D'arsonval Home Use Device NEW SPA ARGON. Just started using it two days ago. I'm still working on reading this entire thread for tips, etc.
I have all sorts of things I'd like to work on. Wrinkles around my eyes and on my forehead. Breakouts. Large pores from years of picking at my breakouts.
My skin is pretty oily and in two days of using my HF device for about 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night, my skin is drying out, which for me, is a good thing. I'm zapping a couple of pimples I picked at too and they do seem to be drying up. I'm hoping to get rid of the redness left from picking, too.
I greatly appreciate all the info and input given in this thread and plan to post updates on my own progress.

How are you liking your device? I purchased a "professional" HF Device from NEW SPA, and the elements fit too loosely (they move when being used, and I couldn't get the hair comb element in my hair - it just flopped over flat Confused ). Less than a week after having it, I complained about it, and they asked for it back. It's still "in the mail" to them, and they're supposed to send a new one back.

Since your skin is oily, do you use anything on your face to let the elements flow smoothly on the face? I use an organic argan oil. When I'm done, I wait about 30 minutes and put a Vitamin C serum on. I've never used Retin A.
TaraMarie

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi SylviaKatt. I am using the HF device on clean, bare skin mostly. I started using the mushroom at full power over my entire face and neck and chest area then go back to my red spots and pimples and wrinkles with the stick-like wand with the little ball on the end (the "zapper"), which does more zapping. I can't use that on full power - too zappy! I'm doing this twice a day.
I am noticing my big pores are starting to shrink. I asked my 13-year-old today if I was imagining that and she said she notices too. Very Happy
I do get some redness wherever I use the zapper,but it goes away. I have some red spots from pimples that I'm hoping will ultimately go away in this process. Time will tell.
My daughter used the zapper on a couple of small pimples tonight. I'm anxious to see how it works on her.
I'm happy with the results so far, in less than a week!
SylviaKatt
5% products discount

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
TaraMarie wrote:
Hi SylviaKatt. I am using the HF device on clean, bare skin mostly. I started using the mushroom at full power over my entire face and neck and chest area then go back to my red spots and pimples and wrinkles with the stick-like wand with the little ball on the end (the "zapper"), which does more zapping. I can't use that on full power - too zappy! I'm doing this twice a day.
I am noticing my big pores are starting to shrink. I asked my 13-year-old today if I was imagining that and she said she notices too. Very Happy
I do get some redness wherever I use the zapper,but it goes away. I have some red spots from pimples that I'm hoping will ultimately go away in this process. Time will tell.
My daughter used the zapper on a couple of small pimples tonight. I'm anxious to see how it works on her.
I'm happy with the results so far, in less than a week!

Great to hear! I am happy with my results so far too!

I only get the occasional hormonal pimple, so I haven't had a chance to try it on that much.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:48 am      Reply with quote
I love my HF device which I've had for about a year now. I started getting cystic adult acne due to stress, and it really helped them disappear! My skin is now back to normal and I don't use this anymore unless I feel I have a zit coming up.

I bought one of the cheapies for about AU $26 and it works just fine, I think you are paying for brand name a lot of the time.

I did try and use it for improved skin texture and to help with dark circles but I didn't see improvement in those areas really. I am using a microcurrent device and an LED panel so unfortunately my HF device only gets occasional use. I may start using the hair comb though!
mwilson569
5% products discount

Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Anyone still using HF devices?
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2016 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but this charming Scot compares a new Chinese D'Arsonval unit (from ebay) to an old Violet Ray machine - and takes it apart! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fuTnh6ofjY

I found it interesting anyway Very Happy

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2016 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Essentially the D'Arsonval unit is no different than a Dermawand..It just has more parts to play with.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2016 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the longer glass heads/wands/bulbs whatever! Much more useful, especially if you're experimenting on arthritic or painful places. Much easier to use on the face than the tiny Dermawand nub - and a reasonable price!

The D'Arsonval ebay China unit I got is red/orange (neon gas), noticed that I can buy purple (argon gas) glass wands separate. Is it worth my while, or do they do the same thing?

Quote:
Direct High Frequency has a germicidal effect and is used post-extraction. Direct High Frequency is most efficient when treating acne-type lesions for oily skins with overall congestion.

High Frequency uses an alternating radio current called the "Tesla Current." The glass electrodes fill with either argon or neon gas. If the electrode fills with argon gas, it produces the familiar violet ray. If it fills with neon gas, it produces an orange / red ray. Both gases have similar effects, but argon is good for acneic skin conditions and neon is used on oily skins or to create warmth in a localized area for better product penetration.

The Tesla Current is conducted to the gas where it ignites. The gas is inert in a vacuum, so it is quite safe and stable. Once the gas ignites, light energy is given off, which forms ozone around the glass electrode. When the oxygen, which is naturally present in the air around the electrode, is electrified, it forms ozone. The more oxygen that surrounds the electrode, the more ozone forms, thus creating a greater effect. Therefore, when the electrode is lifted away from the skin surface and more oxygen surrounds it, a more intense drying and healing action occurs. This method, which uses the argon gas electrode, is called “sparking.” We achieve a "spark gap" by applying layers of dry, cotton gauze over the skin, thus creating a narrow space between the skin and the electrode for ozone to form. Never create a gap of more than ¼” as tissue destruction can occur and the skin will heal, leaving brownish marks.

From here http://www.dermalinstitute.com/uk/library/45_article_Finding_Solutions_for_Oily_and_Acneic_Skin.html

Still notice terrible interference, eg monitor flickering, etc, with electronic devices (thought maybe it was the Dermawand only) so I'll have to use it in isolation!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2016 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I disagree. I have both the deram wand and d’arsonval unit and find the d’arsonval unit so much more powerful and stronger. Plus the larger caps that go on the d’arsonval unit means you can hit more areas. The deramwand is nice, and great for the ocassional spots but it can’t create the lift and covers the whole face in much less time than the derma wand.

tigerlily009 wrote:
Essentially the D'Arsonval unit is no different than a Dermawand..It just has more parts to play with.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2016 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Found it even cheaper...£13 Buy It Now Or Best Offer http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301653278737

I think this unit is stronger, at least, it feels that way, than the Dermawand (my DW eventually died on me!) Though there's no clues about hertz/oscillations - the instruction leaflet is in Chinglish.

I'm going to buy the Argon (violet) version for my teenage niece.

The "ribbed" HF units do look like sex toys though Laughing

I'm a bit more confident about using my Chinese unit now "Big Clive" (re my earlier Youtube link) has okayed it - usually he takes apart Chinese electronics to tell unsuspecting souls not to use them as they're not earthed or dangerous!

tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2016 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I disagree. I have both the deram wand and d’arsonval unit and find the d’arsonval unit so much more powerful and stronger. Plus the larger caps that go on the d’arsonval unit means you can hit more areas. The deramwand is nice, and great for the ocassional spots but it can’t create the lift and covers the whole face in much less time than the derma wand.

tigerlily009 wrote:

Yes, I agree the d'arsonval is superior over the dermawand. I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise.
My statement was directed at the link that ljk posted. The video in her link seemed to consider high frequency as nothing more than a joke.
And then I noticed ljk had a dermawand.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2016 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh okay. Its good to know. I have both and started out with the derma wand and then moved on to the d'arsonval after reading EDS! I have a bad relation with EDS as each time I come here I end up buying things LOL.
tigerlily009 wrote:
Yes, I agree the d'arsonval is superior over the dermawand. I didn't mean to insinuate otherwise.
My statement was directed at the link that ljk posted. The video in her link seemed to consider high frequency as nothing more than a joke.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2016 7:03 am      Reply with quote
tigerlily009 wrote:
To be fair, "Big Clive" (youtube clip) did respond to my comment about its skincare benefits being bunkum. He is a decent and jolly chap, if you watch his videos regularly.

Quote:
It's not total quackery as it has a strong sterilising effect on the skin and also has a very nice prickling sensation. But don't use it near anything electronic as it could potentially damage it

His quote was that the beauty therapy industry and violet ray units were quackery, wellll, it depends - the violet ray was originally promoted as a miracle cure for everything! There is a lot of overpriced and overhyped guff out there, preying on our insecurities!

coiaquinn

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, Have a little bit of info for anyone reading this thread trying get information on what high-frequency device to purchase. Buying from Jellen or Palacia is a very costly exercise when you're based in the UK, our exchange rate is in the toilet just now and if you get hit with vat at customs it gets even worse!! I contacted a seller on ebay, mychway, they sell salon and home devices (I own one of their microdermabrasion machines and it is great) Anyway I wrote to them inquiring about the FREQUENCY (OSCILLATION)rate of their machines, at first the girl was clueless about what I was asking, but after she got in touch with her boss and he spoke to the manufacturers they came back with the information that the Oscillation rate of their machines is 60,000 to 200,000. Matching the devices being recommended on here at about 3 times the price! Very Happy This is my first post, though I have been a member for years, I find this a great site to do my beauty research, just wanted to update this thread, hope Ive helped someone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I have both and have to say they are very different. The A'Arsonval unit can be turned up and made more powerful than the derma wand. Whilst the additional wand heads help with different things to liken it to a dermawand is a big mistake, because whilst they use the same technology they are in essence very different devices.
tigerlily009 wrote:
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:55 am      Reply with quote
So the Palacia UC-3500 is still the best HF to buy? I am really intrigued by the hair loss benefits from this tool.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:57 am      Reply with quote
coiaquinn wrote:
Hi everyone, Have a little bit of info for anyone reading this thread trying get information on what high-frequency device to purchase. Buying from Jellen or Palacia is a very costly exercise when you're based in the UK, our exchange rate is in the toilet just now and if you get hit with vat at customs it gets even worse!! I contacted a seller on ebay, mychway, they sell salon and home devices (I own one of their microdermabrasion machines and it is great) Anyway I wrote to them inquiring about the FREQUENCY (OSCILLATION)rate of their machines, at first the girl was clueless about what I was asking, but after she got in touch with her boss and he spoke to the manufacturers they came back with the information that the Oscillation rate of their machines is 60,000 to 200,000. Matching the devices being recommended on here at about 3 times the price! Very Happy This is my first post, though I have been a member for years, I find this a great site to do my beauty research, just wanted to update this thread, hope Ive helped someone.

Do you have exact details of the HF device you are talking about here, I had a look on Ebay UK, but did not see mychway,
havana8

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:34 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I have both and have to say they are very different. The A'Arsonval unit can be turned up and made more powerful than the derma wand. Whilst the additional wand heads help with different things to liken it to a dermawand is a big mistake, because whilst they use the same technology they are in essence very different devices.
tigerlily009 wrote:

Ran across this older post when googling the DermaWand. Interesting. I thought they were the same also but the D'Arsonval is described as high frequency whereas Dermawand says it "uses the same technology as the big radio frequency machines that professionals use" and also "gentle microcurrent at 100 cycles per second".

What is confusing is that I see some Dermawands described as "high frequency" on eBay and Amazon.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Oophs was about to post and realise I have already posted. Please ignore.
JLacy

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I just tried the V-Ray over 4 layers of gauze on dry skin in an area of my hip that was bothering me when I walked yesterday. I used the mushroom wand over the spot on gauze for 5 minutes and went for a walk.

My hip didn't hurt like yesterday but eventually did hurt when I walked fast and long. I cannot say it cured anything but it did seem to get me down the road further than yesterday without me having to stop.

I will be treating that area again to see if I can get cumulative improvements because it appeared to actually have helped, much to my surprise.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |