Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eyelash Extensions - Recent Experience

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello:

I had a wedding to attend on Saturday and decided to have eyelash extensions put on the day before. I had it done at a well-known salon in Connecticut. At the wedding they looked very nice. But, the 2nd day they started clumping together, and a section fell out in the middle of my right eye. By Tuesday this week, I had sections missing from both eyes. And, today I decided to try to remove the remainder, because it just looked too odd. I used some lotion and an eye comb. I was told that these would last 1 month and they didn't even last 2 days. The worst part is, I lost most of my own eyelashes through this whole thing. Now, I have bald eyes, not good. Mad

Has anyone else had a bad experience with eyelash extensions?

Are false eyelashes a better option?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Thats really disappointing. I would definitely call the salon and let them know. I do seem to read more reviews about extensions where people a unhappy with them vs happy.
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I have never had the extensions but in my office quite a few have and each and every time they get them, they do not last long. Perhaps where they go is not very good.

I love using a lash enhancement serum that helps grow my lashes longer and thicker. I've used both Rapidlash and the generic of Lumigan / Latisse called Careprost. I am thrilled with my results and use a very thin,simple mascara just to help define. My bottom lashes never have really responded much but my top lashes are great.
Irish1

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I feel your pain, literally Sad

I had lash extensions a while ago and for the first week they looked amazing, after that though very tatty and dirty looking,clumping together and looking nasty it's impossible to get eyeshadow etc off properly without rubbing some of the lashes off which you know take out the natural lashes too.

When they came off and out in lumps I was told that it was my fault and I was 'handling' them or that I must just have weak lashes to begin with, not true, my lashes were lovely and I wish that I had left them alone Sad

I went back to have them filled and saw a different therapist who for some reason thought it would be a good idea to overlap them...yep, you guessed it, great big clumps of fake lashes and glue clinging onto maybe 2 natural eyelashes, then the same with the next 2 and so on.

I was told that there was nothing to fear from lash extensions as the natural lash grows underneath and in between the extensions so when the fake lashes are taken off or pulled off (as I admit I have done today and yesterday to get rid of the ugly lumps of lashes on my eyes) there would be nice new lashes underneath maybe a little short but they would be there. Not the case, I have tiny little eyelashes and bald patches just like you.

Never again will I ever get them done, a friend of mine knows someone who had them done and was hysterical when she saw the state of her own after a few weeks but hers have grown back and look just how they did before. I've ordered Revitalash today and I'm hoping that it will help them along. Maybe false lashes as in the sticky strip ones might be doable for now? I'm useless at applying them I tried once before and gave up Sad

Lesson learned and I really do sympathise because it's not a good look Sad but if we don't try these things then we won't ever know...one to put down to experience.

Maggie x
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you Irish1. My eyelash extensions also clumped together, one side looked like I had a uni-eyelash that came to one big point Laughing

I had purchased false eyelashes from Sephora, but couldn't get them on my eyelash rim, so I gave up.

Sometimes it would be nice to have that red carpet hollywood eyelash look. Oh well, back to layering mascara.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
It seems like what you had was the individual lashes, but those that come in sections of 3-4 lashes. That type of lash is glued to a bunch of your lashes stuck together, this is why it doesn't feel normal when they stay longer than a day or two. They are not the same as individual lashes that are glued to one individual lash. It is a long procedure, it requires time and precision for the esthetician to apply them one by one and it costs about 200 $ (in Canada), but they look natural and last till the lash it is attached to grows the full cycle and falls out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I've had great results with eyelash extensions but I am laying off them for a while so that I can test an eyelash serum. I've found that the outcome really does depend on which technician applies them though. Some give much better results than others.
Treated kindly, the extensions last 3 to 4 weeks but I have had one set that only lasted about a week.
I have the kind that are stuck on individually and I get a half set - that is "horse-type" lashes concentrated at the edges.
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:40 am      Reply with quote
That's really sad to hear Sad

I have had them for about a year and love my lash extensions. The lady I go to has been doing them for about 13 years and trains lots of people. She cringes at the thought of poorly trained technicians.

My lashes last me 6-8 weeks. They do look fabulous when you first get them done. The technician suggested gently combing the lashes with something fine like a toothpick. They get harder to untwist as the weeks go on.

The glue that my technician uses is one that is not as chemically. She recommends not wetting them for at least 24 hours after getting them done as this interferes with the glue. I also do as much as I can not to touch them.

I think you should definitely tell the person who did them how disappointing the results are. You don't need to pull out your lashes coz a good technician can also gently take them off for you.

Hope you have a better experience next time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I had lash extensions to attend a wedding, too. I chose the photographic length, so it would show in pics. I probably should have gone with the natural length as photographic was too long. Mine lasted a long time as it was attached one by one, but to give volume, she added a few more lashes to the one she put on but still did it one by one. I had to get them removed professionally one week later since I could not stand to have them on day and night. They were too long.

You should complain to the salon that did it for you. That is definitely unacceptable. Ask for a refund!
joichihara

Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I know exactly how you feel...I am so frustrated...MAKE SURE YOU GO TO A QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN.... I just had my eyelash extension put on before I left on my vacation...My husband was furious because he feels the technician didn't know what he was doing...first of all it was painful (I think it was way to thick, I heard the technician say he put on wedding eyelashes, and I think he put on way to much on), I could not practice yoga because the sweat would collect on the eyelashes...it would sting and I had to stop constantly so that I can try to dry my eyes out.....I could not even put on my shades, eyelashes would push in and block my vision, also painful. I was told the lashes would last 4 to 6 weeks mine only lasted a week...well my eye lash started to fall off the minute I left the salon....I thought okay it must be the excess....not....they kept falling off each day... I thought maybe this is good because now it won't be as painful...not...my eyes still felt uncomfortable...the eyelashes seem to poke my eyelids...the lashes were not soft but stiff... (maybe the lashes were cheap). Now I am back from my week vacation with bald spots...I called the technician and he blamed me...what did I do...he gave me instruction and I listen.. not to use any oils on my eye lids, I didn't touch them and then he tells me that maybe I am an exceptions that I am the type that should not be using eye lash extention is this true? I personally didn't think he didn't know what was doing and he used cheap products because the lashes were falling off to quickly...I didn't do anything to them...but workout...could working out cause them to fall out easily...if that is the case they need to mention to clients that if you are active person this may not be good for you...a waste of time and money....
Gold_Yellow
5% products discount

Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines :
you should defently go back to the salon and talk to them. Ask for refund or something.

If you ask me I would say going for extensions is a bad option. I would recommend going for eyelash serums like lilash

Serums make your own lash grow, It really works.
Extensions are money down the drain

Cheers
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear of your bad experience Joichihara. That sounds awful. Working out should not affect extensions. If you want to try again, go to someone very experienced in the technique and explain what happened before. The salon that I used to go to would do just a few lashes - say 5 on the corner of each eye just for definition. They would do whatever the client wanted really. Extensions have their place their instant but temporary nature is exactly right for some people.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm really sorry you have had such bad experiences with lash extensions.

I'm in UK and have extensions called Lavish Lashes. I had mine done two weeks ago and although I do lose a few, I still have most of them. I have a top up after three weeks, but they still look good.
I don't have a full set, I have about 30 on each eye. They have two types of glue, but the one irritates my eyes so they use the black glue. Again, I do not wet then for the first 24 hours and then they are fine. I use a mascara brush every morning to seperate them
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Well, I never tried eyelash exttensions again. I did purchase a few pairs of false eyelashes from Sephora (brand: Make Up For Ever) and also the Duo Eyelash Adhesive. Make Up For Ever has over 50 styles of False Eyelashes to choose from. I haven't attempted putting them on yet.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I have considered getting lash extension but luckily my sis introduced me to Lilash. It is a serum which helps your lashes to grow fuller and longer. I must say, it works great. My lashes are so long they touch the sunglasses.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I've always been curious about eyelash extensions, lots of useful info here!

Can you use mascara with the extensions or do you just comb your lashes?

I also saw that some stores and websites they are selling false lash applicators, some kind of plastic thing that helps you put on the false lashes more easily.

I still haven't gotten around to trying any fake lashes.
My eyelashes are somewhat long, and I do want to try the Nyx feather eyelashes, but not too sure where I'd wear them too.
-maybe to a club or some fancy opera soiree? I guess.
I don't think those crazy feather eyelashes are for daytime Rolling Eyes

I think these posts here have convinced me not to try glue on lashes!
I'll save my money to shop at EDS!
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is really a painful experience.....

Actually I have unhappy expereince on false eyelash as well...yes, the salon also told me that the extension can last for at least 3 weeks...well...but after just 2 days, they started clumping and some sections missing.....!!

It was really unbearable so I went back to the salon to remove them off....luckily, the salon finally refunded 50% to me.

So MystyPines, I think you should ask your salon to have refund too!!
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I had it done sometime back too. While the extensions did last a while on me, I faced numerous problems that rest of you ladies did too.
I didnt' like the fact that after a few days the lashes just looked clumpy and bent in different directions.
Didn't like that if I use a sleeping eyemask over my eyes, the lashes would be bent horrifically.
I also didnt like that take off make up is a problem without rubbing the lashes and hence losing some of them in the process.

Most importantly after removal, own lashes are half gone too.

So despite having very dark rimmed eyes with the extensions, the cons that came with it did not justify doing this again, ever. Smile
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I've always been curious about eyelash extensions, lots of useful info here!

Can you use mascara with the extensions or do you just comb your lashes?

I found that mascara was unnecessary with extensions.

I can't stress enough that the skill of the beautician is really important. I was lucky finding someone quite by accident, that does a great job. If you want to try it and assess the skill of the beautician, why don't you ask for a fixed number of lashes - say 7 on each eye to be applied? (My salon will do this at $2 per lash). You can get quite a stunning effect in this way and won't spend much. I think too that problem arise from having too many lashes applied. that's when they look clumpy and feel uncomfortable.

I would LOVE to try the very glam, feather and sparkly lashes but think I'm a bit long in the tooth for that kind of fun. Very Happy

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

True Cosmetics Essential Radiance Skin Polish (100 ml / 3.39 floz) Fake Bake Bronzy Babe Pressed Powder (11 g / 0.39 oz) Skin Biology Tinpep Hand Cream Large (114 g / 4 oz)