Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Burnout Sunscreen Review (physical sunscreen) -RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:40 am      Reply with quote
That mean Zinc oxide is the best one.

DarkMoon: I have a silly question, can we put coconut oil and shea butter to replace sunsreen?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:45 am      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
That mean Zinc oxide is the best one.

DarkMoon: I have a silly question, can we put coconut oil and shea butter to replace sunsreen?

They have a very slight SPF so I defiantly would not count on either as a sunscreen. I do not burn but I was in Jamaica almost 40 years ago (a tanner back then) and some very nice Rastafarians gave me some freshly rendered coconut oil and I was a very deep brown after my two week vacation! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Dark Moon, thanks for your reply.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:44 am      Reply with quote
beauty mask wrote:
Dark Moon, thanks for your reply.

You are very welcome beauty mask,

Look for a good high percentage Zinc Oxide sunscreen that agrees with your skin! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Darkmoon, where did you get those awesome sunscreen charts from? They are great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Darkmoon, where did you get those awesome sunscreen charts from? They are great!

Sorry cm,

I just googled for chart comparison sunscreen and found a few that I saved and uploaded to photobucket! Feel free to save them on your pc, I still have them just in case! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to f/u since this thread popped up again.

I purchased Burnout last summer. Used it every time we went to the lake. At least 1-2 days a week out on the water for 4-6 hours. And ZERO burning, and very little color. This product WILL stay in my beach bag for sure!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:55 am      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Just wanted to f/u since this thread popped up again.

I purchased Burnout last summer. Used it every time we went to the lake. At least 1-2 days a week out on the water for 4-6 hours. And ZERO burning, and very little color. This product WILL stay in my beach bag for sure!

I know it has been working very well for me, and that is year round with my climate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I have and used Burnout in the white tube for babies and the yellow tube (forget the name of that one)....as far as I can tell, they are the same formula? Am I having a senior moment? LOL

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I have and used Burnout in the white tube for babies and the yellow tube (forget the name of that one)....as far as I can tell, they are the same formula? Am I having a senior moment? LOL

BFG

If my memory is correct the blue and white is Clean and Clear, I think the yellow is the Ocean Tested?

I have the kids one and clean and clear. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:02 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

Sorry cm,

I just googled for chart comparison sunscreen and found a few that I saved and uploaded to photobucket! Feel free to save them on your pc, I still have them just in case! Laughing

Thanks, Darkmoon.

And thanks very much to everyone who contributed to this thread. I think I am going to try Burnout next Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:05 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

Sorry cm,

Thanks, Darkmoon.

And thanks very much to everyone who contributed to this thread. I think I am going to try Burnout next Smile

I hope you find it works well for you cm, I just wish I had provided links to those charts! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I wasn't clear - no matter the color of the tube, it seems that all Burnout formulas are the same..how they look, how they look on the skin, how they feel, the amount of protection, etc.

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Maybe I wasn't clear - no matter the color of the tube, it seems that all Burnout formulas are the same..how they look, how they look on the skin, how they feel, the amount of protection, etc.

BFG

O.K. I agree on the 2 I have used which are the kids and the clean and clear.

Sorry I thought you wanted the names, I think whatever difference they have is negligible as far as formula is concerned. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say that I love Burnout but now ONLY for my body.

After much deliberation I have determined that the capric/caprylic triglycerides were clogging my pores & causing whiteheads! (was using the clean & clear on face)

So for now it's pratima's vetiver for face until I get a chance to make my own.
havana8

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:22 am      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:

I believe the top chart may be from a 2006 EPA sunscreen document (page 4): http://www.epa.gov/sunwise/doc/sunscreen.pdf

and the second one may be from here: http://salemvascular.com/uncategorized/why-use-elta-md-sunscreens/

with a similar chart here from P&G: http://www.pgbeautyscience.com/assets/files/research_updates/UV%20Toolkit%20063005.pdf

Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
cm5597 wrote:

I believe the top chart may be from a 2006 EPA sunscreen document (page 4): http://www.epa.gov/sunwise/doc/sunscreen.pdf

and the second one may be from here: http://salemvascular.com/uncategorized/why-use-elta-md-sunscreens/

with a similar chart here from P&G: http://www.pgbeautyscience.com/assets/files/research_updates/UV%20Toolkit%20063005.pdf

Smile

Thank you Havana,

I happened to clear my browser history and forgot to book mark the sites I came across them at! Embarassed

I was going to search again, but you found them before I got around to doing so! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't seem to matter which version of Burnout I use - they all seem to go on the same way, feel the same way and protect the same way...so???

BFG
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
It doesn't seem to matter which version of Burnout I use - they all seem to go on the same way, feel the same way and protect the same way...so???

BFG

I am not sure what?
I know some find a difference, I have only used the two I listed. I know the Ocean Tested is supposedly water resistant, but I always reapply after being in the water so never purchased that one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

I am not sure what?
I know some find a difference, I have only used the two I listed. I know the Ocean Tested is supposedly water resistant, but I always reapply after being in the water so never purchased that one.

I tried all 3...hated the Clean one because it did not apply as smoothly. The Ocean Tested was the most moisturing, but I ended up liking the Kids version best for my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BFG

I am not sure what?

I tried all 3...hated the Clean one because it did not apply as smoothly. The Ocean Tested was the most moisturing, but I ended up liking the Kids version best for my face.

LOL.

It shows just how individual we all are, I never have a problem with clean and clear or the kids, they both seem to be the same on my face!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I only tried the kids version and the ocean tested. I agree that the Ocean Tested feels more moisturizing. Unfortunately something in the forumlas seem to irritate my skin and I felt that it was part of the cause of my eczema. I am using up an old Cotz sunscreen but I am going back to Pratima.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I only tried the kids version and the ocean tested. I agree that the Ocean Tested feels more moisturizing. Unfortunately something in the forumlas seem to irritate my skin and I felt that it was part of the cause of my eczema. I am using up an old Cotz sunscreen but I am going back to Pratima.

Bummer on the irritation. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Pratima!? So you've changed your mind about it?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

Pratima!? So you've changed your mind about it?

Yes! Jom, the first bottle I tried (thanks to you!), you know it was horrible, but I decided to buy another bottle and I have to say that of all the sunscreens I have used, Pratima was the best. The consistency was entirely different than that initial bottle! I hope that this isn't a case of one time the formula is nice, and the next it is different (and horrible) again! I'll let you know after I get my next bottle!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |