Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Burnout Sunscreen Review (physical sunscreen) -RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I've decided it's time to review it. I'm something of a (physical) sunscreen connoisseur. I've been looking for the best zinc oxide based sunscreen for a couple of years now and I have to say my favorite is Burnout. I've already repurchased it and my sister loves it as well- for the first time she's willing to wear sunscreen every day. She says that it "heals" her skin. (It did- her skin got better!)

It was 18.6% zinc oxide and the other ingredients are good too. There is no white cast, there is no flaking, it's easy to spread on dry skin, it does not feel heavy. It's reasonably priced- it's 18$ for 3.4 oz. The packaging is perfect- it's an easy to squeeze tube.

They offer 3 formulas- ocean tested, kid, and clean and clear. That's in order from more moisturizing to less. My favorite is the kid version.

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 18.6%

Other Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Capric/Capryllic Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sorbitol, Imperata Cylindrical (Root) Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Arabidopsis Extract, Plantago Lanceolata (Plantain) Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Plankton Extract, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sold! Thanks for your review, Nimue. I love my Devita (I use the solar body block for face as well) but was thinking about upping the protection for summer. If you like it, I know it's got to be good! Smile I think I'll start with the kids and the clean and clear. And I'm so pleased that it's micronized; DH seems to have some sort of allergy to zinclear... I'm gonna try their lip balm while I'm at it: Jane Iredale is my go-to but is a little pricey. Thanks again!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
MR001
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
How to tell wether a sun screen works or not?
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I don't actually test it out. As in, put sunscreen on one half my face, and nothing on the other half of my face and see what happens. I know zinc oxide is a good physical sunblock ingredient, and this formula has a high % of zinc oxide, so that's enough for me.

I think that almost all physical sunscreens with high zinc oxide %'s *work* so once I'm happy with the ingredients I rate a sunscreen based on how now nice it feels on my skin and how much it costs and how it's packaged, etc. I've never burned or even tanned much (I think) while wearing physical sunscreens so they all seem to work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to chime in here too. I've been using Burnout (the Ocean Tested version) for the last 2 weeks and it is absolutely my holy grail sunscreen! No white cast, you can't even tell you have it on after a little while. I have no problem using it as part of my daily routine under make up.
Great stuff! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to get samples of the Burnout, but they said they were out for 6-8 weeks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue,

What is it about the kids formula that appeals to you more than the others? Smile

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Nimue,

What is it about the kids formula that appeals to you more than the others? Smile

TIA

There's actually not much difference. It's in the middle in terms of how moisturizing it is. It feels great on my skin and it's supposed to be a little more water resistant than the "clean and clear" version but it's still light enough to be comfortable. I'm going with the "Kid" right now because it feels lighter than the ocean tested version but a little more substantial than the clean and clear version. But really, I like all three.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I tried to get samples of the Burnout, but they said they were out for 6-8 weeks!

It's summer! I wouldn't wait 6-8 weeks! It's not that expensive, so I would just order a full size. (I did do that, I didn't ask for a sample first)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome! I feel like I've been talking about it for a while and there wasn't anyone reporting their experience with it so I was beginning to wonder if people tried it but didn't like it.

Nymue wrote:
I just wanted to chime in here too. I've been using Burnout (the Ocean Tested version) for the last 2 weeks and it is absolutely my holy grail sunscreen! No white cast, you can't even tell you have it on after a little while. I have no problem using it as part of my daily routine under make up.
Great stuff! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered one of each. They are having a special on Amazon where "you save 15% each on All BurnOut Suncare offered by BurnOut Suncare when you purchase 1 or more."

Shipping was also pretty affordable at less than $5 for all 3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?brand=BurnOut%26ref_=bl_sr_beauty%26node=11055981

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:

There's actually not much difference. It's in the middle in terms of how moisturizing it is. It feels great on my skin and it's supposed to be a little more water resistant than the "clean and clear" version but it's still light enough to be comfortable. I'm going with the "Kid" right now because it feels lighter than the ocean tested version but a little more substantial than the clean and clear version. But really, I like all three.

Thanks Nimue!

At such a reasonable price I think it's worth a try! I appreciate your response and detail about the different formulas, it's a bit confusing just looking on the site! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I just ordered one of each. They are having a special on Amazon where "you save 15% each on All BurnOut Suncare offered by BurnOut Suncare when you purchase 1 or more."

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/?brand=BurnOut%26ref_=bl_sr_beauty%26node=11055981

Great info Bethany, I will have to take a look and probably order some myself! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:

Great info Bethany, I will have to take a look and probably order some myself! Smile

It's a lot cheaper than some options, and with the Nimue seal of approval, it's got to be good! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

It's a lot cheaper than some options, and with the Nimue seal of approval, it's got to be good! Very Happy

It's a great deal on Amazon! You just have to love the Nimue seal of approval! Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Where can you buy this in Canada?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I got my package on Saturday, and tried the Eco/Clean version today. I'll be trying each one for several days and then will report back in. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I got my package on Saturday, and tried the Eco/Clean version today. I'll be trying each one for several days and then will report back in. Smile

I'm looking forward to your hearing your opinion on it!

Regarding sun protection: My sister and I recently went on a hiking trip and we were totally protected. We weren't pink at all, I don't think we even tanned. We did reapply after swimming. A couple that was with us said they were "too lazy" for sunscreen even though I offered them mine and they got really burned with very obvious outlines of their sunglasses.

(I don't get that, how can you be too lazy for sunscreen when it's right there in front of you and you know you'll get burned and it's going to hurt)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Are these all spf30?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Are these all spf30?

They all have 18.6% zinc oxide, which is excellent. I don't believe that spf is a good measure of sun protection, but they do have "spf 32" on the tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 am      Reply with quote
The Burnout sunscreens are high on the EWG list of safe sunscreens for 2010.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I finally placed my order for 2 of the formulas and shipping is going out the next day, with July 4th weekend it will be about a week getting here but can't wait to give it a go! The only one I didn't order was the ocean tested? Will keep you all posted on what I think on my normal skin and summer Florida sun! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I finally placed my order for 2 of the formulas and shipping is going out the next day, with July 4th weekend it will be about a week getting here but can't wait to give it a go! The only one I didn't order was the ocean tested? Will keep you all posted on what I think on my normal skin and summer Florida sun! Smile

Yes, would be most interested to see how it performs in the Florida summer sun!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Yes, would be most interested to see how it performs in the Florida summer sun!

Yeah it's brutal here in the summer the sun is so strong! I will definitely report in on this! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Bethany, how are you liking the Burnout sunscreens?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |