Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Burnout Sunscreen Review (physical sunscreen) -RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I got my package on Saturday, and tried the Eco/Clean version today. I'll be trying each one for several days and then will report back in. Smile

Bethany, how are you liking the Burnout sunscreens?

I am really liking it! But I have to tell you that I don't see a huge difference between the 3 versions. If I had to pick one, it would be the Kids version for my face, and any of them for my body.

They go on smoothly, and I don't see any white mask. They are a tad tacky until they dry, but then they leave a matte finish. And once it dries, I really forget that I have it on.

But they are not heavy on the silicones like ZO Oclipse/Melashade, so they do not have that primer-like quality. But definitely a solid, quality, economical sunscreen for both every day AND a day at the beach.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am really liking it! But I have to tell you that I don't see a huge difference between the 3 versions. If I had to pick one, it would be the Kids version for my face, and any of them for my body.

They go on smoothly, and I don't see any white mask. They are a tad tacky until they dry, but then they leave a matte finish. And once it dries, I really forget that I have it on.

But they are not heavy on the silicones like ZO Oclipse/Melashade, so they do not have that primer-like quality. But definitely a solid, quality, economical sunscreen for both every day AND a day at the beach.

Thanks for the update. They sound good!
gumdropday
5% products discount

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say that I purchased the Kid's version based on this thread and I am very happy that I did. I had bought two other mineral sunscreens previous to this one and wasn't happy with either. This is the perfect "weight" and soaks in fast with no white residue.

Thank you!!
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

It sounds like your experience is about the same as mine!
It's definitely true that they are very similar and the kid
version is the one to get if you're unsure but
recently I've seen the appeal of the ocean tested one too so I
think I'll be sticking to the kid and the ocean tested ones.

Melashade- I do still use melashade. This is my routine: first I
apply a lot of the burnout, then I mix just a tiny dab of
melashade with some burnout in the palm of my hand and I apply
it to the area around my eyes and whatever's left to my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
gumdropday wrote:
I just wanted to say that I purchased the Kid's version based on this thread and I am very happy that I did. I had bought two other mineral sunscreens previous to this one and wasn't happy with either. This is the perfect "weight" and soaks in fast with no white residue.

Thank you!!

Awesome! The kid version is definitely the one to get if you just want to try one. I think that our knee jerk instinct is to get the lightest sounding version, which is the "clean and clear", but after a lot of use of all of the different versions the clean and clear is actually my least favorite.

(full disclosure: when I first ordered I ordered only the clean and clear and thought there was no point in trying the other ones)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
bethany wrote:

It sounds like your experience is about the same as mine!

It's definitely true that they are very similar and the kid version is the one to get if you're unsure butrecently I've seen the appeal of the ocean tested one too so I think I'll be sticking to the kid and the ocean tested ones.

Melashade- I do still use melashade. This is my routine: first I apply a lot of the burnout, then I mix just a tiny dab of melashade with some burnout in the palm of my hand and I apply
it to the area around my eyes and whatever's left to my face.

I will try mixing a little Melashade in...I am sure that will make it pretty close to perfect!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
gumdropday wrote:

Thank you!!

I have to agree with you...this product makes it FAR more likely that I will actually wear sunscreen every day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Do any of you that uses this sunscreen have dry skin? From what I've gathered the Ocean Tested is the most moisturizing, but a lot of you are saying the Kid's version is the best. Smile
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
The Ocean Tested is the most moisturizing and I think that would be the most suitable one for dry skin. However, the Kid's version is also moisturizing. It depends on how dry your skin is. I think the Ocean Tested might get a tad oily in the current hot summer weather. So it would be sensible to have a back up in case of changing weather or skin condition. My skin can vary from day to day.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
The Ocean Tested is the most moisturizing and I think that would be the most suitable one for dry skin. However, the Kid's version is also moisturizing. It depends on how dry your skin is. I think the Ocean Tested might get a tad oily in the current hot summer weather. So it would be sensible to have a back up in case of changing weather or skin condition. My skin can vary from day to day.

Thanks for your reply M1rox. Maybe I should just order both sunscreens.I'm also thinking about trying the Nia24 sunscreen. I can't make up my mind. Very Happy
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Thanks for your reply M1rox. Maybe I should just order both sunscreens.I'm also thinking about trying the Nia24 sunscreen. I can't make up my mind. Very Happy

I haven't tried Nia24 sunscreen but I don't even consider it an option. It has only 3.6% zinc oxide compared to Burnout's 18.6%. No contest! In addition to that, it's more three times expensive (per ounce) than burnout.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

I haven't tried Nia24 sunscreen but I don't even consider it an option. It has only 3.6% zinc oxide compared to Burnout's 18.6%. No contest! In addition to that, it's more three times expensive (per ounce) than burnout.

You bring up a good point Nimue. I totally forgot about the percentages. I haven't even been able to wear sunscreen because my face is so dry. So I was thinking that the Nia24 may be somewhat moisturizing. But now that you bring that factor up I better stick to trying the Burnout and maybe something else with more Zinc. Thanks!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I have tried NIA24 sunscreen as part of their trial pack. I don't find it to be moisturising. And for a sunscreen, it's rather expensive.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
I have tried NIA24 sunscreen as part of their trial pack. I don't find it to be moisturising. And for a sunscreen, it's rather expensive.

I agree - I find the NIA24 sunscreen to be rather drying on my skin. I won't repurchase it.

The trial pack is a good way to sample 4 of their products for ~$35 (cleanser, scrub, sunscreen, and skin strengthening complex). They sell it at drugstore.com
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=203872&catid=22381
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
SkinCareJunkie wrote:

Plus it leaves a ghosty look on my skin (even though I'm fair!) and it feels VERY slimy on my tzone. I'll be using mine up on my arms and chest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
SkinCareJunkie wrote:
Do any of you that uses this sunscreen have dry skin? From what I've gathered the Ocean Tested is the most moisturizing, but a lot of you are saying the Kid's version is the best. Smile

I have dry skin, except for my tzone...the Kids version is really the best of both worlds, and worked for both the dry and oily parts of my face. I am really liking it! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Well it looks like the jury has ruled! In with the Burnout and out with the NIA24 sunscreen! Thanks so much! Now I don't have to waste my money. Very Happy
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
They also have lip balms with zinc oxide. I've been using them too. I would prefer them to be less thick, but I guess this is how all lip balms are.

Actually, what I would *really* love is to have a tinted lip product with zinc oxide. That would be awesome. Like one of the 100% pure lip glosses, just with zinc oxide added to it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nimue,
I remember u tried Keys Solar sunscreen before and just want to compare the two. Keys Solar kinda leaves a slight white cast on but what about the Burnout then? And is it thick and sticky at all?

You mentioned that it's slightly water resistant, what do you use at night to remove it? Would a cleansing cream/milk be sufficent? I hate using cleansing oil!

And how does it work under MMU?

Do u know if they sell it anywhere in stores in Vancouver BC?

Sry for all the questions! hehe Very Happy Thanks!
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
They also have lip balms with zinc oxide. I've been using them too. I would prefer them to be less thick, but I guess this is how all lip balms are.

Actually, what I would *really* love is to have a tinted lip product with zinc oxide. That would be awesome. Like one of the 100% pure lip glosses, just with zinc oxide added to it.

I have the Badger SPF 15 lip balm. It leaves my lips pure white! I only use it when I'm going to be outside or in the car for along time.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
To the Canadian gals Very Happy
I ordered it from their site last week, probably Friday and I got the Ocean SS today by Priority Mail. I paid 9.99 shipping, I think US. I will have to confirm that when my credit card bill arrives. It was shipped from Santa Cruz, California and I am in the Nicola Region in BC... not bad.

I have dry skin and I do like it. Thank you to the OP for introducing it to the forum.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
I ordered it from their site last week, probably Friday and I got the Ocean SS today by Priority Mail. I paid 9.99 shipping, I think US. I will have to confirm that when my credit card bill arrives. It was shipped from Santa Cruz, California and I am in the Nicola Region in BC... not bad.

I have dry skin and I do like it. Thank you to the OP for introducing it to the forum.

Margarett, is it leaving any white cast on your skin and it is very moisturizing?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:

Margarett, is it leaving any white cast on your skin and it is very moisturizing?

Rileygirl,

When I just first applied it, I said oh no, not again the white ghost! but after 10 minutes it absorbs into your skin and for my olive complexion is quite good, but not perfect. It does not look dry like the ZO Oclipse which accentuates my fine lines -I hate that!- and it is not oily AT ALL like a lot of other chemical SS I've tried (Clarins, Vichy and Biotherm). I do not know on the long run, but I am putting everything else away.
With the Oclipse after one hour I felt my face very dry, like thirsty, like I needed to run and wipe everything away and apply moisturizer. With this one, I feel it fresh and clean all the time I have had it on. I really, really recommend it for all skin types, not oily at all and not dry/white.

Now, I only hope it does protect me well.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:

I'm going to have to try them!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Before I purchase this sunscreen I have one more question. Does it have a strong smell?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |