Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Foundation for oily skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
H.C.J_

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
i desperately need a foundation that's good for oily skin and has good coverage. I've heard of a few but i'm not sure which is best, they're:
estee lauder double stay, chanel mat lumiere, revlon colourstay and mac studiofix foundation.
Does anyone know which of these is best?
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi!I would like to suggest the foundation of Hourglass.It is really good for oil skin and the summer time. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried mineral make up? That is the only product that doesn't slide off my oily t zone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I have very oily skin and actually I can't use mineral makeup, it clumps and looks horrible on me after an hour or so.

The only foundations I find work for very oily skin are the powder foundations (such as MAC studiofix) with a liberal dose of face powder on top and oil blot papers throughout the day! Sad
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
While I haven't tried it myself, I know that Nars foundations have 2 versions: matte and sheer. The matte is supposed to be for oily skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am      Reply with quote
I HIGHLLLLLLY recommend the oil-free clarins (in a squeeze bottle) foundation. I am a makeup artist and love this for oily clients!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
does the clarins foundation give good coverage and last a long time?
Reggie99

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I love Smashbox Halo. If you use it with a primer (I have used Smashbox Photofinish for Oily Skin and Pur Minerals Green colour correction primers) it will stay on and it feels great. I actually found it helped my skin look better. You can use a concealer underneath if you like. I have used the Mac Studio Finish (the kind of solid one in the tub). I find my skin looks better after using the Halo for a few weeks. It isn't as oily Very Happy
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am      Reply with quote
Jlynne minerals is really good for oily skin. The owner has oily skin so she really knows alot. Its too drying for me unless its summer and humid and her service is top notch. I have a referral code if you want it.

Other good foundations to try are Clinique Superfit, Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Doublestay. My fave is the Clinique. The Revlon is really hard to remove unless you use oil and then follow with water based cleanser and then toner.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a lot of foundations. Revlon color stay is really suitable for oily skin, and this foundation stays on skin very well.
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I used to hate mineral make up, that was till I found Nude by Nature. It is a very simple product with 4 completely natural products.

I find that the powder helps to abosrb the oil and gives great coverage. I find it is very important to lightly build up the powder for a natural finish. And it's got some sunscreen in it! Bonus!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Try the colorstay. Great coverage and very affordable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
i love revlon colorstay! it works for my oily skin.. after putting on revlon colorstay, i brush baby powder onto my face then MAC studiofix pressed powder after.. Smile
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I also have very oily skin and found that foundation broke me out, so I just use some tinted moisturizer
sarah1977

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve suffered with oily skin since I was about 12 years old – it’s probably my most researched topic EVER! Haha
So, let me share some products that have really helped me…

The VERY best foundation I’ve ever found is Estee Lauder Max Cover Foundation. It’s a liquid & is packed with pigment, but feels very light weight on the skin. It provides about 95% coverage & you don’t even need to wear concealer underneath. This stuff lasts through oily skin, humidity and even swimming (if you just blot-dry your face with a towel & don’t rub). It costs around $28 at department stores or online at the Estee Lauder website.
I owe this makeup discovery to a company called Mattify Cosmetics – I found it on their skin tips page a couple years ago and have never worn any other makeup since. The Mattify company also makes a very useful product for oily skin, called Mattify! Loose Powder. I wear it under and over my Estee Lauder and it helps me stay oil-free for 4 hours at a time (which on my skin, is a small miracle!) Then, to get your makeup to stay in place even longer, you can use a product called Model in a Bottle Spray. It’s a makeup setting spray that you use after all of your makeup is on & it helps everything be smudge-free all day long.

I was reading that you mentioned Estee Lauder Doublestay and Revlon Colorstay – have tried those two as well - they both feel sticky, heavy, and don’t provide a whole lot of coverage. The Mac Studio is very thin…they claim it has “buildable” coverage, but you have to pile on about 4 layers to get any type of coverage at all. The same goes for tinted moisturizers (I saw that someone suggested those) but they are an awful idea for oily skin. They make the skin more oily, clog the pores, and don’t hide any blemishes. The same goes for most mineral makeups. If you really want to try a mineral formula, go with L’Oreal Minerals. They provide about 70% coverage, and are matte & fairly long lasting. Hope this helps you out!!
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Revlon Color Stay is the best. I continue to use it and no longer have oily skin. CS Buff is one of the best drug store finds for yellow undertone skin.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Far and away my favorite one is this:

http://www.amazon.com/Physicians-Formula-Mineral-Loose-Powder/dp/B000W7UXTE

It evens out my complexion, can be used as a concealer, feels lightweight, and most importantly gives me a 'glow from within' look. I still need to blot once or twice a day. I mixed in a bit of silica powder (ie MUFE HD powder) for more oil absorbency. Plus it's fairly low cost ($12).

Another nice one is MUFE Face and Body. More $, but it's waterproof. It's light coverage. Powder is needed.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
falllegend
5% products discount

Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
the same question!
Maria Kroug

Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Try Clinique Superfit make-up. I've been using it for years - love it. Also, it's oil-free, good coverage, and doesn't make my skin break out. I also use their powder - it's called, Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder.

Hope this helps!
Chloe81

Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have issues with the oillies and I use Alima mineral make up and love it. It covers perfectly, and controls shine like nothing else Ive tried AND it doesnt rub off or feel like Im wearing any makeup...love it
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Loooooving Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+. Absolutely spectacular. Used it today sans powder and I only got a little shiny late afternoon - little MAC blot powder and voila matte healthy skin.

I've used Bobbi Brown's Natural Finish foundation which is also supposed to be good for oily skin but I found it clinged to any flaky skin I had so wasn't overly impressed with that. MUFE might do the same depending on your skin but it hasn't done it to me.

Big fan, and I've gone through a ton of foundations to get to this one. One caveat though - I believe it is exclusive to Sephora.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |