Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Supplement that really tighten your skin/improve elasticity?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
insomniaisagingmeearly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone come across a supplement that you can definitely say has increased your skin elasticity? Tightened your sagging face?
Pleasssssse share! I'm going through a really hard time physically and would like to try to hold on to some of my looks til I figure out what is causing the rapid aging.

I read biotin may help? I dont want to try msm because I've heard it causes insomnia.

Thank you! Smile
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard of Biotin being helpful for this.

I take MSM and it doesn't give me insomnia but since you already have an issue with insomnia its probably best to avoid it for now.

Maybe Biosil, try a board search for it.
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I started taking Alpha lipoic acid 2 months ago I think its working as I feel skin is more fresh and saggy feel is not there anymore.Try it it may help

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
tesshood12

Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure your muscles receive plenty of calories and protein as a healthy diet is always needed.Try adding some whey protein to your workout routine drink a nice scoop of it immediately after your workout to supply your muscles with the needed protein. Make sure you have plenty of sleep because your skin only glow and get fresh while you rest..
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:23 am      Reply with quote
hi IIAME - sorry to hear you're still not having any joy! Do you use retin-a? This thickens your skin and will probably tighten up your skin as a result..

what about facial exercises and massage - i can't remember if you had tried any of these?

and skin brushing? also supposed to thicken your skin

EDIT: sorry you said supplement! try biosil, i tried it for a while but didnt notice any effects on my skin cos i was taking it for my hair, but thinking about it my skin was way nicer back then! If your skin is aging, you probably need something to plump it up too, try taking hyaluronic acid (works on lips too!)

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
I started taking Alpha lipoic acid 2 months ago I think its working as I feel skin is more fresh and saggy feel is not there anymore.Try it it may help

Can you please share which one you are taking?
I see here 600mg, 300mg or 100mg.

Thanks.
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:06 am      Reply with quote
I am taking 200 mg once a day ....alternating it with a multivitamin I hate taking MV but after birth of my daughter 8 months ago I had to take it ...Please share your current skincare routine with us here ...People will be able to help if we knew more...
Also found this ....I really want to try it may be someone else tried this before...heres some information

The idea that a biomarine-based complex can shore up aging skin may sound a little fishy, but the evidence is impressive, says Baumann. Postmenopausal women taking the supplement (which is recommended for those age 50 and up) saw significant improvement in skin firmness and smoothness in a 6-month study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition—and the results were seen on the face, décolletage, and hands. Likewise, in a similar 12-week study on women taking a sister supplement (Imedeen Time Perfection, suggested for women 35 to 50), skin's moisture content increased by 30%. Other changes include a visible reduction in fine lines, a fading of sunspots, and an overall brighter complexion.

The contents of the Imedeen capsules--which contain a proprietary protein derived from a deep-sea fish and high concentrations of antioxidants such as vitamin C and lycopene--work in part by increasing production of collagen and elastin, as well as hyaluronic acid, the body's natural moisturizer, says Imedeen's Lars Lindmark, PhD.

Take the Imedeen supplement suggested for your age, advises Baumann, who uses Time Perfection herself and recommends it to patients. Although a 90-day supply of Prime Renewal ($265) is significantly more expensive than Time Perfection ($195; both at imedeen.us), the dosage supplies twice the amount of the biomarine complex.

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
http://www.skin-one.com/imedeen-time-perfection.html

here are the ingredients but after reading them I noticed I also started drinking V8 REGULAR ONE that Lycopene ( From tomatoes?)in it too I do eat a lot of fish because my choices are limited when it comes to eating out .....so Basically I am eating what that 300 $ supplement has in it?Smile Just saying:)

YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
I am taking 200 mg once a day ....alternating it with a multivitamin I hate taking MV but after birth of my daughter 8 months ago I had to take it ...Please share your current skincare routine with us here ...People will be able to help if we knew more...

Well, i really can use some help. I am in my yearly 40s, but my skin is very "active". I have to fight with pimples on a daily basis same as i was a teenager. I must use daily Glycolic Acid face washers - the only thing that cleans my pores. If i skip few days - i get pimples.

I can not use natural moisturizers like AHAVA or BodyShop even for short period of time. My pores immediately get clogged. Lancome products work for me pretty well, but they do not improve my skin a bit. Just not making it worst.

I drink a lot of water with lemon, i eat pretty healthy (fish at least few days a week, salads, almost no red meet, chicken few days a week, lots of fruits and vegetables), last few months i started to take Biotin (mostly for hear, because i was loosing too much). A week ago i added Tanaka massage. I also ordered Tretinoin, waiting for it to arrive. I am sooooo glad i found this forum!

I wander what can i add to my skincare routine to actually improve my skin condition.
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Like Insomnia, I have found my skin has rapidly aged this past year. I also have sleep problems, but not as severe as hers, thankfully.
I think stress and law school, plus being 39, is the problem for me. I've always been prone to high-stress, but this past year was alot. I'm taking a TON of supplements, and the only thing I noticed that seemed to actually make any difference so far is fish oil. I noticed my very fine, thin hair was looking a bit fuller and shinier, and nice nails. I've always had bad hair and nails, so I was surprised. My hair person even noticed the difference in my hair!
But skin, nope. Have increased cellulite, despite being a compulsive exerciser, sretch marks (with no weight change?!), and definitely deepened lines on my face. UGH!
I take alpha lipoic acid, and a billion other supplements. If anyone has a miracle, PLEASE post it!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a few supplement, including MSM, fish oil etc etc (still have a lot stock!) but did not see any big difference. I am now taking Chinese herbal tea and have stopped taking supplement.

Heard lot of positive feedback by taking Hyaluronic Acid and collagen.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I think my skin really started to head south this past year. I don't get much sleep at night and haven't for years. I think this is a huge player in aging. I have tried a ton of supplements and I never see any difference in my skin with them.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Hyaluronic Acid has worked for me as a good skin supplement.

Riley have you tried melatonin to help sleep?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Now that is 1 supplement I have not tried and no I haven't tried melatonin. I don't have a problem falling to sleep, but my dogs get me up at 4 and then I can't get back to sleep after that. I also get my 2nd wind at night and stay up until about midnight. So 4 hours isn't much time!
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I think I'll try the HA. FYI - I tried melatonin and it didn't work for me. But then, alot of stuff doesn't work for me.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can not use natural moisturizers like AHAVA or BodyShop even for short period of time"

----------------------------------
In response to this,
Body Shop is really not that natural.
They really have people fooled quite well with their ads.

They still use a lot of chemicals in their items and until recently even had parabens in their items (learned from a sale associate at my last visit there).

I still kind of like some Body Shop items though ...I would try and look up the ingredients to their items and you will learn a lot from that.

I just tried a face cream from Green Gardens Naturals and it is all natural, no silicones.

I have combination skin and was expecting this to be a heavier cream, but it is super nice and absorbs very well.

I bought the Silky Face cream, without Emu oil Smile

I just tore out a page out of a health magazine, there is an ad for Derma Lipid supplement by Genuine Health.
suppose to moisturize and help regenrate skin.

It sounds really good and I really want to try that for my dry skin.
their website is genuinehealth.com
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I can not use natural moisturizers like AHAVA or BodyShop even for short period of time"

----------------------------------
In response to this,
Body Shop is really not that natural.
They really have people fooled quite well with their ads.

They still use a lot of chemicals in their items and until recently even had parabens in their items (learned from a sale associate at my last visit there).

I still kind of like some Body Shop items though ...I would try and look up the ingredients to their items and you will learn a lot from that.

I just tried a face cream from Green Gardens Naturals and it is all natural, no silicones.

I have combination skin and was expecting this to be a heavier cream, but it is super nice and absorbs very well.

I bought the Silky Face cream, without Emu oil Smile

I just tore out a page out of a health magazine, there is an ad for Derma Lipid supplement by Genuine Health.
suppose to moisturize and help regenrate skin.

It sounds really good and I really want to try that for my dry skin.
their website is genuinehealth.com
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Sister Sweets, which brand of Hyaluronic Acid are you taking?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Critic - Right Now I am taking Skin Eternal Hyaluronic acid by Source Naturals. I usually get this or Drs.Best. I like it - For me it plumps my lips the next day (within about 12 hours or so) and I think it keeps my face moist. I owe you some pictures. Smile

I understand there is a wonderful product called Neocell Super Collagen or Neocell Fish collagen that is similar to one of the components of Imageen. I think the missing link is the biomarine complex. As soon as that is cracked we can put together our own for cheaper.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Critic - Right Now I am taking Skin Eternal Hyaluronic acid by Source Naturals. I usually get this or Drs.Best. I like it - For me it plumps my lips the next day (within about 12 hours or so) and I think it keeps my face moist. I owe you some pictures. Smile

I understand there is a wonderful product called Neocell Super Collagen or Neocell Fish collagen that is similar to one of the components of Imageen. I think the missing link is the biomarine complex. As soon as that is cracked we can put together our own for cheaper.

That's amazing! I used to buy my supplment from vitacost, Source Naturals is my preferred brand.

I think I posted a message to ask recommendation for Neocell Super Collagen because my friend is interested. And re Imadeen, it was once very popular in Hong Kong ( taking about 10 years ago), but more and more women they had side effect after taking it, those were not official complaints but people kept discussing it in forum.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Do you think the HA would help with dry skin? Very Happy
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just checked the joint supplement I take, a glucosamine/choindroitin mix. It actually contains HA, too, though only 10mg. I looked up the Source Naturals supplement mentioned above, which contains 100mg, so it seems 10mg wouldn't be sufficient. Plus the source naturals contains collagen. Not sure how I feel about taking collagen, though. I have read that ingesting it does nothing. But more, it's actual animal collagen.
Knowing me, I'll probably try it if I see it cheap enough.
EyelinerObsessed

Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
The only tried and true way to improve skin's elasticity (in my experience anyway), is to simply use cocoa butter or some other tightening/firming lotion with collagen. Aside from that, I can't think of any supplements or pills that could do just that THAT actually work. Of course, if someone has had a grand experience with one, I'd love to hear about it. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:

Well, i really can use some help. I am in my yearly 40s, but my skin is very "active". I have to fight with pimples on a daily basis same as i was a teenager. I must use daily Glycolic Acid face washers - the only thing that cleans my pores. If i skip few days - i get pimples.

I can not use natural moisturizers like AHAVA or BodyShop even for short period of time. My pores immediately get clogged. Lancome products work for me pretty well, but they do not improve my skin a bit. Just not making it worst.

I drink a lot of water with lemon, i eat pretty healthy (fish at least few days a week, salads, almost no red meet, chicken few days a week, lots of fruits and vegetables), last few months i started to take Biotin (mostly for hear, because i was loosing too much). A week ago i added Tanaka massage. I also ordered Tretinoin, waiting for it to arrive. I am sooooo glad i found this forum!

I wander what can i add to my skincare routine to actually improve my skin condition.

I know you mentioned elasticity but from this post it seems you are struggling also with breakouts which of course never look good! Sad
I also was having troubles with breakouts in my early forties but not much now at all.

I can recommend you take zinc for a few months(picolinate form is best 20 mg per day ideally in 2 separate 10 mg doses with food). This has an effect on balancing the androgen hormones and sebum production which often contribute to bad skin.Zinc also really helps heal the skin so if you find the blemishes take ages to fade or heal slowly this will definitely help.

Additionally ,I would try taking a fish oil supplement to add to whatever fish you are getting in your diet. This will lso help add an abundance of quality Essential Fats (the Omega 3 kind) to your diet and crowd out the excess saturated or Omega 6 fats that you may be getting too much of in your diet. This will also help normalize sebum/oil production. Neptune Artic Krill Oil is the best and safest fish oil to take. Many brands do an NKO form.Don't waste your money on Imedeen!As you say it's just a bunch of supplements you could buy cheaper. The NKO Krill oil isn't cheap but it's much cheaper and you can just take 2 capsules per day.

Also just wondering -Do you add a lot of salt to your food or buy takeaway or packaged food often? and do you drink any fizzy drinks i/.e. soda or even sparkling water? These things can can all boost mineral salts in the body whch for some people can cause breakouts too..Alternatively, do you eat much sugar? Sugar can not only can cause skin breakouts by upsetting your blood sugar balance it is the FIRST thing to cause thinning skin along wih stress which also affects blood sugar balance. Dr Perricone talks a lot about the effects of sugar on the collagen in the skin in his books.Cutting it out will improve your skin quality for sure!

When it comes to acne/breakouts I believe this is mainly a reflection of your internal environment and that can't be healed 'permanently' by topical acne treatments and creams. Of course it's helpful to use simple chemical free creams and cleansers
but I think if you try these 2 supplements additional to a healthy diet as you are doing you'll see some improvement. I hope so!Smile

*(I was a nutritionist for many years so there's no need to worry about the safety of my recommendations-the fish oil is safe to take long term/daily and the zinc picolinate you can add to your routine with your regular multi for a few months when you need it and then stop -just don't take too much at once or it can make you nauseous)

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I was just reading up on the Imedeen and was interested in taking it?

I have fibromyalgia and am looking to start trying some natural supplements to help the pain. I have googled and there is so much stuff, its confusing!

I have heard Magnesium and malid acid is good, also MSM? but I have a sensitive stomach and heard things about MSM being abit harsh, have also been reading about Reservatrol, any tried it?

there are so many supplements and vitamins, it could end up costing a fortune!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |