Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What happened to my face, its so swollen now what can i do
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kharisma2000

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Im 21 yrs old, basically 3 months ago i put on a topical steroid on my face called scarfade and it gave me a sunken face, i cant even show my face anymore what can i do to return it the way it is in the before pic.pls help me im so depressed and feel so ugly now, how can i look the way i did in the before pic.

s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac21/kharisma3000/

if you go to my images theres 2 pics, the one with me in the grey shirt is the before pic, the one in the white shirt is after.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused, in the message you say your face is sunken but in the title of the thread, you say it's swollen. Which is it?

Regardless, I don't think either looks bad, just different. Have you tried talking with a dermatologist?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
It's not letting me click on your link?
kharisma2000

Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
yes have tried with a dermatologist a close doc, and he told me go to a psychiatrist. The one where i have the white shirt is the one with the face sunken/swollen beneath eyes, what can i do to change this.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
gloria777 wrote:
It's not letting me click on your link?

Copy and paste it

kharisma2000 wrote:
yes have tried with a dermatologist a close doc, and he told me go to a psychiatrist. The one where i have the white shirt is the one with the face sunken/swollen beneath eyes, what can i do to change this.

I think you look fine. I really don't see what you talking about but I know sometimes it can hard to get a photo to show exactly what we are talking about. Are you trying to say that you have under eye hallows?
kharisma2000

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
yess possibly, after applying a topical steroid that was non fda approved i think thats what end up happening to me, i noticed that 2 months ago they were completely normal like my before pic, but for the last two months my eyes have hollows and this unique fold similar to people with down syndrome.
kharisma2000

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
and also if u notice my cheek areas they look so sucked in giving me a gaunt look.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
If they are hallows you could look into getting fillers done, like juvederm.
I would consult a plastic surgeon for that.
kharisma2000

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much for the advice, but currently im trying to become a teacher and need the money to get through teaching school, any other alternatives, ill buy creams or serum as long as they will depuff my face and return it to the state they are in the before pic.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
kharisma2000 wrote:
thank you so much for the advice, but currently im trying to become a teacher and need the money to get through teaching school, any other alternatives, ill buy creams or serum as long as they will depuff my face and return it to the state they are in the before pic.

I am really sorry but also quite confused, you posted that your cheeks are hollow or sunken causing a gaunt look yet here you are looking for a recommendation for something to depuff your skin? Question

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:22 am      Reply with quote
mm hmm yes basically as u can see in the before pic as listed above via photo bucket my face was naturally full, but now if u view it in the after picture its clearly not the same cause the topical steroid has created large under eye hollows making my cheeks show less.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I guess I'm still not unederstanding what you want 'depuffed' because you are talking about sunken areas and loss of fullness. Depuffing would create the appearance of even less fullness and sunken areas looking even more so.

Regardless, I don't think there is any over the counter, topical product that do what you want it to. Something like preparation H might help with inflammation or puffiness but that is a temporary solution.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm a little confused too about what the issue actually is. But as mentioned no topical will give you volume/fill in.

If you are in the US, Preparation H no longer contains Bio-dyne, which is what helped with the puffiness.

What is the time difference between your 2 pictures?
kharisma2000

Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Basically its a 2 month time difference, the before pic was the normal me, and then after the topical steroid applied underneath my eyes, my face just became something else sadly, and im trying to make my face the same way it is before i start school or i might end up in a mental institution obsessing over my before pictures all day.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
To be honest, I think your face looks more swollen in the before (blue shirt) picture.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
To be honest, I think your face looks more swollen in the before (blue shirt) picture.

That's what I see as well, there isn't any thing wrong with the other picture, to be honest it only looks like you dropped a bit of weight but don't appear gaunt by any means at least to my eyes. I know pictures don't always show what you are trying to show but it looks fine, certainly no reason to want to hide away and not want to leave your house! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree with DarkMoon and its_kristy. I think you look perfectly fine. Maybe you could take new pictures to show what you look like now? I can't see anything wrong with it, you just looked like you lost a bit of weight or just got older. I lost my chipmunk cheeks when I was in my early 20s (thank god). If you applied the cream only around the eyes, I don't know how that could change your whole face. Confused
So, you say, your face is swollen but the eyes are sunken?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
I can't see anything wrong with it, you just looked like you lost a bit of weight or just got older.

I agree. That is what I see when I look at both of the pics.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
kharisma2000 wrote:
Basically its a 2 month time difference, the before pic was the normal me, and then after the topical steroid applied underneath my eyes, my face just became something else sadly, and im trying to make my face the same way it is before i start school or i might end up in a mental institution obsessing over my before pictures all day.

Hello kharisma,

First the good news: most of us here are very perceptive "face-obsessed" people and none of us notes anything horrible with your face... so that's good, right? Remember that sometimes we see each other in a way but others don't see it... so just keep that in mind.

Second, it seems that you also lost some weight... do you know how many pounds? Because the loss of volume on the cheeks seems due to weight loss.

Now... regarding your eyes...there is nothing permanent you can do for now (esp. if you're saving money). Something that could help get rid of the "sunken" look you don't like, at least temporarily, is to put a VERY OCCLUSIVE cream at night in that area, so then the water will "fill it". So you can use something like acquaphor or even vaseline for this... try it and see what happens. Also a cream with hyaluronic acid and collagen might help Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I think you look better in the after picture. The before seems a little bloated to me. You mention that you were referred to a psychiatrist, possibly because your derm thought you might be suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder, not really seeing yourself as others do. BDD is pretty common for people your age -- most of us on this board are older, but we remember how tough that age is. In my experience, once you get past a particularly difficult stage, the BDD resolves itself.

Best of luck.
kharisma2000

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much josee, girlie girl, darkmoon, and all other members, the prep h with bio dyne did resolve the eye problem but now i can be more clear with the problem as u were right it wasnt the cream it was a typical weight loss, my eyes are fine but my cheeks are too sucked in which is giving me a swollen look, would dr perricones alpha derma, dmae, ester c cream help for my face.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:08 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, the loss of fullness form your weight loss can't be restored to the extent you desire from any topical product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
You look like a perfectly handsome young man to me!

ALL of look in the mirror and don't like what we see staring back at us - it is NOT what other people see. Get to school, study hard, fulfil your dreams of becoming a teacher and stop looking for imperfections. All the best! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
PS - would somebody PLEASE give me the same advice!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
PS - would somebody PLEASE give me the same advice!!

Sure thing! Bad Grin

ALL of look in the mirror and don't like what we see staring back at us - it is NOT what other people see. Get to school, study hard, fulfil your dreams of becoming a teacher and stop looking for imperfections. All the best!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |