Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Will Skin Peeling make Acne go away?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wingless_butterfly
5% products discount

Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am quite new to this, I have read through some threads and they are quite informative. I have like a gazillion questions to ask...don't know where and how to start.

Background on my skin: I am Asian and used to (key word here) have a fairly smooth skin, until I tried using Nuetrogena's Pore Refining line. I have started getting big zits since August, and it hasnt stop coming ever since, plus, I have these small, very tiny bumps on my skin that is not obvious up front but when I look closely at the mirror and when sunlight hits my face at certain angles, gosh, I have gazillions of them on my cheeks!

I am soo terribly desperate, I travel a lot and cannot sit down on a proper treatment with a dermatologist - I am hoping that getting the right products will make it all go away...

My mom and my sister has very smooth skin (although acne does run in the family) - I think they got over their "acne period" and I am in mine right now. I have gotten great review of Proactiv, but I am hesitant to purchase one just yet as I am leaving soon and they dont have much information on how much time it takes to deliver from US to Singapore.

Anyway, my mom told me that maybe astringent will help - or any form of skin peeling...but I am not sure...

Please HELP! I am desperate for advise. I am a consultant and face people a lot...I have never had insecurity issues, but now my self esteem is going down the drain...
Mabsy

Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome to the forum! Smile

First of all, have you stopped using the Neutrogena line? Although, this could be a coincidence, it sounds like this was the culprit. If you have stopped then what is your skincare routine now? Apart from starting Neutrogena, has anything else changed? Diet? Water intake?

The bumps you're describing sound like blocked pores - basically congested skin. MD Formulations has worked very well for me in the past in order to get rid of that. However, I've recently tried Murad's AHA/BHA cleanser (it's a scrub really) and I would recommend that to get rid of those annoying bumps! Have you used AHA or BHA products in the past without any problems?

Of course, almost without saying, a healthy diet and making sure you drink *plenty* of water is also vital. My skin changes visibly (for the better!) when I force myself to drink loads of water each day.
wingless_butterfly
5% products discount

Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:42 am      Reply with quote
I have stopped using the Neutrogena Line since I noticed I am having allergy like bumps on my skin and went to a dermatologist who gave me Clear Intelligence products(dont know if you've heard of this but I guess it's exclusive to that Dermatologist) which I am currently using, this includes, a milk cleanser, a purifying cleanser (I was instructed to use both), a clarifying astringent/lotion, Sebum Control Serum (which I have stopped using as I noticed that my face became VERY oily), a Blemish Spot Corrector and a Clarifying Mask. Yes, I got the whole line, and believe me my pocket hurt from that. My face cleared of pimples for a while but I think those small bumpy thingy's on my face has tripled, and it has spread all thoughout my cheeks and chin! And the big zits are back again...

Nothing has changed in my diet, I even drink more water now and has given up on caffeine. I don't smoke and don't drink. I am thinking of getting on a cleansing diet...but so far, it's just in my head...

I really feel like giving up and getting scared of trying out new products as I think my skin has become very sensitive.

I am wary of using scrubs as my skin gets breakout from those from the past.

I do not know what to do...

BTW, thanks for the speedy reply. Really appreciate it.
Mabsy

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:30 am      Reply with quote
Ok, personally if I were in your situation I would go with MD Formulations. Instead of buying full size products, buy one of those MD starter kits and that'll give you a few weeks worth of product and you'll know by then if your skin is improving on it. Another product that has been really good for me in terms of pimples/bumps is Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel. Perhaps that together with the Oil Control Lotion could be good? Dermalogica also makes nice trial kits and for about $40 you can get the acne-prone skin kit with around 4 or 5 products in it.

There are also natural alternatives. For example, I have found Decleor Essential Balm to be really good at decongesting skin. YonKa also makes some good anti-acne products.

Another thing, which I'm not sure you've tried, is just going back to your routine pre-Neutrogena. Sounds like your skin was happy before that - perhaps going back to what you were using might also be worth a chance? Actually, what were you using prior?

Sorry to throw so many options at you. There are many products that would be good for what you are describing - some work better for some people than others.
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Commiserations on your sudden eruption, I know exactly how you feel. Be very careful of chemical peels they can leave dark skins with scaring. As a black woman I’ve had to be careful when I’ve had spots as I’m prone to scaring. I’ve found that the Decleor range is very gentle, I use their aromessence oil (you should use ylang, ylang for oily combination skin) and then follow with their prolagene gel which is very healing / repairing on existing scars. I also use the Balm Essential or the Elemis SOS cream at night which help soothes any spots.
wingless_butterfly
5% products discount

Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy: My pre-Neutrogena regimen was just Oil of Olay Cleansing Milk - no toners, no moisturizer... just cleansing morning and night. Thank you for all the suggestions, I think I might try the Dermalogica Kit, if that doesn't work, maybe Proactiv (?). What do you think?

Hi Happy, thanks for the commiseration. I am wary of the peels, really, just racking my brains for whatever will work. Would you know if the Decleor Peel is okay for acne skin?
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi wingless_butterfly,

The Decleor peel, isn't a peel as such but an exfoliant, it's clay based and you warm it up in your hands apply it and when its dry remove it with a rolling / sweeping action. I find that it helps when I have spots as it helps clear blackheads and sebum, without the scrubbing effect of most exfoliators. However it may be more cost effective if you do buy a kit before buying all the full size products. Take Care.
Happy.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:26 am      Reply with quote
proactiv worked well for my bro, but I know there's a few people on this board who haven't gotten as good results.
wingless_butterfly
5% products discount

Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Thank you very much for all your input. I think I am going to go for Proactiv if my face doesnt clear by end of January, like, as a last resort...A friend recommended Murad's Clarifying Cleanser and Toner (she is currently using those so she gave me "samples") and I am using that right now. I like the minty feeling - it was soothing and cool on my face. My pimples dried after the first day I used it. I may have to give it like a week to see if it takes away the pimples and reduce the small bumps on my face as well...but so far, I like the cooling feeling it gives to my face.

Anyway lianne, would you know if proactiv is true to their promise of Money Back Guarantee??
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Ihave no idea about their guarantee. My bro bought it at a kiosk in the mall....

Maybe some of our other forum members know more
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |