Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Surgi Wax for face and Brows?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All, I went to "Salley's" today and picked up a box of gel quick hair remover for face and brows. Anyone ever use this? I get so tired of going to get my brows waxed every 3 weeks, so I thought I would try to just clean underneath and see if it makes a difference. The wax is not warm, you just squeeze it out of a tube, and put the muslin strip on.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
gloria777 wrote:
Hi All, I went to "Salley's" today and picked up a box of gel quick hair remover for face and brows. Anyone ever use this? I get so tired of going to get my brows waxed every 3 weeks, so I thought I would try to just clean underneath and see if it makes a difference. The wax is not warm, you just squeeze it out of a tube, and put the muslin strip on.

It does work gloria, you just have to apply carefully so as not to remove more hair than you wish or end up with it in your lashes (nightmare). A little trick from school years back once you have the muslin on and are ready to rip tap over it for a few seconds, it confuses the nerve endings and it hurts less. Smile Just be ready it is sticky to get off during clean up even with the special remover that I think should be in the kit if that's the way you bought it?!? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have not tried that specific brand but have

Alexandria gel wax and also some other thing w fabric wax strips.
They work ok, but not great for me.

I also hate the stickyness after sometimes.

But I recently got a sample of Body by Brigitte wax strips and those actually work.
The wax is on these plastic strips and you press them on and it says smooth on twice on the package,

and also that the wax does not stick to the skin.
they actually really work, I am so amazed at how well they clean up my eyebrows.
Also no wax stuck to the skin and no sticky feeling.

I am actually happy I got a second sample in a magazine last week as I keep on forgetting to pick these up at the store.

I had actually kinda given up on waxing and went back to tweezing my brows...which is annoying I find.

But this is actually a product I am going to rebuy!

I also saw on the package it says available at Ulta in the US and Shoppers drug in Canada.

No idea of the price, but I am waiting for a "bonus point day" at the drugstore to pick these up....hopefully I do not run out of my samples first.

no idea on price.
www.bodybybrigitte.com
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
That's really funny I hate the pre-waxed plastic strips, I find they do leave a lot of residue on my skin and aren't great at sticking. They also just don't do a good job of removing the hair for me! hmm Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
That's really funny I hate the pre-waxed plastic strips, I find they do leave a lot of residue on my skin and aren't great at sticking. They also just don't do a good job of removing the hair for me! hmm Smile

I was actually really skeptical of these wax strips and usually the other wax strips I tried never work well and are a mucky mess.

Almost threw these out,but really needed to clean up my brows..to look presentable.

and these strips seem different from others.
there was no residue from these either!

I am not about to give up the salon though, only because I am not as good at shaping my brows.

But for cleanup and maintenance,I can now do that easily.

I am actually trying to make my sample last longer so I cut 1 smaller strip in 1/2,
also find it easier to pull out the hairs that was too!

I also always seem to have problems getting the wax to stick to my hairs easily,and always use alcohol wipes in hoping that helps.

With these wax strips,no problems getting all the smaller hairs too Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Actually my personal favorite is called No Tweeze but it is a hard wax you heat up apply and it dries hard then you pull it off! It is an older type of wax I use extra thin manicure sticks for precise application and apply a tiny dusting of powder before and it gets all the hairs. I started using this in cosmetology school 30+ years ago so I am a pro at it after all that time. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Just don't use Surgi Strips. I used them and got horrific results.
gloria777
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the waxing tips!
Darkmoon, the one I purchased does have a small bottle of clean up solution in it that is blue.

Ottawa shopper, I will check at my Ulta store for your product! Sounds like what I am looking for. I too cannot do without the salon for waxing, but just looking for something to clean up my lip and under brow. Thanks
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |