Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Latest anti-aging skincare: Bioelectric creams ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone heard about this "new" anti-aging cure?

More about bioelectric skincare in the ELLE article:

http://www.elle.com/Beauty/Makeup-Skin-Care/Fight-Aging-by-Healing-Damaged-Skin
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am fairly certain that the bioelectricity is the idea behind the new Roc, Neutrogena and Aveeno products.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am fairly certain that the bioelectricity is the idea behind the new Roc, Neutrogena and Aveeno products.

That's the impression I got from the commercials also. I wonder about the 2 plant extracts that Avon is using in theirs and if the others contain them also?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Oddly enough, aren't those 3 brands made by the same company?
Johnson + Johnson?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Oddly enough, aren't those 3 brands made by the same company?
Johnson + Johnson?

Yep, I believe you are right! Not to odd, they are trying to corner the drugstore market!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
It seems that many of the major department store and drug store brands are now part of a large conglomerate these days, and not just cosmetics and skin care. I just got tired of keeping track of who bought out who, but no it's not surprising at all nowadays. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
It seems that many of the major department store and drug store brands are now part of a large conglomerate these days, and not just cosmetics and skin care. I just got tired of keeping track of who bought out who, but no it's not surprising at all nowadays. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

And....they also market the same product under different brand names at both high and low price points to make sure they've got the whole demographic covered.

I also saw that article in Elle - and for me it just vindicated my current obsession of zapping myself with every manner of skincare gadget - particularly my High Frequency Wand - which, I'm convinced, is totally beneficial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Indeed just think Lancome and Loreal!

You have me lemming for the pro HF for a while now, but youngest daughter needs help buying a car, sooo what mommy wants gets put on hold for awhile.....yet again! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just to make you lust more - they're on sale at the moment at Palacia for $195.00!!!!! But really, the DermaWand does a very similar job.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Just to make you lust more - they're on sale at the moment at Palacia for $195.00!!!!! But really, the DermaWand does a very similar job.

You are torturing me and being sweet at the same time, I know you are thrilled with the pro model compared to the DermaWand and you have all those cool attachments! Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Oh,
and don't forget the Body Shop (I hate how they have the kind of fake "wholesome" image but are really owned by L'oreal)
still like someof their items though,
just not how they present themselves.

Also I know Lush and Steam cream- same company.

Estee lauder owns tons of brands
same for Elizabeth Arden

Coty seems to make most celeb perfumes.

It is hard to keep track of all the brands changing hands sometimes too.

I know there is not much small cosmetics companies thesedays.

But then even the small companies hope to be very big one day...
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

And....they also market the same product under different brand names at both high and low price points to make sure they've got the whole demographic covered.

I also saw that article in Elle - and for me it just vindicated my current obsession of zapping myself with every manner of skincare gadget - particularly my High Frequency Wand - which, I'm convinced, is totally beneficial.

Yup,
I've know that for a while.
Esp when u read every label for everything you kind of eventually figure that out.
Esp if the two similar brands have the same postal code or addess ect on them Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am old enough to remember when the Body Shop was independantly owned and you bought everything in very simple plastic bottles and jars they even had a program where you got a discount for bringing in your bottle for a refill instead of tossing it and buying another container. Everything was totally organic....the good old hippie days. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Esp when u read every label for everything you kind of eventually figure that out.
Esp if the two similar brands have the same postal code or address ect on them Rolling Eyes

I was once comparing a Max Factor and a Covergirl compact foundation. The packaging was identical (apart from the colour) so I had a look at the ingredients on the back. They were the same, the manufacturing company was the same, even the BATCH # was the SAME! And yet the Max Factor product was twice the price as the Covergirl one!

BUYER BEWARE!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
Keliu wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Yup,
I've know that for a while.
Esp if the two similar brands have the same postal code or addess ect on them Rolling Eyes

And it is not happening with just the high end/drugstore products. It is across the board. There is a lot of private labeling going on with multiple identical products being sold under a different name. It really is buyer beware. There are a lot of dupes out there.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 am      Reply with quote
It applies to everything - and it doesn't necessarily mean that something is a dupe. Everything now is mass manufactured and labelled differently. This applies to electrical goods, food products, cosmetics, everything.

I once shared a flat with a girl who insisted on buying the most expensive food stuff. Whereas I always buy the generic brands. One day I picked up the brand name butter and the generic brand - I showed her the manufacturing info on both packets - they were both the same batch number by the same manufacturer! You just don't get what you pay for anymore - those days have gone.

5% products discount

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious about the new Bio-Electric skin creams - Has anyone tried them?

And PS - Estee Lauder also owns and produces the La Mer products.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
shandy9 wrote:
I'm curious about the new Bio-Electric skin creams - Has anyone tried them?

I tried the Aveeno ageless eye product. It didn't do anything, unfortunately.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |