Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Blemishes or inflamation from tweezing,how to treat?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was tweezing my eyebrows earlier this week and am always very careful.
I sanitize my skin with a wipe first, also also do the same to my tweezers, and then after tweezing use another sanitizing wipe.

My problem is that sometimes I seem to get "blemishes" or most likely ingrown hairs afterwards.

And I think I am using everything to prevent them,but would like to know what else I could try or should be doing.

I usually use an exfoliating or antibacterial toner in my t zone and my whole face during the summer.

-right now Clinique acne solutions toner.

then a spot treatment was using some tea tree oil/sulfur/salicilic thing

-also nighttime was using Badescu buffering lotion (that seemed to help a lot and 50% of the inflamation is gone....but this is still annoying.
Buffering lotion is also a drying product.

Because buffering lotion is so drying I just switched to Nucelle mandelic marin 10% it is mandelic acid and a light serum and supposed to be anti redness and antibacterial.

For face moisture I have been using Derma E microdermabrasion serum (it is oil and silicone free,fragrance free also).

I thought of getting cortisone shots for this blemish/inflamation but I see to not respond that much to cortisone injections.
Also I remember the last time I went to the medical clinic I had some scarring from the needle and remember the doctor did not clean off my skin first and that did not seem to help any.

Just wondering what else I should be doing?

I did try ice but did not last more than 1 minute as my skin is sensitive to ice...

Guess I could go see a"real" derm,but by the time I actually go my skin will be better Laughing
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 am      Reply with quote
You might want to try Tendskin. My husband uses it for ingrown hairs and he said that it really works. I think their web site iswww.tendskin.com.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:
You might want to try Tendskin. My husband uses it for ingrown hairs and he said that it really works. I think their web site iswww.tendskin.com.

There is a recipe for DIY tendskin in the recipe index that is pretty simple. Here is the recipe index link. Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply!

Not too sure Tend will work more than what I already have.

I'm already using a toner that has exfoliating and anti redness in it too....

So maybe I either can attemp getting a cortisone shot if it is suitable?

or else just be more patient and have to deal with a red spot on my face.

a lot more of the inflamation did go down,but I still have a terrible red spot on my face and what sucks is I scar easily too Sad

Also looking at the Tend ingredients there seems to be mineral oil and fragrance in that...which might not be as good for me.

Guess I'll try using my sulfur mask 2x a day and be more patient!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Are you just plucking between waxing? Do you get the same issues when you wax? I would be concerned about PIH from all of this? There are creams/treatments sold for after waxing to prevent/minimize irritation, maybe one of those would be best after plucking as they are intended to be calming to the skin? Just a thought. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Are you just plucking between waxing? Do you get the same issues when you wax? I would be concerned about PIH from all of this? There are creams/treatments sold for after waxing to prevent/minimize irritation, maybe one of those would be best after plucking as they are intended to be calming to the skin? Just a thought. Very Happy

I do get the same issues from wax also.
does not seem to matter if I go to a cheaper salon (that charges $12) or a more expensive one (like a $16+ one).
Even if I wax at home...the same thing.

Plucking does the same thing too...

I have a ton of things for skin irritation here that are oil free also.
But I guess I can always try something else if there is any reccomendation.

I have some Weleda arnica gel for burns and irritation and that has alcohol in it too- so that might disinfect a bit?

EDS sells that here (and it happens to be a great product, a staple for me now Smile

What is PIH?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
PIH=Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. It just seems you are very sensitive to the hairs being pulled out however it's done. I don't know a brand name as I don't have any problems waxing or plucking at home, they do apply it at the salon I go to after waxing, I am sure any beauty supply store will carry a decent calming brand. Try the Weleda after might do the trick. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Ah,
I will look into what a beauty supply shop has here.

I do seem to have a lot of problems with inflamation after blemishes (I do not get many,but still a few randomly).
Whenever my skin breaks out I am always left with a darker spot that takes a couple of months (sometimes less) to go away.

for getting rid of darker spots Neostrata 10% vitamin C works great.

I was curious about the Dermalogica vitamin capsules for skin, but Dermaalogica customer service never got back to me with answers to my questions.
Not sure I want to get their product (am almost out of neostrata vitamin C) and will probably get the same ones again...
-Neostrata customer service is always very helpful and will send out samples of most of their products (they are the small packets,but they have samples of the vitamin C capsules Smile

I also use the Mario Badescu whitening mask and that has made my skin much more smother and my pores look a bit smaller from that too.

-also have the Badescu drying mask (sulfur based)and that is good for blemishes or oily skin,but it does not do much for pores looking smaller,and nothing for discoloration
(their mask does not claim to though,it is just blemish drying mask).

I think for daytime I will probably try and use Nucelle mandelic marine 10% serum
they clain it is anti redness because of seaweed and that the mandelic refines skin and is antibacterial.
I have 2x 15ml of that, so will use that the next two weeks and see....

I also have a sample of the M2 skin recovery moisurizer that I got inmy last EDs order Smile
it seems nice also...tempted to get that soon maybe

Here's the info for Nucelle 10%
I find it is a bit drying,so might just use in the t zone.

--------------
about the product
Are you tired of wishing you had clearer skin? Start experiencing it with NuCelle Mandelic Serum 10%. Fortified with the toning and skin-clearing properties of Mandelic Acid, your skin will appear brighter, smoother, clearer, and more even each time you use this product. Powerful on blemishes and unwanted pigmentation, but gentle on skin, this product is safe enough for use before and after skin resurfacing procedures.
4 fl. oz.
--------
key ingredients
Mandelic Acid is an AHA designed to eliminate dirt, debris, and impurities while toning and hydrating the skin. Algae Extract is used because it is antibacterial and non-comedogenic, so it's safe for sensitive skin. It also provides additional protection from skin and won't irritate the skin.

full ingredients
Purified Water, Mandelic Acid, Algae Extract, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance

Nucelle is $50 but it still sounds like a better deal than my current spot treatments.

Got Badescu blemish serum...does not seem to do much. customer service told me it is 2% salicilic.
at least it does not burn my skin.
but doubt I'll rebuy as it seems ok, but does not do enough (at least it is cheaper than Origins spot treatment that burns the skin...)

anyways,
I have not looked into stuff for reducing inflamation much.

I know there is that Yonka liquid every one here is raving about (I did try and and it is good,used to buy it until the store I got it from changed the line they sell).

I also know Babor has some overpriced blemish ampules in glass.
I know a lady that is an esthetician and used to get some free from her Smile

But I used to buy a box of them at a spa sometimes.

Badescu buffering lotion is good for inflamation, but is also super drying and contains a lot of alcohol.
I can only use it for a few days (it actually says use 3x a week on the bottle).

I just wish I had "normal" skin to care for.
I just seem to have too many skin issues (most are not face things but like feet, elbows,dry skin...)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |