Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

"speed braces" or 6 month braces anyone hear of th
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I keep on seeing these ads in my city about speed braces, or braces that you keep on your teeth 6 months are are supposed to provide pretty good results.

I've looked online,but have not seen too much info yet.
all I was able to find out from the dentists website (which I forgot...) was that it is braces that realign just your most visible teeth.

It sounds ok,but then to me it does not seem like it would really "fix" anything more than cosmetic.

I was kind of interested in the Invisalign braces before,but things came up and it was not as much a priority.

But recently I managed to fall on my face and hit my mouth and now some of my teeth are not as much in the same position and it kind of is akward to bite into certain foods.
My teeth did not shift a ton,but it is noticeable.
Also, if I look at my teeth they are not in the same position as they were before.
-it is not extremely noticeable,but it still is a little problematic.

I knew I needed braces before,but as I do not have that covered by any insurance I kind of put that off.
But now it kind of seems like I might need braces more than I did before...

I actually have to go to the dentist Tuesday,
so I guess I'll ask him about that then.

But I am pretty sure this dentist does not do anything like the 6 month braces,I know he does Invisalign.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this new speed brace treatments?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of speed braces. I've been researching braces a bit myself as I hope to get them next year....they are so expensive.

I would not fix only the visible teeth. If you don't get all of them aligned properly then they will move again.

My dentist does traditional and invisalign but he said I'm not a candidate for invisalgin Crying or Very sad
They charge the same price for traditional and invisalign but I know alot of places charge more for invisalign. I'm going to consult with an orthodontist before I decided exactly what I want to do.
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
They have a website at:

http://www.highspeedbraces.org/

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
They have a website at:

http://www.highspeedbraces.org/

Thanks,
I'll take a look at it!

The only ads I've seen in my city looked like:

"Hi SpdB....ca"

That was on tons of those advertising benches.
It sounds like an interesting idea,but then on the other hand it kind of seems like you are just half fixing something.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
So,
just thought I'd update Smile
Went to the dentist today and sked if I could get consulted for invisalign (was there for a filling Sad

And he said it would take 6 months to 1 year to fix my teeth.
I know I have some spaces on my bottom teeth I've wanted to fix forever.
But also the dentist noticed my baak teeth on one side are not aligned well, and right now I bite down more on one side of my mouth when I eat.
My front teeth just need to come forwards a bit too I think he said,

I think it is because when I fell it kind of messed up the allignment of my teeth more...

I was quoted $4,000 for this (and told it is $800 deposit, then $400 every 6 weeks until paid off).

Right now I'm going to think about when I want to start this as I do not have the funds handy.

But my credit is good, so not too sure yet.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
$4,000 sounds like a good price. Personally I would also consult with an Orthodontist just to be sure you are making the right choice.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I would also recommend seeing an Orthodontist rather than a detist for teeth straightening, especially Invisalign. I have done alot of research and that is what I'd recommend anyone do before going for Invisalign, you want the best Ortho you can possibly find... one who has alot of experience in Invisalign too.

I had a consultation for my Invisalign last year, I had to cancel though due to money issues and no longer having the £1400 deposit they required. But as soon as I am able to afford this, I will be going for my consultation.

I recommend visiting this forum, and even asking any questions you have regarding Invisalign, as there are alot of people who are currently getting treatment with Invisalign, along with Orthos too who use the board: http://www.bracesreview.com/forums/invisalign/
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I get my Invisalign braces this Friday! Yippie! One of my front teeth has been pushed up into my gum line, where it looks like it is shorter than the other front tooth. So, I was told that my teeth have crowded and pushed forward which caused my front tooth to be pushed up. When I smile, it looks like I have a broken tooth, but in actuality it is just pushed up higher into the gums.

Price is $7,000 upper and lower Invisaligns and will take 12 months. I received 0% interest financing through my dentist office for 24 months and the monthly payment will be $270.00 a month.

I chose to go the Invisalign route because I had metal braces from Age 9 to Age 18 (1974 - 1983, yup 9 years!) and had perfectly straight teeth after it was all said and done. But for some reason, I was told I should have been given a retainer to wear nightly indefinitely, which I don't remember ever receiving. So, that is why my teeth reverted back. I am very excited and look forward to being able to smile again someday without feeling embarassed of my teeth. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
But for some reason, I was told I should have been given a retainer to wear nightly indefinitely, which I don't remember ever receiving.

Yes this is true for any one who gets braces. You will need one when you are finished with the invisaline too.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
$4,000 sounds like a good price. Personally I would also consult with an Orthodontist just to be sure you are making the right choice.

Thanks for the tip!
I will look into getting another consultation before deciding Smile

But the dentist I saw yesterday, he told me that he only takes cases that do not need as much work and are not complicated,
so that is why he did not refer me to an orthodontist.

The teeth that need fixing, is not very severe and more of an annoyance.

I will be glad to finally do something about my teeth- I'll be happy to finally be able to smile in pictures without my mouth being closed.

My teeth are not terrible,but I do not like them in any pictures.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
MystyPines wrote:
But for some reason, I was told I should have been given a retainer to wear nightly indefinitely, which I don't remember ever receiving.

Yes this is true for any one who gets braces. You will need one when you are finished with the invisaline too.

I spent 3 1/2 years in braces with an orthodontist and had to wear a retainer for a period (don't recall exact amount of time) but it wasn't indefinatly? What did mine in was at 15 all 4 wisdom teeth came in no problem (not impacted) but they pushed all right back out of alignment! Talk about ticked off after the whole metal bands we had back then! Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was also told I'd hve to wear the final set of straigteners for at least a year afterwards,but just at night.

And that the mould you wear would be made of a more durable material.
Kay2008
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:04 am      Reply with quote
My Invisalign Ortho (he only does Invisalign now) said I would wear a retainer (which is similar to an Invisalign aligner, but not the last one, a retainer would be made for me after my last set of trays) nightly for a year, after the first year I would wear it alternate nights and so on. Everyone will need some sort of retainer after a brace, because if not, your teeth will shift again and you'll be back to square one... I've read about this too many times on Brace forums, people not wearing their retainer and teeth moving.

Personally wearing a retainer only at night wouldn't be a problem for me. I wouldn't mind at all if it meant keeping my teeth nice and straight after my treatment and all the money I had paid out for it!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I spent 3 1/2 years in braces with an orthodontist and had to wear a retainer for a period (don't recall exact amount of time) but it wasn't indefinatly? What did mine in was at 15 all 4 wisdom teeth came in no problem (not impacted) but they pushed all right back out of alignment! Talk about ticked off after the whole metal bands we had back then! Mad

Hi DarkMoon,

That is what happened to my teeth. My Wisdom teeth came in and pushed all my teeth forward making some of them overlap on others. I had my 2 wisdom teeth on left side of my mouth taken out 2 years ago, due to infection. Still have the right side though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi MistyPines,

I never had problems with my wisdom teeth other than having my teeth pushed all out of alignment! I did get all pulled before I hit my mid 20's and it didn't help, they don't straighten back out without braces again!

I fought on my kids dentists and refused braces for any of them until after the wisdom teeth were either in or impacted! Luckily only 2 needed any straightening!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had Invisalign. the first round was 7 months top and bottom, then when you're done with the first round you get what is called "refinements"

I didn't have to pay for that, they did new molds and I got another 10 months of trays, mostly they were for bottoms only.

The reason is that I got them for the space in my upper teeth, but then wanted to turn a crooked bottom tooth.

I paid 5 thousand, and did a payment plan with my dentist, 400 a month.

On my refinement phase I started to shave 2 days off the 2 weeks your supposed to wear the aligners, it took about 6 weeks total off how long I would have worn them.

I was so thrilled with my new smile, had the Lauren Hutton space that only looks good on her!!!

A couple of things too, I invented this little tool to remove them, it's called Outie Tool (hope it's ok to post that), it's now in 18 countries! pretty neat.

And I learned too that if you soak your aligners in diluted hydrogen peroxide you can get them clean, tooth paste won't do it, the plaque starts building up and makes them gross.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Secretly, thanks for the info.

I don't know much about what to expect with Invisalign. I get my first set on Friday. I think they are going to put buttons on my teeth, not sure what that means. But I guess my doctor will fill me in on all of this. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, the buttons are called attachments, they say it helps grip the tooth and give traction for movement.

I had them the first go round but then refused them on the refinements. I had events that I wanted to not wear them, and it looks like you have something stuck on your teeth...which you do.

Good luck with yours how exciting, I'm really happy I got them.

Also now on the retainers at night I only wear them about every other night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Secretly, thanks for the info.

I don't know much about what to expect with Invisalign. I get my first set on Friday. I think they are going to put buttons on my teeth, not sure what that means. But I guess my doctor will fill me in on all of this. Smile

Good Luck Misty! Smile Keep us posted on your experience and progress! Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |