Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Is Avene a good brand of skincare?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I know very little of Avene but have seen a recent POS material saying it was made for sensitive skin. I have however seen their ingredients briefly and noticed they don't appear to be natural based. Their ingredients seemed to be more chemical based unless I recalled wrongly.

Has anyone been an avid user of this brand of skincare and can share their experience? Their products seem affordable so I am curious. Also they are widely available at all drug stores which also makes me wonder if that is a good thing. I never believe in skincare products selling at drug stores.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Like all brands they have their good and bad products. The sunscreens, Cleanance range and retinoids seem to be the most popular products.

Most of their products are fragranced. They also don't contain a lot of bells-and-whistles.

Some of the best products are actually drugstore!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't like this brand. All products are too gentle to have any result.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of their retinoids, based on retinaldehyde. I wish that I could use retin A or one of the prescription retinoids, but alas, my skin is apparently too sensitive. But I have gotten good results from the Avene OTC retinoids, starting with Ystheal, then moving on to Eluage, and now finally using Diacneal, which also contains glycolic acid.

I also very much like their sunscreen--they make an all physical sunscreen line, but I prefer the Tinosorb based line's emulsion formula, with very good UVA and UVB blocking. And, hallelujah, they finally got the message and deleted the fragrance. Yay!!

I can't speak to the other products in the line. Their thermal water spray is soothing and cooling, but I can't honestly say that it is better than, say Evian spray. (I got a sample sized bottle for free with purchase once.) And I also got a free moisture mask, which seemed to be a pleasant moisturizer, but nothing more. Beyond that, I haven't tried anything else.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have normal skin, to combo skin, the usualy t zone shine but with no history of acne. I do like to hydrate my skin, so with now starting Avene Retrinal, which mositurizers do some of you use. I'm considering Nia 24 Skin Strengthening Complex, but not sure if that's too much for my skin? Any advice on what some of you have used or using and your skin types. P.S. I'm currently using skinceuticals .5 retinol with Clarins hydraquench, which seems sufficient, and Clarins super restorative eye complex. I'm 40, with minor fine lines but uneven skin tone.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I only use the water and like other girls here, I don't know if it's better than Evian, but if I don't spray my face for a few days ( I ran out of it), my skin resents it big time and looks so dull. No amount of oils, moisturizers can replace the sprayed water. I don't know, it's like invigorating the skin kind of thing.
yjuliao

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
sorry but forgot to ask if any of you use Avene retrinal and which moisturizer have you used to work best for same skin type
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I have received one of their products (after sun gel) but never tried using it because of the ingredient list and I was afraid it would be unsuitable for my sensitive skin. So far I don't seem to respond well to commercial brands or brands that are more chemical based.

I have no clue what this water spray does girls. Isn't it just water? Would it make any difference if you just use water to spray? Sometimes I feel we girls may be tricked into buying all these "placebo" type products... what if it's all in our head? Just some thoughts of mine... no offence.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
yjuliao wrote:
sorry but forgot to ask if any of you use Avene retrinal and which moisturizer have you used to work best for same skin type

hi there, sorry i haven't used their products but to answer your question on what moisturiser i use... i am currently using Decleor's Hydra Floral moisturiser which I recently bought as it was on sale! It seems to be reacting quite well with my skin and really hydrates. Smells good too. But it's only been maybe a week so we'll wait and see... Smile
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
jumbosstar42 wrote:

I have no clue what this water spray does girls. Isn't it just water? Would it make any difference if you just use water to spray? Sometimes I feel we girls may be tricked into buying all these "placebo" type products... what if it's all in our head? Just some thoughts of mine... no offence.

Different spa waters have different mineral compositions and it can make a difference to your skin. I find the Avene water particularly useful when I'm living in (or travelling to) areas with hard water as my skin breaks out badly in hard water areas. A light rinse (spray, rub lightly with hands, pat dry) with the Avene water after cleansing (and removing my cleanser with tap water) does help with my breakouts.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
jumbosstar42 wrote:

I don't know for sure if the water is better but I am a trusting person. I also like the spray pressure; it wakes up your skin and looks more fresh.
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I was hoping that this would also be a natural brand but saw a very chemically based. Shame.

However I do like the oats extract. I find it very calming.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 am      Reply with quote
i think it is good, especially for its sun protection, and the va series. i think.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:58 am      Reply with quote
The sun products are good. I think there are better brands out there.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't like this brand at all. I used one of the cleansers a while back- I forgot the name of it- and it was drying for me, for some reason, maybe because I did not moisturize it good, but it did not help with my clogged pores either.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |