Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Epionce Lytic Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
aligroff

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. I have just started using the Lytic Lotion from Epionce. I was on Obagi Nu Derm for a year and a half and switched due to the concern of hydroquinone. And my skin didn't look that great anyways. I have never used SA before. My skin is definitely breaking out. And the breakout around my mouth is becoming red and scar-like due to the irritation of the product. So I am no longer using it on that area (until it heals). My skin seems raw and sensitive. Is there any adjustment period after which time my skin will be plump and smooth and exfoliated? Or is this product just too harsh? I am also using a gentle cleanser and toner. Epionce MelanoLyte and Renewal Lotion. And a drop or two of emu oil for added healing.
SkinPro63

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi aligroff -- Sometimes, when you make a switch from one skincare line to another, it can throw off the balance in your skin and breakouts may sometimes happen.

Obagi's NuDerm system uses strong prescription topical retinoids and hydroquinone, which may affect the health of your skin barrier. For some people --not everyone-- when you apply Lytic to a somewhat impaired barrier, you may experience a follicular irritation that could cause a break out. Usually, your skin will clear up within a few weeks and you can continue using Lytic. However, if the breakouts are cystic, you may want to discontinue using the Lytic and use only the cleanser and Renewal product to help build your barrier strength for a few weeks. Then you add your Lytic again--starting every other night in the PM, then every night, then go ahead and start adding in the AM. If the climate you live in is very humid, you may need to ask for a Lite Lytic instead because humidity in the skin actually magnifies the effect of the Lytic. Once you finish your first tube of Lite Lytic, you can try bumping the strength to regular Lytic.

For now, I would suggest using only your Epionce cleanser, MelanoLyte twice a day, and follow with Renewal and sunscreen in the morning -- no sunscreen at night, of course. You didn't mention what kind of toner you were using -- if it is Epionce Rebalancing Clarifier, it actually adds and holds moisture in the skin so it's great for drier skin types ... or if it is Purifying Lytic Toner, it can be used to spot treat blemishes, or all over to help control excess sebum. Try your regimen first with just MelanoLyte and no toner for a week to see if that works for you ... if you still feel too oily or experiencing break outs, add the toner.

Lytic can be added in a few different ways:
- AM: cleanse, (tone optional), LYTIC, renewal, sunscreen; then PM: cleanse, (tone optional), MELANOLYTE, renewal
- *or* AM/PM: cleanse, (tone optional), LYTIC (WAIT 20-30 minutes), MELANOLYTE, renewal, (+sunscreen, AM only)
- *or* first 12-18 weeks, AM/PM: cleanse, (tone optional), MELANOLYTE, renewal (+sunscreen, AM only) ... after 12-18 weeks, add Lytic AM or PM (opposite time of MelanoLyte application)

Hope this helps you! Smile
aligroff

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! What a fabulous response. I did not expect such a thorough reply. To answer your question. I am still using Obagi Nu Derm gentle cleanser and toner because they are benign and I had nearly full bottles. For monetary purposes, I need to use them up before I go buy something else. I think I will do what you advised until things calm down. I live in Colorado so humidity is not a problem. I was told I could use retin-a with epionce. Like twice a week and Lytic in the am to exfoliate the cells. Would you ever mix the two or is that asking for trouble? Thank you so much!!!!!!!
aligroff

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
One more question. I find it odd that after using the lytic my skin is a bit sensitive and burned feeling upon washing and rubbing. It never burned from Obagi. Weird. Is that a normal thing? Also are you a rep for Epionce? I would love to hear your thoughts on Epionce as a whole. Especially about how it stacks up to Obagi, IS Clinical, Neocutis, Skinceuticals, etc. Thanks!
SkinPro63

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi aligroff -- I am an esthetician in Boise and I have been using Epionce since 2004, when I brought it into a plastic surgeon's office where I was working at the time. So I am passionate about it -- not just because it is an Idaho product, but because I truly believe in the science and philosophy behind the products. If you ever get a chance to meet Dr. Thornfeldt, the creator of the line -- do it! He is amazingly smart (and not bad on the eyes either, for an older man). Wink

You can use retin-a with Epionce -- in fact, you can apply renewal either before or after you apply the retin-a. You can also use retin-a at the same time you use MelanoLyte Tx. Apply MelanoLyte Tx first, allow it to absorb, then apply Retin-A. I just think if you are just starting to use MelanoLyte, let your skin get used to that first, and then start with Retin-A, since Retin-A is such a strong product.
And you can definitely use Lytic in the morning to encourage skin smoothing and cell turnover (Epionce doesn't use the word "exfoliation" because it goes against their philosophy) -- just don't use Lytic or Retin-A together because that would probably be too irritating.

The Epionce philosophy is so different from other skincare lines, in that it is about repairing the skin and building skin barrier strength, along with calming factors that create inflammation response in the skin -- many lines will do one or the other, but not both. In addition, instead of fancy marketing slogans and slick advertising, Epionce put its money in independent clinical studies to test the efficacy and safety of the product formulations -- the whole formula on human testers, not just one or two key ingredients in a petri dish or test tube. You can find all the information on the Epionce website, if you have a chance to look at it.

I know I sound like a commercial for Epionce, but I have really loved the product for almost six years and I have participated in many advanced trainings with the line.
aligroff

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad to know how much you love Epionce. I am going to stick with it. How long after beginning Lytic does the dryness subside? It's mostly in the areas where there was either pigment or pimples I picked out. So of course it looks more pronounced. I am hydrating the heck out of my skin. But I am eagerly awaiting the time when this dryness subsides. And I cannot afford to switch to Lytic Lite. I have a near-full tube of the regular and cannot afford to eat the cost. Thanks SO MUCH!!!!!! I have faith in this system Smile

Ali
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |