Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I've scarred my face in the worst place - please help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I'm not sure how I have done this. It could be the microdermo flannel I use or glycolic acid.

The story so far...On Sunday I put glycolic acid on face and used the microdermo flannel (as per usual) but noticed that the tip of my nose was bleeding a bit. Not sure what I did or what happened as I have done all of this many times before.

Nothing was noticeable yesterday so used microflannel gently yesterday evening..

Anyway this morning I have noticed the scab on the end of my nose but it really shows as it is indented. It is like a chicken pox mark whereby the area is indented.

Has anyone ever had this? Is there anything I can do about this? Creams, oils or scar pads etc.

Please help I'm beside myself as it is so obvious.

Thanks everyone

Fatsia
Mabsy

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Ouch! Sorry to hear that! I'm sure it will heal up and disappear though.

Guapagirl will be able to offer some good advice... In the meantime, I'd wack some aloe vera gel on it and leave it alone.
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your speedy reply. Has Guapagirl had the same problem? I am so worried as the scar could not be in a worse place.
Happy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Poor you,

Aloe Vera is great for scabs, as well as pure vitamin E oil. Once the scab has healed and if you notice a scar try the Decleor prologene gel, its great for reducing / removing scars. My friend went face first into a car windscreen and used it, it took a while (10 months) but you can barely see the scar now. I'm sure yours will disapear much quicker.

Regards
Happy
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Happy

Thanks very much for the info I bought some aloe vera gel at lunchtime and have started putting it on. I'll get some vit E capsules as well.

Your poor friend my god it really puts things into perspective.

Best wishes

Fatsia
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi fatsia!
been there etc! aloe vera is the way to go and don't use dermabrasion flannels with GA. I know some suppliers say you can do this, but I think that people don't realise how abrasive those flannels are, especially when they are new.
I use my old flannel for a quick gentle swipe morning and evening and I don't use any strong GA products now, I prefer gentle enzyme based peels like Jasons pineapple and papaya. If you do want to use AHA/BHA peels, then it's safer to use a lower % (yes Mabsy, I AM saying this! Laughing ) over a longer period of time. You get the same results, but without the risks of skin thinning and burning etc
HTH, Liz Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

Guapagirl thanks very much for the advice. I am pretty angry about the bad advice printed on the dermaflannel thing.

Did the aloe vera heal the scar? Did you start putting the aloe vera on when it was still a scab?

How long did everything take to heal?

Sorry about all the questions I am very upset about this.

Best wishes

Fatsia
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Guapagirl

Could you give me details of the regime you used to get rid of the scar?

Thanks

F
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just kept on putting aloe on the burn...it acts like a second skin. I only washed very gently with water and my hands. The small burns took about 4-5 days to get new skin, but the really bad one was about 2 weeks. Do not, under any circumstances be tempted to pick at the scab which will eventually form!
Liz Cool

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |