Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Dior Addict Ultra Gloss (Pearl) - Plumping Volume
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have purchased this about a month ago and started using this a few weeks ago. I was first attracted to the range of colors and then I opened it and noticed a difference in this expensive line of gloss compared to others. First the lip gloss container had a different mechanism when you shut the gloss. It has this subtle suction feeling and a click when you close it. Felt like it was pushing the air out when you shut. This was definitely different from normal lip glosses.

Then the gloss texture is a different thing altogether. It is not slimy thick but smooth-like gel. It glides very nice and smoothly over your lips and the brush is not your usual brush (that resembles a mini mascara) but a brush like a paintbrush. It is easy to use and smoothly guides the gloss over your lips.

The gloss has a unique feature that includes micro glitter within in that act like mirrors to reflect light. When you observe closely the reflection from the gloss is very natural and makes your lips look plumped up. Very sassy.

Also, when I use regular lip gloss and have my hair accidentally touching them. My hair has this gooey texture that gets transferred from the gloss. But with this Dior gloss, it doesn't have that. The gloss is not as viscous to have that effect on your hair when it gets transferred. That is very nice! You can also feel the moisturising effect of the gloss on your lips. I used the pearl bronze coloured which is very natural.

I paid a high price for this (for the first time)... never indulged to such an extent on make up but this was really worth every cent. There IS a difference.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add that I just looked closer at the ingredient list and found "glass beads" included as part of the ingredient. My husband was quite horrified and warned me about ingesting it since it's so close to my mouth and I will surely take in some when licking my lips or when I talk.

What do you guys think? Would they intentionally include something potentially harmful in there or is this supposedly a safe version of glass beads?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Does the Dior gloss have any taste?

I'v tried a few high end glosses and have not liked the taste too much.

Guerlain tasted chemically and dried my lips.
Laura Geller, "old lady tasting" makup.

I actually used to like an Avon gloss that went on kind of how you described..but that was a few years ago,so doubt they have them now though Sad

N idea if the glass beads are bad for you.
Would the same apply to mineral makeup and gloss too?

Maybe it is just the wording in the ingredients.
Could it be mica or another thing?
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
No taste. I don't think there is any... But I don't usually lick it. I apply it to my lips and keep the inside lips free from it.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
My friend lives in France, she is in cosmetic business, she told me stuff from DIOR and other big brands are very safe.
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Critic for your reassurance! I guess big names cannot afford to risk their brand image. But I am not swallowing any of those glass beads... haha!
miss mei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Is he referring to silicon dioxide?? I don't think there are microshards of glass in the lipgloss, probably just the same chemical in a different form. I'm sure that the use of silicon dioxide in cosmetics is quite common and relatively safe.

BTW - I did try this in the bright pink colour and loved it. I didn't buy it as I don't think I'd wear it out but it was fun. I don't recall any smell to it. It lasted and had great pigmentation to it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
My friend lives in France, she is in cosmetic business, she told me stuff from DIOR and other big brands are very safe.

Dior is actually not the "safest" brand.
I was looking up stuff a while ago in cosmetic database website that rates how toxic products are and Dior is not that great.

They use tons of chemicals,artificial fragrances,parabens,talc..and more stuff.

I still like some Dior products,but I would just research whatever you are using to be sure yourself.

A lot of those high end companies if you take the time to read online what ingredients they use-you will be shocked.

I still buy some of those brands today,but I try and be informed of whatI use to make a choice.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |