Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Omnilux in Australia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone purchased an Omnilux New U from the USA and used it successfully in Australia? It would be much more economical to do it this way but I don't know if the device would work properly.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:22 am      Reply with quote
PosyLee wrote:
Has anyone purchased an Omnilux New U from the USA and used it successfully in Australia? It would be much more economical to do it this way but I don't know if the device would work properly.

Just email them and ask if the voltage would be compatible - I would imagine it would be. I doubt that they would be manufacturing two different devices with different voltage. You would, of course, need an Australian adaptor.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Just email them and ask if the voltage would be compatible - I would imagine it would be. I doubt that they would be manufacturing two different devices with different voltage. You would, of course, need an Australian adaptor.

I read somewhere - on an Australian supplier's site, that the different voltage affects the wavelength of the light and so devices imported from abroad won't work. It sounded a bit bogus to me but I'd like to hear from someone that has bought the device and had success with it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Most of my gadgets have been bought from the US. I don't have an Omnilux, but I do have both the Baby Q and a Lightstim. They work perfectly in Australia.

The US has a different voltage than Australia - America is 120v and Australia is 240v. Most devices are manufactured to work on both. All you need is an adaptor. If the device is 120v, you will need to buy a voltage converter.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Most of my gadgets have been bought from the US. I don't have an Omnilux, but I do have both the Baby Q and a Lightstim. They work perfectly in Australia.

The US has a different voltage than Australia - America is 120v and Australia is 240v. Most devices are manufactured to work on both. All you need is an adaptor. If the device is 120v, you will need to buy a voltage converter.

That gives me some confidence to buy from the USA. Can I ask why you bought two - and which you prefer?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 am      Reply with quote
PosyLee wrote:
That gives me some confidence to buy from the USA. Can I ask why you bought two - and which you prefer?

I purchased the Baby Q first - when there was allot of buzz about it on the Forum. But then I heard about the Lightstim and decided to try that because it has amber lights (which are supposed to be better for anti-aging) and it has a larger head, which means less treatment time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
I purchased the Baby Q first - when there was allot of buzz about it on the Forum. But then I heard about the Lightstim and decided to try that because it has amber lights (which are supposed to be better for anti-aging) and it has a larger head, which means less treatment time

Do you notice any difference in the different modes of operation?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:00 am      Reply with quote
PosyLee wrote:
Do you notice any difference in the different modes of operation?

The mode of operation is basically the same for both devices - although the Baby Q does have a pulse mode and different intensity settings. But all you do for both gadgets is place the light on the face and leave it there for x amount of minutes then move to the next spot. It's all pretty basic.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |