Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Chanel Temporary Tattoos
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Something a little different Smile

I bought a set of these a couple of months back, so not sure if/where still available as they're supposedly a limited edition item. Not the kind of thing I'd usually buy - but thought they could be fun for parties. Finally got round to trying them out on the weekend.

http://www.thelipstickdiaries.com/2010/01/chanel-temporary-tattoos/

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Make-Up-Accessories-LES-TROMPE-L%27OEIL-DE-CHANEL-89753

They retail for US75 (I bought mine in Hong Kong at the boutique for a similar amount - the make-up counters don't seem to carry them). You get five sheets, a total of 55 tattoos of different sizes. Mostly those "jewellery" neck/wrist type things, plus some quite nice birds and florals. I like the birds - a friend has already "borrowed" one.

I was running late, so didn't have time (or talent) to do anything artistic like the Chanel make-up artists. Thought I'd just quickly put one flower on the lower left arm. After cutting out and removing the plastic overlay, when placed on the skin they are slightly adhesive, which is handy if you only have one free hand to work with - ie, once positioned they shouldn't move. You then wet the back, press for 30 seconds, and remove backing paper (same as other temporary tattoos).

I liked the flower so thought I'd quickly also add a "bracelet" type just above the wrist. This pic was taken almost 48 hours after applying. Sorry pic not clear - taken on my phone with bad lighting.

Seems to be holding up well, though I've been careful to avoid soaps/lotions in that area. I did today accidentally in the shower scrub it with scrub gloves & shower gel, which surprisingly didn't seem to affect it much, at least not noticeably. Instructions say to remove with body lotion, which I'll probably do tomorrow.

Certainly not a necessary purchase but fun for special occasions. I got asked about it all night...
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice! They look great!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I saw those in a fashion magazine, so fun, love them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
They look nice:)

At least it is a better look than what one of the big brands (either Dior or Lancome?) had a few years ago.

I remember at the dept store I shop at they had these lace face tattos you put on your eyebrows.

Would maybe be ok for a rave or club..or costume party.

Now that I think of it those lace face tattoos remind me of something Lady Gaga would wear.

The Chanel ones look very nice.
Is there one with a Chanel logo?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I did the removal today... wasn't as easy as I expected. First tried body lotion, as suggested in instructions, but seemed to have no effect. Then tried some coconut oil and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed, with tissue, and eventually got it all off. Seems they are quite long lasting .. I'm guessing they'd probably look OK for at least a week if you're careful.

There's a few "jewelled" type individual Chanel logos in the kit, although I'm not so keen on being "branded" ... actually there's a tiny logo in the floral pictured on my arm, but not really visible in my blurry pic.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Did u try rubbing alcohol to get it off?

usually that works-but is very drying.
Whenever I get ink on my fingers from leaky pens I always use alcohol wipes and it comes right off.

alcohol wipes or rubbing alcohol is so useful for stuff Smile

I just buy these wipes that are in the box of 100 and sealed separately..also useful for cleaning my sunglass frames Smile
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, wow! Very cute! It will be great for summer.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
It's very pretty! Good for party.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:23 am      Reply with quote
Another cool thing for a party is the feather eylashes from NYX.

I want to get some,but it is a hard look to pull off.
I am waiting for my skin to look a bit better..so maybe holiday time if I go to a weird art party I will wear those Smile
Tallisa
5% products discount

Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:20 am      Reply with quote
This is on my WANT list for sure. So jealous you got them. I just cant seem to justify the splurge. Though If I did get the tattoos it would probably be the only thing from Chanel I would own...
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Shock I saw a girl wearing one of these in the shop the other day! I was thinking: woah, that is a pretty big decision to get the chanel logo tattooed on your neck!
I get it now Laughing They're so cute!
jangaming
5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
it looks good! and im so into one japanese brand called MURUA, it released a pack of tatto sticker too, with many different kinds of pattern/graphic in 1. and there are 3 in one pack.i bought one pack from them and i really love it. i put a ribbon on my arm and everyone said it looks great!its amazing. you can check its official site too. It is called MURUA.
lareina781

Fri May 24, 2013 4:07 am      Reply with quote
it's very beautiful,I like it .
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
This looks so pretty! Love it.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Cool, I would love those!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |