Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NCN's All-Trans Retinol 1.0% & 2.0%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if anyone has ordered and tried yet. And how do the percentages compare with other OTC retinol products out there. Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Wondering if anyone has ordered and tried yet. And how do the percentages compare with other OTC retinol products out there. Thanks!

I have been using Green Cream 9 before starting rx Retin A. It comes in 3,6,&9 9 being the strongest at 0.9% I am happy with it, I do have very non reactive, normal skin. I bought it from EDS but here's a description from another site.

http://www.essentialdermcare.com/Green-Cream-High-Potency-Retinol-Level-9.html

Product Description

Green Cream High Potency Retinol Level 9 is a powerful treatment that rejuvenates the skin. It contains 0.9% Retinol (Vitamin A) which is an antioxidant that is vital for healthy skin. It stimulates exfoliation by accelerating the skin cell turnover time from a normal 30 day cycle to 5 days making the skin appear smoother and brighter. This highly potent formulation provides an effective treatment to improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne and acne scarring and age spots. The cream also minimizes the appearance of pores and improves skin tone and texture, while repairing skin cells damaged by the sun. Green Cream High Potency Level 9 is one of the strongest retinols available without a prescription and should only be used by experienced Retinol users. This cream is suitable for all skin types.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks DM. My sister and neice have not started a retinol regimine and they have very, very sensitive skin. Wonder if it be worth it for them to try befor moving to perscription strength. Is there much of a difference betweet 1 and 2% and will it matter at this strength?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
divalovesmusic wrote:
Thanks DM. My sister and neice have not started a retinol regimine and they have very, very sensitive skin. Wonder if it be worth it for them to try befor moving to perscription strength. Is there much of a difference betweet 1 and 2% and will it matter at this strength?

Hi Diva,

I am not an expert by a long shot but actually went through 1 tube of ROC then straight to the strongest Green Cream and on advice of members especially RileyGirl (who is an expert on this) I will then go to the lowest strength of rx Retin A and see how my skin deals with it. My thought would be to start slowly and work up especially with sensitive skin as even the stronger OTC aren't always tolerated instantly.
I am not sure about the different percentages on the OTC but assume it could be a good deal stronger between 1&2%. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I've never seen another 2.0% product.

I have very sensitive skin and like DM, I started with a low percentage retinol and gradually made my way up to 1.0% before taking the plunge to Retin A. Even then, I had some major redness before my skin adjusted. I'm no longer using retin A, because I'm using Osmosis products which contain retinaldehyde.

Since your sister and niece have very sensitive skin, I highly recommend they start with a very low retinol and work their way up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I did not realize EDS had Green Cream. I got my level 9 off Ebay and went directly to 9 from doing nothing: but my skin is rhino hide: thick and on the oily side. I use 1% retin - a (alternate with a .05 RX and actually had a quicker, more obvious result from Green cream. My skin loved it.

DivaLoves:
Regarding the 2% transretinol from NCNproskincare- I recommend emailing Nanci at NCN - she knows her stuff and will respond very quickly. Great to work with, very helpful. She'll point you in the right direction - it's a new product and noone will know it better than her at this point.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

DivaLoves:
Regarding the 2% transretinol from NCNproskincare- I recommend emailing Nanci at NCN - she knows her stuff and will respond very quickly. Great to work with, very helpful. She'll point you in the right direction - it's a new product and noone will know it better than her at this point.

Thanks. I think I will. I think I 'll also get a sample of Green Cream. I've been using Retin-A .05 too and would like to see about alternating as well.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Love Level 9. Level 6 really didn't do a thing for me. I bought it after 9 (thought it would be more gentle for use in the summer) and it was useless.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Love Level 9. Level 6 really didn't do a thing for me. I bought it after 9 (thought it would be more gentle for use in the summer) and it was useless.

Thanks! I am going to get the level 9 and 6 for my sister and neice.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Divaloves - I suggest you all test first on a small section of the cheek. Always a good idea for the first few nights.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Divaloves - I suggest you all test first on a small section of the cheek. Always a good idea for the first few nights.

Good advice. I am especially prone to overdo it when I get a new product.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I have got both of these retinol strengths from Nancy. I wanted to see if anyone else has tried them. I have been using them but am inclined to think they are way too weak.. I don't know if they are doing anything at all. I put them on over an active. No irritation whatsoever. Guess that is good or maybe nothing is happening at all. You can use it under your eyes no prob though..
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I didn't like the consistency very much, I think it might be too oily for oily/combination skin, especially in summer.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread. I just ordered NCN's all-trans retinol 2%!to try. ADC tretinoin killed my skin, so I am hoping that the retinol will give me some benefit, more gently but still effectively. We'll see!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for reviving this thread, I am interested in this product as well.
I tried Osmosis Correct with Vitamin A but will not be reordering.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |