Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Moisture Checker Gadget
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I think this Moisture Checker is going to be the next gadget I purchase. It gives you readings of the moisture content of your skin.

http://www.wellnessresources.org.au/category15_1.htm

The older I get, the more my face needs moisture and I'm not sure I'm always giving it what it needs.

Does anyone have one or something similar?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been intrigued with this too, Skippie. I saw it on Palacia while checking out Keliu's favorite gadget: Wink
http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SCALAR%2DMOISTURE%2DCHECKER
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I saw it too!! I must admit I was tempted - but then I could just imagine myself checking my skin moisture level a million times a day!

Skippie, please let us know if you purchase it.

ETA: I was just thinking that this would really be a good tool to see if drinking gallons of water really does hydrate the skin. Maybe I should get one to see if drinking tea also hydrates the skin - I contend it does, but others think it's a diuretic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I like this idea too. I make myself drink water and I hate it. It would be good to know if it even matters.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:54 am      Reply with quote
I wonder how it works, it does look interesting and I'm curious like the others. Let us know if you get it and would recommend it!
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - tea does count. Being hydrated is about the amount of water that passes through your body, flushing toxins etc, and tea definitely contributes to this, as long as its not just tea you're drinking! And at any rate, your body will keep a more or less constant amount of water actually in your body - otherwise you'd die!

32, still using: OCM, vitc C, epidermx, ageless (for my lips), now added clarisonic, silk pillow and Aldi skincare! Skin is better than ever 31, medium olive skin, combination-oily. Staples: epidermx II, OCM, retin-a, vit c powder, facial exercises (ageless).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:12 am      Reply with quote
Huh - I thought tea was a direutic, meaning that your body needed to consume more water to get it out of the body? How does that work? Its not that I think thats bad news (actually I've always been a tea drinker) but it goes against what others have told me?
mowgli wrote:
Keliu - tea does count. Being hydrated is about the amount of water that passes through your body, flushing toxins etc, and tea definitely contributes to this, as long as its not just tea you're drinking! And at any rate, your body will keep a more or less constant amount of water actually in your body - otherwise you'd die!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Huh - I thought tea was a direutic, meaning that your body needed to consume more water to get it out of the body? How does that work? Its not that I think thats bad news (actually I've always been a tea drinker) but it goes against what others have told me?

Tea being dehydrating is supposed to be a myth. New research states that drinking tea hydrates the body in the same way that water does - plus you get the benefits of antioxidants.

http://www.teasetc.com/tea/article.asp?ID=52

I'm hoping this is correct because a drop of water never so much as passes my lips!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Whoa...this is way cool! Thanks, Skippie! If anyone tries this out, I would love love love to know whether this is worth it. So tempting... Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Me too - I do hope this is true. I start my day off with the much needed cup of tea before I have to do anything. That would be excellent if it is.
Keliu wrote:
I'm hoping this is correct because a drop of water never so much as passes my lips!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Me too - I do hope this is true. I start my day off with the much needed cup of tea before I have to do anything. That would be excellent if it is.
Keliu wrote:

There are a number of studies on the subject that Tea and other liquids we consume contribute to the hydration of our bodies. Smile Just a few:

http://www.tea.co.uk/files/fact_sheets/tea_and_hydration_update_jan06.doc

http://www.teaadvisorypanel.com/press/view/33

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Ok but I've just seen somewhere else it was argued that the effect of tea and coffee in the body is opposite to that of water?

I mean this poster seems to really think tea/coffee are the bad ones, and I've sent him those links to see what he says, but he argues that anything that contains caffeine triggers stress responses in the body.

I wish the experts would agree on things like this as it only causes more confusion for the rest of us non-experts!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Sorry - I've been out of town. If and when I get this, I'll let you know. I became interested in it when I was watching a video on the Rankines Remedies site. A client was being given a galvanic treatment, but he first measured the moisture content of her skin in different areas. One of her cheeks was drier than the rest of her face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
One of her cheeks was drier than the rest of her face.

I don't think any of us here need to find out that kind of information. Can you imagine us applying different products to different areas!

BTW, I love your new signature - very appropriate for this place! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:08 am      Reply with quote
That would be pretty awful, Keliu. It's bad enough applying layer after layer but to do that for different areas of the face would make me suicidal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I received this and have tried it out once. My readings all came back in the normal range. The instructions that come with the unit leave much to be desired in the way of telling you how to interpret the readings and clean the unit. I found a really good PDF online with better information so if you do purchase one, you might want to take a look at this: http://www.skindrmachine.com/pdf/ScalarMoistureCheckerFAQ.pdf

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |